Tommy Craig Statement is finally made

BottledDog

NEWCASTLE United has reached an agreement with Tommy Craig over his future which will see the coach leave his post in the next few days.

The club wishes to make it clear that his departure is purely down to further re-structuring of the coaching staff following several changes that have taken place during the period covering the departure of Graeme Souness and Glenn Roeder's full time managerial appointment.

Tommy, a past captain of the club, has served the club for over eight and a half years as Reserve Team Coach. He leaves with the best wishes of the club.

Tommy wishes the club and the fans with whom he has a wonderful rapport every success in the future.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~905182,00.html

Now I'm a bit hung over but are they saying that this restructuring was planned, and that the club was always going to be left with the three amigos heading all first team and reserve posts... 

...or is this actually just a veiled statement telling us that Craig was indeed upset by promises made or hinted at after Souness left, and has walked?

/oooh me head. bluedead.gif

NEWCASTLE United has reached an agreement with Tommy Craig over his future which will see the coach leave his post in the next few days.

The club wishes to make it clear that his departure is purely down to further re-structuring of the coaching staff following several changes that have taken place during the period covering the departure of Graeme Souness and Glenn Roeder's full time managerial appointment.

Tommy, a past captain of the club, has served the club for over eight and a half years as Reserve Team Coach. He leaves with the best wishes of the club.

Tommy wishes the club and the fans with whom he has a wonderful rapport every success in the future.

Laughable, we get a statement after his replacement has gone, we're a joke, we've got a clown running the circus that is Newcastle United.

Laughable, we get a statement after his replacement has gone, we're a joke, we've got a clown running the circus that is Newcastle United.

Kevin Bond was never the reserve team coach, he was Roeders assistant.  :roll:

Kevin Bond was never the reserve team coach, he was Roeders assistant.  :roll:

Was I seeing things when I saw Tommy Craig standing beside Roeder during games and helping out?

His title might have been reserve team coach, he wasn't coaching the reserves during first team games.

When someone leaves without another job to go to, it's a sure sign of trouble.

It's a recurring theme, but you wonder what part, if any, the manager is playing in these decisions. Kevin Bond was sacked without Roeder knowing about it or it seems being consulted, and he still doesn't seem to know the reasons why.

With Tommy Craig, you wonder whether the messages that Shepherd was giving him about his job were the same as Roeder's understanding. The timing suggests that Craig thought he was accepting one job, only to find that he was expected to do another.

When someone leaves without another job to go to, it's a sure sign of trouble.

It's a recurring theme, but you wonder what part, if any, the manager is playing in these decisions. Kevin Bond was sacked without Roeder knowing about it or it seems being consulted, and he still doesn't seem to know the reasons why.

With Tommy Craig, you wonder whether the messages that Shepherd was giving him about his job were the same as Roeder's understanding.

If things are happening without the knowledge of the team manager then it's up to him to say something, if he's got the balls, I don't think he has the balls to face up to Shepherd and if that's the case then he's going to get walked all over.

Sometimes you have to say things even if doing so doesn't come natural.

I suppose that's what you get when you appoint a puppet.

Shearers 'yes' men are gradually being put in place in time for next season.

We get rid of the most qualified coach at the Club, it makes no sense whatsoever. You cannot even say he was doing a bad job with the reserves because he wasn't. McDermotts qualifications anyone?

Jobs for the boys I'm afraid.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Now Clarkie is officially reserve team coach!I think Clarkies great but hes a bit young for this sort of job surely?

Now Clarkie is officially reserve team coach!I think Clarkies great but hes a bit young for this sort of job surely?

It is a joke. He has to lift players, coach them to a position where they can move up to the first team squad, decide the future of players at the end of the season whether they stay or go, and decide with Roeder the timing of players deemed ready to move up to the first team.

At a club our size, with the importance of the position, it would be absurd for someone as inexperienced in coaching, handling and judging players as Lee Clark to be given the job.

I don't think the Chairman is even bothered now, just keep the club alive until he gets his £100 million valuation.

Guest Geordie Gaz

It is a joke. He has to lift players, coach them to a position where they can move up to the first team squad, decide the future of players at the end of the season whether they stay or go, and decide with Roeder the timing of players deemed ready to move up to the first team.

At a club our size, with the importance of the position, it would be absurd for someone as inexperienced in coaching, handling and judging players as Lee Clark to be given the job.

I don't think the Chairman is even bothered now, just keep the club alive until he gets his £100 million valuation.

If memory serves me correctly, he's been coaching a local kids team since he was first with us. I remember reading about it in the old Black & White mag, forget which issue though (it was 10+ years ago).

That doesn't mean I think he is qualified to do the job, but he has got experience :thup:

If memory serves me correctly, he's been coaching a local kids team since he was first with us. I remember reading about it in the old Black & White mag, forget which issue though (it was 10+ years ago).

That doesn't mean I think he is qualified to do the job, but he has got experience :thup:

No, I understand that. I think I meant to say 'at the highest levels', but I am happy to concede he does have experience.

Whether some of the older players would respect that experience might be an interesting question though.

Guest Moe-Ali

We'd be better off if this club was run by my big toe which currently has a big blister on it.

Atleast your toe is neutral, and neutral is never stupid.

We'd be better off if this club was run by my big toe which currently has a big blister on it.

And good news, the blister has popped.

TT's big toe for Chairman!

Guest fumaca

Perhaps when the Great Pie Eater has got his £100m in the bank , Belgravia are going to appoint a decent long term manager and the decks are being cleared for our new leader ?

This is hope rather than expectation

And good news, the blister has popped.

TT's big toe for Chairman!

We've already got a toe rag, we may as well have the toe  rimshot.gif

How do we know that Clark isnt a good coach?

Has anyone had first hand experience that will tell them otherwise?

Thought as much, just because he is an ex player of ours doesnt mean that he cant coach.

Nobody has said that he cannot be a good coach, just that he lacks the experience to be one now.

I see Roeder himself says today, '...three or four years down the line I believe he will be looked upon as a top coach'.

Well that's great, I hope it happens, but surely at our club we should be giving such an important role to someone already proven, not someone who may or may not be four years down the road.

Guest Phil K

Yes true, and may I remind people I said this would happen, and Glenn would be found out this season ?

Guest Gemmill

Yes true, and may I remind people I said this would happen, and Glenn would be found out this season ?

No you may not, you self-congratulating mong.  :lol: