do you think the players are behind roeder

Guest redmayne

Guest redmayne

I have an awful 9yet good) feeling that they are not

Given did not seem to enthusiastic on sky - but then he never is but the body language of the players was something else

for the sake of getting roeder out i sincerely hope they are not behind him

cant stand the asshole managing us

even if he is a nice guy - i'd rather have mourinho!

Guest smoggeordie

Given did not seem to enthusiastic on sky - but then he never is but the body language of the players was something else

If he isn't available, i'd settle for Wenger...

we always say this though

we said bobby had lost the backing of the players, and then souness, and now roeder.

At the end of the day, as much as i cant stand roeder, the players need to stop fannying on and start playing like their supposed to, even with a dodgy manager they should be capable of at least trying to play football

ferguson if wenger and mourinho are to busy

Last season, there were some on this forum who said they wouldn't have Ferguson..... mental.gif

Guest geordieracer

i expect they are doing exactly as they are told barr one defender, just glenny boy doesn't have a clue what tactics are

i guess he just says theres 50,000 out there who know what you can do, i want you to go out out there an play to the best of your ability.

duff: what about tactics at chelsea, we had tactics?

i've already said we are going to play 4 4 2 if you play well and to the best of your ability the results will soon come

• 1 month later...
Guest redmayne

Last season, there were some on this forum who said they wouldn't have Ferguson..... mental.gif

were they man utd fans by any chance?

Yes, I think the players are behind Roeder. He wasn't my choice as manager, and I still have my doubts, but I do think he's keeping his cool under pressure. It looks like he's trusting in his own judgement and making his own decisions about tactics and selection rather than bowing to pressure. That can only be reassuring for the players.

I think the pressure got to Souness more. The prime example was where he picked Dyer for the home game against Man U, when he'd had a hamstring injury only a week before. That wasn't smart and he paid the price. Although it was only a few weeks into the season, Souness seemed to be desperate for a result and that clouded his judgement. With Dyer and Martins' injuries, Roeder has been a lot more patient.

In fact, assuming Roeder at least gets us out of trouble, I think it would be a mistake to replace him immediately after a takeover. The new man might then walk into a slightly resentful dressing room. He should have a season to prove his worth under a Board which is more professional in its approach.

There's no way in hell he would have got the job if the players didnt back him 100%. That was the only possible reason he would have been appointed this season (and a dumb one too.) He didn't really have anything else going for him, looking at his fantastic record.

Yes, I think the players are behind Roeder. He wasn't my choice as manager, and I still have my doubts, but I do think he's keeping his cool under pressure. It looks like he's trusting in his own judgement and making his own decisions about tactics and selection rather than bowing to pressure. That can only be reassuring for the players.

I think the pressure got to Souness more. The prime example was where he picked Dyer for the home game against Man U, when he'd had a hamstring injury only a week before. That wasn't smart and he paid the price. Although it was only a few weeks into the season, Souness seemed to be desperate for a result and that clouded his judgement. With Dyer and Martins' injuries, Roeder has been a lot more patient.

In fact, assuming Roeder at least gets us out of trouble, I think it would be a mistake to replace him immediately after a takeover. The new man might then walk into a slightly resentful dressing room. He should have a season to prove his worth under a Board which is more professional in its approach.

I don't agree that Roeder should get the rest of this season if we have new owners and we're out of trouble, if Shepherd goes and we have a good structure in place then I'd ditch Roeder and bring in somebody to take the club forward.

Roeder has been shocking since getting the job full time, from transfer window to now, he's done very little right and doesn't give me anything to hold onto and tell me he can do better.

Keeping Roeder will be an admission that mediocrity is good enough, I can't see that happening, I can't see a new owner investing in the club then settling for a poor season.  This season looks like it's over apart from cups which I can't see us winning, we might as well write it off with at least hope of an improvement next season, that'll not happen with Roeder.

I wouldn't replace Roeder for the sake of it but if we have new owners who want rid of him then waiting is pointless if they can get the person they want and trust now.  I can't see any point in having yet another transitional season next year.  Get somebody in who will have time to evaluate exactly what he's got to work with, not just players but everyone who has any input into team performance.

If new owners come in without any plan then keeping Roeder is the best option, that’s the only way I can see him remaining in the job.

as if .tongue firmly in cheek

Guest Spaniel

I keep thinking of writing Mourinho a letter, telling him that if he really is "the special one" then he should come here and win us a trophy then he really would be "the special one". 

Guest Imperio

I firmly believe they are behind him 100% with an odd exception.

Good point made above too, I've never heard any player call him the manager or even the gaffer. It's always Glenn.

Guest ryunufc

they were behind souness too (05/06) yet they never looked comfortable, appeared to be under pressure at all time therefore not getting the right results.

I firmly believe they are behind him 100% with an odd exception.

Good point made above too, I've never heard any player call him the manager or even the gaffer. It's always Glenn.

If they are not all behind him then it's not 100%. bluebiggrin.gif