Toon Ultras

Guest HyDrO

have the toon ultras made any noise in league games yet or is it still just on european nights when no one's there?

Harder to get them all together really, plus as far as I can tell they're largely pretty young and probably can't get to league games so much.

No I'm not disrespecting them, just an observation.

Guest Hand in Glove

Thought you were quite quiet tonight actually lads. Compared to some other European nights your pre-pubescent shrills weren't quite as grating.

What happened, a few of your men grounded?

I had a 35 foot banner which looked the part, we all agreed to move down onto the second back row but some charvers went and sat on the back row, so we just ended up moving back  blueupset.gif

It will be over the balcony for all other games. And as for league games, most of the core members sit in level 7, just it's harder to create an atmosphere as not as many people stand and so forth., but still it's usually a good atmosphere up there for most matches. We were very loud last night, but songs were too fast and too repetative. It was a good laugh and I enjoyed the match.

I sit on the halfway line and i couldn't hear much noise from you lot, and what i did hear was a bit high pitched, not as bad as the high pitched squeaks coming from the Gallowgate. Slightly off topic, maybe if the majority of people that seemed to be clumped together were/are charvers which puts many people off joining you id imagine.

Didnt hear any Shearer songs but  he lads did make plenty of noise up there, as we tried to do doon in our liitle corner, my throat is thrashing today and I am losing my vocie a bit but all in all  a great night and  :thup: tot he lads with the

"PARKER FOR ENGLAND" T-Shirts  :thup: :thup:  bluebiggrin.gif

Created a reasonably good atmoshpere BUT here are a couple of criticisms :-

1. You're support is fucking shit

Was funny and justified when sang at Cardiff but is now boring, repetitive and embarrassing when sung every week. Who was it aimed at anyway? The Tallinn Youth team Players in Level 7 or the rest of the ground? Either way, it is a song that needs to be retired pronto.

2. Parker for England

No Non NO NON.

Parker for NUFC, England players get injured.

Guest The_Tyne

have the toon ultras made any noise in league games yet or is it still just on european nights when no one's there?

How could the Ultras make a significant contribution to the noise level at League games when the Majority of Level 7 is seated with season ticket holders, most of which arent members of the site, or don't care about the atmosphere? I think the original question was how did the Ultras get on last night... but thanks for your input.

How could the Ultras make a significant contribution to the noise level at League games when the Majority of Level 7 is seated with season ticket holders, most of which arent members of the site, or don't care about the atmosphere? I think the original question was how did the Ultras get on last night... but thanks for your input.

And that's one of the things I find annoying about the "Ultras".  The we're-the-only-ones-that-care-about-the-atmosphere-aren't-we-great attitude.  Which manifests itself in the barracking of those that won't join in with every chant that they start. 

And that's one of the things I find annoying about the "Ultras". The we're-the-only-ones-that-care-about-the-atmosphere-aren't-we-great attitude. Which manifests itself in the barracking of those that won't join in with every chant that they start.

we don't think that!!! we are the only ones attempting to get the atmosphere back. you lot take the piss but you're doing fuck all about it are you?

that would be no then

And that's one of the things I find annoying about the "Ultras". The we're-the-only-ones-that-care-about-the-atmosphere-aren't-we-great attitude. Which manifests itself in the barracking of those that won't join in with every chant that they start.

we don't think that!!! we are the only ones attempting to get the atmosphere back. you lot take the piss but you're doing fuck all about it are you?

Hmmmm.....first sentence slightly contradicted by second and third sentences.

Unfortunatley i had to watch the game, well i only caught the second half on the telly. Due to other football commitments.

The atmosphere sounded OK , and just OK but nothing more. For the crowd that was there, i think you lot done well.

Some songs like NEWCASTLE, NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE NEWCASTLE, come across loud but only when the rest of the crowd joineid in. The only joined in when we scored.

i thought they were quite loud, and roeder could obviously hear them cos he responded to their chants

'your support is f**cking shit' was an ironic chant i think

it seems that some people think they are too cool to praise the ultras, it is full ov charvas, but at least their doing something

i thought they were quite loud, and roeder could obviously hear them cos he responded to their chants

'your support is f**cking shit' was an ironic chant i think

it seems that some people think they are too cool to praise the ultras, it is full ov charvas, but at least their doing something

thank you. thats what i mean. p.s. we don't want to attract the charvas, we are coming up with a plan to stop them.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Charging for membership?

That would deter potential new members from joining the forum.  It also wouldn't make any difference in the ground because at the end of the day charva's will always gan up to level 7 to wind up the away fans. 

I think the forum itself seems to contain a decent bunch of lads.  It's just the baggage that comes with it.

People get a negative impression of the toon ultras because the charvers are attracted to the noise and they see it as a perfect opportunity to take the piss out of the away fans etc.

Guest Knightrider

Why don't the Ultras pick another stand to the charvers that way we'll get two ends singing and not all in one place, and yous also get to ditch the cunts and may see an improvement in your image?