What do you think about Hugo Viana?

Guest Eugeni

Guest Eugeni

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I'm from Spain, and I'm a Valencia suportter, and I wanted to ask you something:

What did you think about Hugo Viana while he was at NU? Here, Quique(the coach) doesn't like him very much, and we, Valencia fans, we are divided, there's people who think Quique is a bad mister, and Viana could play very well in the midfield, replacing Edu. There's another group who think that Viana isn't that good player.

The fact is, since he came, he has played about 3 o 4 matches at most. 3 o 4 matches in a year and various months! So, we don't know about his stats, or how he plays. So I ask you, who(I suppose) have seen him more matches tan we, how he plays? Is he a good player, and Quique is shit, or Quique is right not convoking him?

Thanks ;)

I think he's a hugely talented player but the Premier League was definitely not suited to him. He is far more suited to the Italian league in my opinion where it's very slow paced football and not so physical......and more suited to a 3-5-2 formation where he can play behind the 2 strikers (where he doesn;'t have to tackle! but concentrate on clever through passes to the strikers)

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. I'm from Spain, and I'm a Valencia suportter, and I wanted to ask you something:

What did you think about Hugo Viana while he was at NU? Here, Quique(the coach) doesn't like him very much, and we, Valencia fans, we are divided, there's people who think Quique is a bad mister, and Viana could play very well in the midfield, replacing Edu. There's another group who think that Viana isn't that good player.

The fact is, since he came, he has played about 3 o 4 matches at most. 3 o 4 matches in a year and various months! So, we don't know about his stats, or how he plays. So I ask you, who(I suppose) have seen him more matches tan we, how he plays? Is he a good player, and Quique is shit, or Quique is right not convoking him?

Thanks ;)

Hehe, made me laugh, no offence.

Hugo was too weak, lazy and slow to cut it in the EPL.

I thought he'd have a better crack in La Liga, but i think Valencia is too high a level for him. He needs regular football in a smaller club, then we might finally see the promise we were all told about.

EPL - wrong league, Valencia - wrong club.

Guest Bubbles

at Sporting he looked a good promising player but european clubs always pay over the top fees for young players that have only come on the scene

Quality passer of the ball, but hard to accomodate for the majority of sides, particularly ones who have wingers as well as forwards unable to play on their own.

Was more than good enough for the Premiership, certainly looked decent in his first season, but never given a chance in his real position as playmaking attacking mid. When Viana was here, we were always a one man team, a side built around Alan Shearer, a slow but lethal target man, hence we always preferred to play a basic 4-4-2, meaning there was no space for a playmaker like Viana.

He was awful in his second season for us because he was left to rot in the bench/reserves by an aging manager who, if im being brutally honest, had become too stubborn to change things even though we were going downhill - his confidence was shattered after his Euro 2004 dreams went down the pan as a result, and when called upon towards the end of the season in a struggling team, and drafted in as a defensive midfielder, he performed miserably. IMO majority of our fans only remember this version of Viana.

I think his potential is finished now. Put simply, weve ruined him, and therell only be so much that he can recover. Hes lucky to be at Valencia, the next club he moves to will probably be a step or two down. Hell probably end up back in Portugal.

Quality passer of the ball, but hard to accomodate for the majority of sides, particularly ones who have wingers as well as forwards unable to play on their own.

Was more than good enough for the Premiership, certainly looked decent in his first season, but never given a chance in his real position as playmaking attacking mid. When Viana was here, we were always a one man team, a side built around Alan Shearer, a slow but lethal target man, hence we always preferred to play a basic 4-4-2, meaning there was no space for a playmaker like Viana.

He was awful in his second season for us because he was left to rot in the bench/reserves by an aging manager who, if im being brutally honest, had become too stubborn to change things even though we were going downhill - his confidence was shattered after his Euro 2004 dreams went down the pan as a result, and when called upon towards the end of the season in a struggling team, and drafted in as a defensive midfielder, he performed miserably. IMO majority of our fans only remember this version of Viana.

I think his potential is finished now. Put simply, weve ruined him, and therell only be so much that he can recover. Hes lucky to be at Valencia, the next club he moves to will probably be a step or two down. Hell probably end up back in Portugal.

Wasn't the first, won't be the last, what is it with us and knackering young talent?

Guest the_serbian_mag

Un jugador com mucho talento, pero no lo utilzar...

Vicente, Albelda, Baraja, todos estan mejor...

Perdon por mi espanol mal  :lol:

Un jugador com mucho talento, pero no lo utilzar...

Vicente, Albelda, Baraja, todos estan mejor...

Perdon por mi espanol mal  :lol:

Es porque Roeder es estupido! No deja Luque jugar, que cabron!

Mira una tentativa en español aká. Es un gran talento con una intelligencia exceptionnel pero nunca hube la chance de jugar en su posición aka entonces es dificil para nosotros te dir se es muy bueno, yo creeo, ya que lo vi jugar en portugal que puede hacer mucho en Valencia pero necesita jugar y no se quedar en las reservas. Pero Edu es un buenismo jugador también.

CHEERS!

Wasn't the first, won't be the last, what is it with us and knackering young talent?

Whole host of reasons:

Inability to help struggling/low confidence players who need the help, trophy signing mentality, poor managerial appointments, failure to time things well, poor planning, bad luck, backwards training/coaching/fitness regimes and philosophies, poor scouting network, etc etc.

A prime example is Luque. Although hes not young, he was still a supremely talented player who we ruined. He peaked for Deportivo playing as a hybrid left winger/forward in a 4-2-3-1 system, in a team that had good passing/movement and played on the deck - we signed him firstly because Souness' mate had told him he was one of the 3 best players in Spain (poor scouting network) and also because Souness wanted to switch to a similar system, he talked all summer of switching to a 4-3-3, which turned out to be bollocks (Poor managerial appointment). Come the final day of the transfer window, we signed players for a 4-4-2 system, mainly Owen (Trophy signing) meaning we signed Luque for no reason since hes not going to fit into a standard 4-4-2 (Poor planning). Luque then gets a nasty injury (Bad luck). He then comes back completely unfit (backwards training/coaching/fitness regimes and philosophies), plays poorly, gets shunted into the reserves (inability to help struggling/low confidence players who need the help), things go downhill from there, we end up with a pathetic excuse for a professional footballer.

As Cumpy Grunt said, if I had a kid who had potential to be a Premiership standard professional footballer,  I would keep him as far away from Newcastle United as possible. He can go there once hes on the downslope of his career and wants to pick up a fat wage or guarantee himself first team football based on past reputation.

• 1 month later...