Timing: Our past, the present, our future? by NE5

James

I look forward to the day when this thread is rendered completely pointless. It's pretty close already.

Even so, something tells me there'd still be people on here and in the crowds who would still find something to moan about...

those of you who are season ticket holders...why are you season ticket holders ?

If you aren't, you are irrelevant, as the opportunity is there to support the club yet choose not to take it.

Why not ?

Those who are season ticket holders, and continue to support the club, why do this if you are not happy  ?

as for Ozzie..is he as thick and stupid as he was when he supported Souness [thereby backing the board and the decision to back him with big money yet now dissociates himself from his own comments] ......... as he disappeared with his tail between his legs for a while and is now coming back.....is he not able to admit he is wrong  :lol:

Not that it matters ..... I know his knowledge, and experience of supporting the club, when we really did have a shit board, is zero. Like many others    :lol:

Once again, somebody else takes 10 minutes out to completely dismantle NE5's argument and entire reason for being on Newcastle forums.  He won't see it though.  He'll just come back with the same old tired stuff about 5th best, divine right, full houses etc. etc. 

And lo and behold....

If filling the stadium, and running the club to a level that it can buy major England players and international players at their peak or approaching their peak, isn't an achievement of the board by raising expectations and showing ambition, please explain why 30,000 supporters pissed off - for years on average - when the club was shite........Contrary to what you think we do not have a divine right to finish above all these clubs......qualifying for europe more than any other club in a decade except 4, is certainly not "mediocrity".

It's like a bad bad joke. :lol:  He'll even read someone predict that that's exactly what he'll say in response, and then say it anyway.

get back to work .... :)

is this your new job Gem.....you do even less work than the other one  bluebigeek.gif

Yes it is.  And yes, I do.  bluebigrazz.gif

I'm right though, you can't keep peddling the same old shit to defend this failing regime.  You're doing yourself no favours by excusing Shepherd's failures all the time.

You still think we have a divine right to be 2nd ...

You're a hoot. We are in the position we are in because of the man you backed, Souness.

I am pleased you still consider regular european football to be "failure" ... yet you are still attraced enough to presumably pay for a ticket.

If you want them out, stop going. It worked the last time they were shit. I mean bottom of the 2nd division, not playing european football on a regular basis BTW

:lol:

Ahhh, the divine right line.  How utterly predictable. 

And you STILL fail to realise that it was Shepherd's backing of Souness that has put us where we are, not mine.  How this most simple of "facts" (I know you like facts, particularly when they're in quotation marks) is beyond your powers of comprehension is a mystery to me, and yet somehow it is.  I get the blame for Shepherd's biggest mistake to date - makes it easier to defend him I suppose.

I pay for a ticket because I want to watch my team play, not because I think the current board is the bees' knees - another concept beyond your limited intelligence.

Keep defending Shepherd though.  You're a joke in the eyes of pretty much everyone on here because of it. :lol:

aaahhh....the "only" qualifying for europe - again - yet we haven't taken up our divine right to finish 2nd in the league.

How utterly predicatable.

YOu do realise that ii is idiots trotting out this crap that the press jump on and call it "naive and thick Geordies" ... the same as you condemn Shepherd for his own "Geordie Nation" rubbish.....

You couldn't make it up. Are you also a thick shite, like you call Fred  :lol:

Anyway, what is your opinion on the facts I have posted about the appointment of Keegan and ther people who chose him  ? Forget the fact you are blind to the truth, just give us your opinion....... or are you going to say you know differently..... :lol:

Or you can name me the successors to the current board who will guarantee to do better, as you think it will be so easy. Which is a question that strangely, everyone has avoided  :lol:

I look forward to the day when this thread is rendered completely pointless.  It's pretty close already.

It became that, when you decided to argue with factual information. However, the opportunity is still there to prove otherwise, so justifying your "opinion"

Guest Gemmill

Once again, somebody else takes 10 minutes out to completely dismantle NE5's argument and entire reason for being on Newcastle forums.  He won't see it though.  He'll just come back with the same old tired stuff about 5th best, divine right, full houses etc. etc. 

And lo and behold....

If filling the stadium, and running the club to a level that it can buy major England players and international players at their peak or approaching their peak, isn't an achievement of the board by raising expectations and showing ambition, please explain why 30,000 supporters pissed off - for years on average - when the club was shite........Contrary to what you think we do not have a divine right to finish above all these clubs......qualifying for europe more than any other club in a decade except 4, is certainly not "mediocrity".

