Adding Subtitles To A Movie I've Downloaded.

Crumpy Gunt

The Da Vinci Code

Downloaded it, good quality except the subtitles are missing. As I don't understand French the subs are a necessity.

A, Where's best to locate the subs?

B, How do I add the subs to the vid?

Cheers in advance!

Depends if you're using a Mac or a PC...

I can't figure out how to do it. I downloaded Trainspotting and it has Spanish subtitles, but the only thing that seems needed for them to work is for the file to be in the same directory as the movie file. However, when I download subtitle files for other movies, putting them in the same directory as the movie has no effect.

However, if you can manage better than I did, there's a list of sites here: http://www.divxmovies.com/subtitles/

I know with the BSPlayer there was an option to add subtitles to whatever you were viewing, so you might try that. 

I really like the KMPlayer for viewing videos, and that one also has an option to load subtitles.  Which media players are you people using.

I can't figure out how to do it. I downloaded Trainspotting and it has Spanish subtitles, but the only thing that seems needed for them to work is for the file to be in the same directory as the movie file. However, when I download subtitle files for other movies, putting them in the same directory as the movie has no effect.

However, if you can manage better than I did, there's a list of sites here: http://www.divxmovies.com/subtitles/

Not sure but I think they might need to have the same name?

What format is it Crump?

What do you want to do with it? ie Do you want to: watch it "as is" on your pc / burn it to a cd or dvd to play on a dvd-player / burn it to a cd or dvd to play on a div-x player?

What format is it Crump?

What do you want to do with it? ie Do you want to: watch it "as is" on your pc / burn it to a cd or dvd to play on a dvd-player / burn it to a cd or dvd to play on a div-x player?

It's  a DVD Rip (XVID) - I would like to add the subs and burn to DVD if possible.

AXXO* upped it on Torrentspy - His movies are excellant quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Want to add subtitles to your movie while watching it on the PC.

Method 1:

Download DivX Subtitle Displayer (www.divxstation.com) and load the movie and then load the subtitle file.

Method 2:

Get K-Lite Codec Pack and install it. Then open up the movie in the movie player of your choice, look for a green arrow which appear, right click and click on show subtitle (subtitle file must be exact same name as the movie file, rename either if it's not)

Want to add subtitles when you burn to a DVD?

Simplest is WinAVI. Download it (www.winavi.com) - it's a 30 day evaluation copy and the click on AVI to DVD. Your subtitle file must be exactly the same name and you do not have to select it - it will be automatically added. Just select the AVI file and the program will breeze you through it.

Guest Saint Andy

use vlc media player.

download the subtitles, then rename them to the same filename as the movie (except the extension - .sub etc....).

then play the file and rightclick and choose show subtitles.

now go download some good films  ;)