ICC Champions Trophy Thread

Mikky

Bloody hell, isn't that the lowest ever score at this ground?

A record likely to stand the test of time - until England play there again. No idea what was going on with England's batting order? Completely random? Have to wonder whats going thru the head of the England ODI management, its a complete mess and has been for quite a while. We need better planning.

Bloody hell, isn't that the lowest ever score at this ground?

A record likely to stand the test of time - until England play there again. No idea what was going on with England's batting order? Completely random? Have to wonder whats going thru the head of the England ODI management, its a complete mess and has been for quite a while. We need better planning.

Zimbabwe have the lowest score which was a couple of days ago during pre qualifying

Why are England so utterly rubbish at the one-day game at the minute?

From 110-2 to 136-7, two wickets whilst I typed this. :thdn:

They lack consistency in selection IMO, Ok they've had a number of injuries, but they seem to messing with the team, i.e Pietersen at 3 then 4 then 5 then 3 etc same with Flintoff. In an ideal world Pietersen should play at 5 and Flintoff at 6. When everyones fit England will have a pretty decent team

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaughan

Bell

Pietersen

Flintoff

Collingwood

G Jones (dont like Read!!)

S Jones

Harmison

Anderson

They lack consistency in selection IMO, Ok they've had a number of injuries, but they seem to messing with the team, i.e Pietersen at 3 then 4 then 5 then 3 etc same with Flintoff. In an ideal world Pietersen should play at 5 and Flintoff at 6. When everyones fit England will have a pretty decent team

Trescothick

Strauss

Vaughan

Bell

Pietersen

Flintoff

Collingwood

G Jones (dont like Read!!)

S Jones

Harmison

Anderson

No bad but I like Read and we need a spinner. Monty instead of Vaughan bluebiggrin.gif

They don't give a shit about one-day cricket, everything's geared towards the test team.

Problem is this "Your best players are your best players" mentality. Too many players in the ODI side on Test form. Strauss, Vaughan (When fit), Harmison, Mahmood etc, all done great jobs in test cricket but have varied from ordinary to shite in ODIs. We need to play more people who have played a lot of 20-20 cricket like Dalrymple.  They have better cricket brains - able  to score singles on a regular basis, find the 2s in the outfield and hit the boundaries with the fielders back.

From the Beeb:

45th over: WICKET England 169 all out (Anderson b McGrath 15)

Anderson plays and misses at McGrath twice and Collingwood has a little word, no doubt telling his partner to hang around for the full 50 overs. That's not going to happen though, as McGrath sends his off-stump cartwheeling to wrap up England's innings. They lost all 10 wickets for just 86 runs. Complete and utter dross.

:thdn:

England would be better off just fielding the Lancashire team. All these southern middle class schoolboys dig us into a hole, and its up to Fred, Jimmy and Saj to dig us out of it.  :roll:

Steve Harmison is bloody shocking at ODI's.....how long do the selectors need to realise that being able to bounce the fook out of everyone in a test match does not an effective one day bowler make. Where is Glenn Chapple  blueupset.gif