It's like a bad bad joke. :lol:  He'll even read someone predict that that's exactly what he'll say in response, and then say it anyway.

get back to work .... :)

is this your new job Gem.....you do even less work than the other one  bluebigeek.gif

Yes it is.  And yes, I do.  bluebigrazz.gif

I'm right though, you can't keep peddling the same old shit to defend this failing regime.  You're doing yourself no favours by excusing Shepherd's failures all the time.

You still think we have a divine right to be 2nd ...

You're a hoot. We are in the position we are in because of the man you backed, Souness.

I am pleased you still consider regular european football to be "failure" ... yet you are still attraced enough to presumably pay for a ticket.

If you want them out, stop going. It worked the last time they were shit. I mean bottom of the 2nd division, not playing european football on a regular basis BTW

:lol:

Ahhh, the divine right line.  How utterly predictable. 

And you STILL fail to realise that it was Shepherd's backing of Souness that has put us where we are, not mine.  How this most simple of "facts" (I know you like facts, particularly when they're in quotation marks) is beyond your powers of comprehension is a mystery to me, and yet somehow it is.  I get the blame for Shepherd's biggest mistake to date - makes it easier to defend him I suppose.

I pay for a ticket because I want to watch my team play, not because I think the current board is the bees' knees - another concept beyond your limited intelligence.

Keep defending Shepherd though.  You're a joke in the eyes of pretty much everyone on here because of it. :lol:

aaahhh....the "only" qualifying for europe - again - yet we haven't taken up our divine right to finish 2nd in the league.

How utterly predicatable.

YOu do realise that ii is idiots trotting out this crap that the press jump on and call it "naive and thick Geordies" ... the same as you condemn Shepherd for his own "Geordie Nation" rubbish.....

You couldn't make it up. Are you also a thick shite, like you call Fred  :lol:

Anyway, what is your opinion on the facts I have posted about the appointment of Keegan and ther people who chose him  ? Forget the fact you are blind to the truth, just give us your opinion....... or are you going to say you know differently..... :lol:

Or you can name me the successors to the current board who will guarantee to do better, as you think it will be so easy. Which is a question that strangely, everyone has avoided  :lol:

Errrr...were you drunk when you posted this?  Was any of it supposed to make any sense or address my post in any way, shape or form?  It's like arguing with a drunken tramp intent on just shouting nonsense at you.  You really are the stupidest person on here.  How you get to be the age you are and still totally incapable of conducting a sensible discussion with someone is beyond me.

Tremendous effort NE5 in writing all that, and getting your point accross. It pisses me off when people take others' differing opinions as "wrong", and I think a few have been at NE5's throat for this, and it's unsporting.

I have to say although I completely disagree with NE5 in that I think Shepherd and the current board are useless and we definitely need change, I quite enjoyed reading that, and it makes a decent read on here for a change. (Too many bloody polls!!)

Guest The Fox

Well it seems to me that NE5 and those who support him are doing what they criticise others for. There apperas to be a modern day tendenct and its prevalent on this board that you cannot voice an opinion of disapproval, if you do you are not supporting the club.

Absolute nonsense and even more nonsensical to suggest that you should not be  a ticket holder if you are going to criticise any of the hierarchy or players.

The comparison of pre 92 with today is ridiculous, as I've said before pre 92 the board was dickensian and Sir John Halls involvement put the club back in the limelight with major investment.

However you can compare 92-96 with today and was is indisputal, other than to complete idiots, is since Keegan we have gone backwards both in terms of league position and quality on the pitch.

To argue against that is a joke. NE5 knows it and so do his happy rose tinted band of merry men, which is why he constantly fails to respond to any points made and tries switching the subject.

Hopefully this is the last word, but I doubt it, as the sensible ones among us know the truth and to prolong discussion merely gives NE5 something to do.

Well it seems to me that NE5 and those who support him are doing what they criticise others for. There apperas to be a modern day tendenct and its prevalent on this board that you cannot voice an opinion of disapproval, if you do you are not supporting the club.

Absolute nonsense and even more nonsensical to suggest that you should not be  a ticket holder if you are going to criticise any of the hierarchy or players.

The comparison of pre 92 with today is ridiculous, as I've said before pre 92 the board was dickensian and Sir John Halls involvement put the club back in the limelight with major investment.

However you can compare 92-96 with today and was is indisputal, other than to complete idiots, is since Keegan we have gone backwards both in terms of league position and quality on the pitch.

To argue against that is a joke. NE5 knows it and so do his happy rose tinted band of merry men, which is why he constantly fails to respond to any points made and tries switching the subject.

