Ian Holloway

Dave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/5409860.stm

JOEY BARTON DROPPING HIS SHORTS

It was a bit cheeky wasn't it? But I don't think it was that bad. I would have been worse if he'd turned round and dropped the front of his shorts instead.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a couple of butt cheeks personally. I think he's a funny lad and he was having a joke. I don't think he meant to offend anybody. If anybody's offended by seeing a backside, get real.

Maybe they're just jealous that he's got a real nice tight one, with no cellulite or anything. I thought his bum cheeks looked very pert. If anybody's offended by that they ought to go and see the doctor.

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/5409860.stm

JOEY BARTON DROPPING HIS SHORTS

It was a bit cheeky wasn't it? But I don't think it was that bad. I would have been worse if he'd turned round and dropped the front of his shorts instead.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a couple of butt cheeks personally. I think he's a funny lad and he was having a joke. I don't think he meant to offend anybody. If anybody's offended by seeing a backside, get real.

Maybe they're just jealous that he's got a real nice tight one, with no cellulite or anything. I thought his bum cheeks looked very pert. If anybody's offended by that they ought to go and see the doctor.

he is a legend.

:lol:

Guest Digger

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've found it

Best interview I've seen in ages :D

Have you seen the one where he was interviewed after they lost a tight game by the odd goal and he said, "Yeah it was close, we are having no luck at the minute. If I fell into a barrell of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb. It's just the way it's going just now." Or something like that anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've found it

Best interview I've seen in ages :D

Have you seen the one where he was interviewed after they lost a tight game by the odd goal and he said, "Yeah it was close, we are having no luck at the minute. If I fell into a barrell of tits I'd come out sucking my thumb. It's just the way it's going just now." Or something like that anyway.

The more I hear about this guy the more he's turning into one of my hero's :D

Guest asteroidblitz

Some more pearls of wisdom from his bio on Wikipedia:

* "It's like the film Men in Black. I walk around in a black suit, white shirt and black tie where I've had to flash my white light every now and again to erase some memories, but I feel we've got hold of the galaxy now. It's in our hands."

- Holloway on QPR's financial situation.

* "It was lucky that the linesman wasn't stood in front of me as I would have poked him with a stick to make sure he was awake."

- Holloway states his opinion about the linesman's performance in a game against Bristol City.

* "I call us the Orange club - because our future's bright!"

- on QPR's potential.

* "He's been out for a year and Richard Langley is still six months away from being Richard Langley, and I could do with a fully fit Richard Langley."

- on midfielder Richard Langley's injury rehabilitation.

* "It's all very well having a great pianist playing but it's no good if you haven't got anyone to get the piano on the stage in the first place, otherwise the pianist would be standing there with no bloody piano to play."

- after being criticised for using defensive players in midfield.

* "I am a football manager. I can't see into the future. Last year I thought I was going to Cornwall on my holidays but I ended up going to Lyme Regis."

- asked whether QPR would be able to beat Manchester City.

* "To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She weren't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee"

- on the "ugly" win against Chesterfield.

* "You can say that strikers are very much like postmen: they have to get in and out as quick as they can before the dog starts to have a go."

* "I always say that scoring goals is like driving a car. When the striker is going for goal, he's pushing down that accelerator, so the rest of the team has to come down off that clutch. If the clutch and the accelerator are down at the same time, then you are going to have an accident."

* "I've got to knock that horrible smell out of my boys, because they smell of complacency."

* "Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

- Holloway after securing promotion to the Championship.

* "When my wife first saw Marc for the first time, she said he was a fine specimen of a man. She says I have nothing to worry about, but I think she wants me to buy her a QPR shirt with his name on the back for Christmas."

- on QPR's new Danish striker Marc Nygaard.

* "Paul Furlong is my vintage Rolls Royce and he cost me nothing. We polish him, look after him, and I have him fine tuned by my mechanics. We take good care of him because we have to drive him every day, not just save him for weddings."

- on veteran striker Paul Furlong.

* "We need a big, ugly defender. If we had one of them we'd have dealt with County's first goal by taking out the ball, the player and the first three rows of seats in the stands."

- after a defeat against Notts County.

* "You never count your chickens before they hatch. I used to keep parakeets and I never counted every egg thinking I would get all eight birds. You just hoped they came out of the nest box looking all right. I'm like a swan at the moment. I look fine on top of the water but under the water my little legs are going mad."

* "There was a spell in the second half when I took my heart off my sleeve and put it in my mouth."

* "I don't see the problem with footballers taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? They enjoy it and the young ladies enjoy it too. I suppose thats one of the main reasons women come to football games, to see the young men take their shirts off. Of course they'd have to go and watch another game because my lads are as ugly as sin."

- Ian Holloway about the new rule restricting footballers from removing their shirts during a match.

* "Sometimes when you aim for the stars, you hit the moon."

* "I believe in what I am doing totally and once people speak to me they do too - I could sell snow to the Eskimos."

* "We've got a good squad and we're going to cut our cloth accordingly, but I think the cloth that we've got could make some good soup, if that makes any sense".

• 1 year later...
Guest Erich von Manstein

Ian Holloway is class. I could listen to him all day, funny as hell.

Aye he's a right wolly like

I reckon he is playing on it now.

Was funny at first but I think he probably plays to the audience now

Seems a decent fella though and not full of all the usual football shite. Seems honest enough