Account Set up! HELP ADMIN!

Toon_Crazy

You must have been registered on the board before the move, new members need 'proper' accounts. Its not something I like and I actually thought we'd got rid of it to be honest.

Has he got an email account through your ISP, eg @ntlworld.com or something?

Can't use hotmail, yahoo e-mail address to register.

Why not? I did.

Yeah, but you registered on the old board; the e-mail restriction wasn't implemented until we moved to this board.

If your friend needs an other e-mail account, PM me his e-mail address, and I'll send him a Gmail invite.

Guest Howaythetoon

Me and Phil chose this option to try and cut out the spammers and the idiots. Since this new board went up, I've had about 100 e-mails from people saying whay can't they register. After explaining, all of them have registered. Genuine fans will go out of their way to register, the idiots won't bother and that's the aim with this no yahoo/hotmail thing.

I guess it needs better explained though on signup.

Can't use hotmail, yahoo e-mail address to register.

Why not? I did.

Yeah, but you registered on the old board; the e-mail restriction wasn't implemented until we moved to this board.

If your friend needs an other e-mail account, PM me his e-mail address, and I'll send him a Gmail invite.

Thanks, sorted!

Me and Phil chose this option to try and cut out the spammers and the idiots. Since this new board went up, I've had about 100 e-mails from people saying whay can't they register. After explaining, all of them have registered. Genuine fans will go out of their way to register, the idiots won't bother and that's the aim with this no yahoo/hotmail thing.

I guess it needs better explained though on signup.

Good idea though!