Allardyce's training sessions..

I don't object to a coach imparting some discipline and formation to his team, that's what he was good at. Unfortunately it looks like this stuff is more suited to lower league sides attempting to nullify better teams. Or in Allardyce's case nullifying worse teams as well in case they miraculously tear us apart on the break if we cross the halfway line.

Guest Mucky01

He coaches like that as he is so rotund, the players laugh so much at him bursting out of his XXXXL tracksuit on the training ground he resorts to sitting in the canteen munching pies and bellowing through the PA – convinced he is the best coach out there.

Guest float one in

ALthough it is just a couple of minutes of footage, it does tie in with the rumours we heard of senioir players not being happy with the training, and the evidence we saw with our own eyes on match days. It just seems that he was trying to overcomplicate things. Keegan has made an absolute mockery of what Allardyce was trying to do in the last few weeks, so much so that I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was Sam. KK was a top, top player himself and he's managed some of the best around (and got the best out of them), and he knows the best way to play football is having class players passing it on the deck. There doesn'r need to be owt complicated about football at all.

He coaches like that as he is so rotund, the players laugh so much at him bursting out of his XXXXL tracksuit on the training ground he resorts to sitting in the canteen munching pies and bellowing through the PA convinced he is the best coach out there.

Not a fan of his but when he was on that programme where they wired up football managers to a heart monitor his resting heart rate was about 45-50 bpm. So he's probably fitter than you think.

Guest Mucky01

He coaches like that as he is so rotund, the players laugh so much at him bursting out of his XXXXL tracksuit on the training ground he resorts to sitting in the canteen munching pies and bellowing through the PA – convinced he is the best coach out there.

Not a fan of his but when he was on that programme where they wired up football managers to a heart monitor his resting heart rate was about 45-50 bpm. So he's probably fitter than you think.

you see him at Fulham running across the pitch and not laugh at the fat git – Sumo wrestlers can be fit but you would laugh at them in a tracksuit, no?

He coaches like that as he is so rotund, the players laugh so much at him bursting out of his XXXXL tracksuit on the training ground he resorts to sitting in the canteen munching pies and bellowing through the PA convinced he is the best coach out there.

you see him at Fulham running across the pitch and not laugh at the fat git Sumo wrestlers can be fit but you would laugh at them in a tracksuit, no?

Yeah, I was at the game. Soopafan tbh.

Said this before but it always seemed to be the case..his tactics were simply too complicated and when you have simple minded people like Taylor, Milner and co its really hard to actually have them apply these tactics on the field. result was that everytime we played under him the whole team looked clueless and dosn't know what to do..i could swear i saw Geremi play as a striker and Milner as center back at times!

Said this before but it always seemed to be the case..his tactics were simply too complicated and when you have simple minded people like Taylor, Milner and co its really hard to actually have them apply these tactics on the field. result was that everytime we played under him the whole team looked clueless and dosn't know what to do..i could swear i saw Geremi play as a striker and Milner as center back at times!

I think it's harsh to even partly blame it on the stupidity of certain players like.

His Bolton tactics obviously worked because of the brain power that likes of  Nolan, Diouf, Gardner, Hunt all had.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He had a way of playing that suited neither his players nor his club. He stuck with what he believed and went down with it, and for that he has my respect

Fat Cunt!

I honestly had no idea what he was trying to convey there. I think there was promise in some of his ideas--using ProZone stats to show where players could improve their game, for one--but a lot of it was just FM2008 bullshit and just niggly.

Guest Stephen927

I think his main problem was he went into too much depth. A lot of football tactics are piss easy to convey to a team, it's just those who over complicate it (Sam Allardyce), and those who don't (Kevin Keegan).

Over complicated tactics work for some teams, like Mourinho's Chelsea, very in-depth tactics. The problem is, Allardyce should have figured out they weren't working for this team, and switched to something more simpler and yet just as effective. That was his main down fall.

Here's a thought.

I wonder if KK uses any of his soccer circus techniques with the lads. It couldn't harm them for fitness and close ball control. Remember Keegan said he came across the idea in a training ground in New Zealand years ago.

Better than that Robot shite Allardyce has going on.

Dear me. That was hard enough for me to follow, being English and being fairly bright.

Imagine how the likes of N'Zogbia, Enrique and the other foreign players found it man.

Could go some way to explaining why Enrique "was shite in training" - he never fucking had a clue what he was meant to be doing!

Surely the best way to get a point across is to be clear, concise and straight to the point. That was said in a garbled, stuttering and long-winded manner. What he was saying did actually have a purpose, but the delivery was appalling.

Thing with Keegan is, he seems much more hands on (just basing this on the photos that are often on Getty/NUFC.co.uk), but he'll get in there and actually show a player what he wants from them, not just fucking explain it and expect it to be done.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aoliversaknob

That 90 second clip sums up all I think about the useless c*nt.

Saw him spouting his formations shite on Sky last weekend and just could not take the man seriously having had to endure the mindless, most uncreative boring football I have seen from any team in any division during his tenure at Barrack Road.

(And that comes from a lad who in his very early days watched a Auto Windsreen Sheild Preliminary Round game with 734 others between Carlsile United and Rochdale at Brunton Park) So I know shite when I see it and Big Sams team played shite.  No wonder with training sessions like that though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Guest aoliversaknob

Please use the following definers when assessing  of all things relating to Sam.

King’s Stool Chart © 2001 King’s College London 0cm 10cm

www.kcl.ac.uk/stoolchart Scale | | | | | | | | | | |

Less than 100g Between 100 – 200g More than 200g

Hard & Formed

- hard or firm texture

- retains a definite shape

- like a banana

a cigar

or marbles

A B C

Soft & Formed

- retains general shape