Hopefully this is the last word, but I doubt it, as the sensible ones among us know the truth and to prolong discussion merely gives NE5 something to do.

Well, I don't know if any of your post is directed at mine just above it, but all I was saying is that I totally disagree with NE5's view of the board and their handling of the club, yet the article was still a good read, and the effort he's put into getting his point across shouldn't be countered by "unsporting" comments. People should lighten up and just accept that others may see things differently.

For the record, I do think that the notion that you need to be a ST holder to voice an opinion. I am not a ST holder because I don't even live in England. Doesn't make my view of the situation any more or less valid than people who "go to games".

Guest Gemmill

Well, I don't know if any of your post is directed at mine just above it, but all I was saying is that I totally disagree with NE5's view of the board and their handling of the club, yet the article was still a good read, and the effort he's put into getting his point across shouldn't be countered by "unsporting" comments. People should lighten up and just accept that others may see things differently.

For the record, I do think that the notion that you need to be a ST holder to voice an opinion. I am not a ST holder because I don't even live in England. Doesn't make my view of the situation any more or less valid than people who "go to games".

Unsporting comments? :lol:  What is this, a debating chamber?  Have you read all of NE5's posts subsequent to the article in this thread?  Have you read his posts prior to writing the article in other threads?  Have you EVER seen NE5 "accept that others may see things differently"?

Guest Gemmill

By the way, your view on player performances IS less valid than people that go to the games.  Sorry, but it's true.  So was mine when I lived abroad and wasn't going to the games, but I was able to accept that - it seemed pretty obvious tbh.

By the way, your view on player performances IS less valid than people that go to the games.  Sorry, but it's true.  So was mine when I lived abroad and wasn't going to the games, but I was able to accept that - it seemed pretty obvious tbh.

Of course it is! But I was talking about views on the running of the club, views about the board, manager tactics, etc...

Guest Gemmill

Of course it is! But I was talking about views on the running of the club, views about the board, manager tactics, etc...

Well in that case, I'll let you off!  At ease, soldier.

Unsporting comments? :lol:  What is this, a debating chamber?  Have you read all of NE5's posts subsequent to the article in this thread?  Have you read his posts prior to writing the article in other threads?  Have you EVER seen NE5 "accept that others may see things differently"?

:lol: Yeah I know! Seemed funny to me as well, but it was the only word I could think of!!  Yes I have read NE5's responses on this thread, but some of the replies he got for the article were "unsporting". I'm thinking...fuckin hell, let a bloke write an article, read it, enjoy it (or not), and then debate! I think it was natural for NE5 to lose the "cool" he displayed ever-so-well in the article, as he got ripped into straight from the off!

Guest Gemmill

I agree to an extent actually.  If someone takes the time out to write an article it's a bit harsh to slate it.  Having said that I have LAID INTO some of the shit that's been posted as articles on the main site in the past, so maybe I should shut up round about now.

I agree to an extent actually.  If someone takes the time out to write an article it's a bit harsh to slate it.  Having said that I have LAID INTO some of the shit that's been posted as articles on the main site in the past, so maybe I should shut up round about now.

OMFG! HAS THE GEMMILLATOR BROKEN DOWN?

it IS a soft centre afterall eh?!

;)

Guest Gemmill

No way baby.  Just didn't want to talk myself into a situation where I couldn't be an absolute twat to the next mong that writes a shit article.  bluebigrazz.gif

If someone takes the time out to write an article it's a bit harsh to slate it. 

Unless it's a load of bollocks.

It may be a load of bollocks to you, but it's no reason to slate it. Debate.

I suppose we could compliment him on his spelling.

THAT'S the spirit!!

Guest elbee909

I look forward to the day when this thread is rendered completely pointless.  It's pretty close already.

It became that, when you decided to argue with factual information. However, the opportunity is still there to prove otherwise, so justifying your "opinion"

I might as well be arguing with a creationist.  You just sidestep arguments and bring up others that have no direct relevance to the core issue, play the 'facts' card and claim victory.  Personally I think you regard yourself as a better fan for supporting the current shower in charge at NUFC against the masses of those that disagree with you; you're more faithful, longer-serving.  Well done.  :thup:

Have NUFC declined, consistently, since the days of SJH/Keegan et al?  Apart from a brief reawakening under Bobby Robson, yes, we have.  More and more money spent on less and less return.  Apparently no-one's truly responsible for our decline as we have no divine right to be better, and if you weren't around when football was played between Chinese villages with a pig's bladder on a stick than you don't know how good you have it now.