What's the problem with students?

Syrette

Guest Gemmill

The point about people having at one time been students is EXACTLY the point.  It's only whilst at university that you really learn what dickheads most students are.

Not all are bad, but tbh, you went to watch Bodger and Badger last night, so I'm not holding much hope out for you.  bluebigrazz.gif

Not all are bad, but tbh, you went to watch Bodger and Badger last night, so I'm not holding much hope out for you.  bluebigrazz.gif

Not quite. I went out to get drunk and see my friends. Bodge and Badge were just a sideshow. Tbh.

I fucken HATE students, sorry.  Just cause you are student doesn't make you one of them 'those' students though.  These students know who they are.  Annoying cunts, that sit in starbucks or whatever every afternoon, eat lettuce, try to speak differently when in fact they have broad Glaswegian accents, think cause they're at Uni  they're better than anyone that isn't etc... can I stop now?

I would say they never work, but that's not really true.  You still see some of the poncy cunts kicking around in jobs.

Guest Gemmill

I don't want to keep harping on about it, but go to Tescos in Acorn Road and tell me that ALL students aren't dickheads.  Stood fucking hugging each other in the middle of the aisle.  "Ohhh my god, I was sooooooo twatted last night.  Can't remember a facking thing.  Yeah the bouncers threw me out in the end.  Sooooo fanny."

Or go to Dene's Deli and hear them ordering Brie and Grape sandwiches.

Guest Invicta_Toon

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

their fair trade charity shop tree hugging vegan lifestyles

their protests about fees while they never do any work

thier protests on worldly matters like Trident, when they're barely out of nappies

their tightness

iPods

I don't want to keep harping on about it, but go to Tescos in Acorn Road and tell me that ALL students aren't dickheads.  Stood fucking hugging each other in the middle of the aisle.  "Ohhh my god, I was sooooooo twatted last night.  Can't remember a facking thing.  Yeah the bouncers threw me out in the end.  Sooooo fanny."

"Fucking hell! There's no polenta!" Someone I know actually heard a lass say that in there.  :lol: Mind Jesmond is a haven for twats anyway.

Guest Gemmill

Which they pay for by cheque.

"Yah, any discount with NUS card?"

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

thier protests on worldly matters like Trident, when they're barely out of nappies

their tightness

iPods

Can't say I know anyone like that Vicky...

Then again I don't know what uni you go to like.

In order to avoid being a twat student….

Don’t dye your hair a zany colour

Don’t wear a t-shirt with a witticism on it

Don’t pay for a drink by cheque

Don’t nurse a half all night

Don’t brag about how drunk you’ve been getting

Don’t brag about how many lectures you’ve missed

Don’t brag about how little revision you’ve done

Don’t brag about how skint you are

Don’t claim any childrens tv is brilliant

Don’t claim any quiz shows are brilliant

Don’t claim any daytime tv is brilliant

Don’t hyperventilate over everyday objects

Don’t air kiss anyone

Don’t read the FT

Don’t wear make-up (lads)

Don’t wear Massive scarves and no coat.

In order to avoid being a twat student….

Don’t brag about how drunk you’ve been getting

Don’t claim any childrens tv is brilliant

Don’t claim any quiz shows are brilliant

Guilty as charged for all the above.

Looks like I'm a "twat student" then.

bluecry.gif

Guest Gemmill

And especially don't go on about how skint you are if you don't have a part time job.  How do you think THE REST OF HUMANITY comes by money you wankers?

Guest Invicta_Toon

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

their tightness

iPods

Can't say I know anyone like that Vicky...

Then again I don't know what uni you go to like.

a decent one - Edinburgh

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

their tightness

iPods

Protests? Students are generally apathetic in political matters these days. Been watching The Young Ones?

Students are generally apathetic in political matters these days. Been watching The Young Ones?

Except when it comes to running for student union president.  Christ I hated that week of tossers trying to look more zany than each other to get something to put on their cv.

Guest Invicta_Toon

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

their tightness

iPods

Protests? Students are generally apathetic in political matters these days. Been watching The Young Ones?

a bunch of ours were at Faslane the other day chaining themselves together across the access road

silly twats. The Navy should just shoot the fuckers

off the top of my head:

their fashion sense

their tightness

iPods

a bunch of ours were at Faslane the other day chaining themselves together across the access road

silly twats. The Navy should just shoot the fuckers

Unlike being a twat, I would say being politically active is the case for a small minority of students though ;)

Really students are just young scamps who haven't had the stuffing kicked out of them by life yet.  They're between home and the grown up world.  I wholeheartedly approve of student debts so can get a taster of the shit they're in for & can get careworn and old before their time.  I'd be a student again like a shot if it wasn't for students  bluebigrazz.gif

People in their late 20's with debt hate all students.

People from normal backgrounds of all ages hate those students who speak like cunts and use terms like 'supper' for dinner.

People who have experienced a student twat first hand (most of us) will always take the piss out of students as they are such an easy target.

Hence students get a hard time.

People in their late 20's with debt hate all students.

People from normal backgrounds of all ages hate those students who speak like **** and use terms like 'supper' for dinner.

People who have experienced a student **** first hand (most of us) will always take the piss out of students as they are such an easy target.

Hence students get a hard time.

Absolutely.  But I don't know why students should care.  They should be too busy having a good time, I know I was  :winking:

I love these anti-student threads once Gemmill gets a hold of them.

We've got four new ones at work, they all live in the same house and they're so stereotypically 'rah' it's unbelievable. One is a lass called Alex who calls herself 'Lexi', lives in Jesmond and drives a Mini Cooper that her dad bought her. I reckon the stupid bitch probably keeps a pony in the boot as well and I don't think there's any way she can talk that stuck up without putting it on deliberately tbh.