Duff

magorific

Guest Gemmill

Hopefully that means N'Zogbia is starting.  Bernard has now had a longer pre-season than anyone in history btw.  He's been here since September 1st, and we still haven't managed to get him match fit by the 19th of October.  I know he was a bit lightweight when he turned up, but where exactly did he spend his summer holiday?  Auschwitz?

Hopefully that means N'Zogbia is starting.

yeap finally get to see the Zog in action a bit! and have two players on the left who know what they're doing and will be able to link up properly.

I know he was a bit lightweight when he turned up, but where exactly did he spend his summer holiday?  Auschwitz?

:lol:

i dont mind trying duff out - he does seem willing to track back and his positional sence may be good for an emergency lb.

but why it isn't ramage on the right and moore/taylor in the centre i just cannot understand

Guest Anders Rye

Why wont Roeder use Taylor with Moore??????????

When I saw Bramble on the pitch against Bolton and Taylor on the bench I was shocked. And as for Carr, wasn't Roeder trying to make a last minute signing with Lucas Neill? I don't think he rate, but this is what he have.

Hopefully that means N'Zogbia is starting.  Bernard has now had a longer pre-season than anyone in history btw.  He's been here since September 1st, and we still haven't managed to get him match fit by the 19th of October.  I know he was a bit lightweight when he turned up, but where exactly did he spend his summer holiday?  Auschwitz?

Auschwitz  :lol:

at left-back tonight, so I'm told.

Left back in the changing rooms would be better.

He's way past his best.

what a bloody stupid comment  :roll:

Ive been pretty dissapointed with duff so far, but he needs bedding in time, He gets around and looks lively but just hasnt done it for me so far.

If people are bashing Emre, i dont think Duff has offered much more... YET.

He is SOOO far from being past it though. AS is Emre i might add.

Id rather Duff there than Ramage, Peter just isnt comfortable there and doesnt offer anything coming forward. What we will lose defensively will be more than made up for at the attacking end of the pitch IMO. That is IF he sticks wide and puts some crosses in when he is forward.

Can someone tell me if Damien Duff has put in a performance that you would describe as a 7/10 in the Premiership this season? Cos i am struggling (West Ham maybe?).

What a disappointment he's been so far.

:thdn:

Guest smoggeordie

Can someone tell me if Damien Duff has put in a performance that you would describe as a 7/10 in the Premiership this season? Cos i am struggling (West Ham maybe?).

What a disappointment he's been so far.

:thdn:

Agreed. Barring Fenerbahce, he's been average at best.

I just wonder if he thinks he's on easy street at Newcastle. After all, its not as if he's expected to contribute to trophies. At the moment, he's lucky to get his place in the first XI.

He seems a good pro from his interviews, I will put it down to a settling in period and being in and out of the team at Chelsea. Bellamy hasnt quite hit the heights at pool yet so it shows some good players already in the league can still take a while to adapt.

Guest puretoon

That's the problem here-they ALL (apart from a couple) think they're on easy street -a right good gravy train.

So why not just pick your massive overblown wages up, have a half hearted game, talk a good game and have a huge ego eh??  Yeah right-my arse it's alright  :wullie: 

its about time this club once again sorted themselves out cos they'll end up with a var night on empty stadium very soon.

That's the problem here-they ALL (apart from a couple) think they're on easy street -a right good gravy train.

So why not just pick your massive overblown wages up, have a half hearted game, talk a good game and have a huge ego eh?? Yeah right-my arse it's alright  :wullie:

its about time this club once again sorted themselves out cos they'll end up with a var night on empty stadium very soon.

and that will be charlton. i think we'll get below 45,000. the club will be in turmoil without the toon fans paying through their noses every week to see them play. and when the club serve up that peice of shite it doesnt make the fans want to go back.