Appiah

Guest BooBoo

For me this lad was Fener's best player. An all action midfielder who was good on the ball and drove his side forward until the end.

Definitely one to keep tabs on. I dont really know too much about him, but he really caught my eye tonight.

he's a brilliant player and i've wanted us to sign him for yonks. he was actually nowhere near his best tonight. he usually has a lot more energy (think essien with more creativity) and is more of a box-to-box. it looks as though zico wanted him to play a more conservative game today, though equally it might've been down to the poor form fener fans have mentioned (looks like he is off in jan).

Guest Kurshad

You guys, be sure that Appiah is not this.

He is playing with his %50 after the World cup. And he has performed very bad tonight.

I think he is a typical EPL player, it is said that Arsenal want him. Maybe he is deluded due to transfer rumours.

He is very very good at long shoots. But tonight, he could not hit the mark.Maybe you can watch the videos on youtube to take a better idea about him.

It was kind of funny how he spend quite some time having a go at some of his teammates, clearly one step ahead of the rest.

The amount of in-fighting in the Fenner team was bizzare. They were ripping each other to shreads.

/at least we're not quite at that stage yet. bluebiggrin.gif

Appiah seems to me like a black scott parker...with perhaps more of an attacking mind on him....Would love him here...his work rate is 2nd to none (except scotty)....Who would he replace tho? emre?....could you have 2 scott parkers in the mid of the park?

Probably won't happen but the lad belongs in the premiership thats for sure. Qual-it-y

I thought he was canny good at Juve.

Got loads of stick though as people thought he was going to be the finished article after some great performances at his old club (cant remember, think Udinese).

He was likened to a lot of great DMC's (i think at the time he was going to be the next Davids) you know how someone gets a label, but i think it was too much pressure in the heart of Juve's mid, but he still held his own, but was lampooned mainly for stray passes, and poor marking.

Looked like he's regained his spirit though, and would deffo suit a move to the EPL.

I's play him next to Parker, not very creative, but great for away games.

How much would he cost? £4m?

Guest GHoeberX

For me this lad was Fener's best player. An all action midfielder who was good on the ball and drove his side forward until the end.

Definitely one to keep tabs on. I dont really know too much about him, but he really caught my eye tonight.

LoL You didn't see him playing for Juventus? Or you didn't watch Ghana during the worldcup? :roll: Damn! He's my favorite player already for quite some time. If you like Appiah, here's my other fav. players:

Patrick Kluivert, Heurelho Gomes, Micheal Essien, Robin van Persie, Rafael van der Vaart, John Obi Mikel, Yaya Touré, Thierry Henry, Boulahrouz (Ronaldinho was invisible vs Chelsea)

And real unknown talents which will be great in some years (of course I'm always right about this - put your tabs on these):

* Moussa Dembélé (Belgian playing for AZ Alkmaar)

* Diego Biseswar (Dutch playing for Heracles Almelo)

LoL You didn't see him playing for Juventus? Or you didn't watch Ghana during the worldcup? :roll: Damn! He's my favorite player already for quite some time. If you like Appiah, here's my other fav. players:

Patrick Kluivert, Heurelho Gomes, Micheal Essien, Robin van Persie, Rafael van der Vaart, John Obi Mikel, Yaya Touré, Thierry Henry, Boulahrouz (Ronaldinho was invisible vs Chelsea)

:lol:

I thought he was canny good at Juve.

Got loads of stick though as people thought he was going to be the finished article after some great performances at his old club (cant remember, think Udinese).

He was likened to a lot of great DMC's (i think at the time he was going to be the next Davids) you know how someone gets a label, but i think it was too much pressure in the heart of Juve's mid, but he still held his own, but was lampooned mainly for stray passes, and poor marking.

Looked like he's regained his spirit though, and would deffo suit a move to the EPL.

I's play him next to Parker, not very creative, but great for away games.

he's not a defensive midfielder though, and looked a shadow of himself cos juve played him as one. he'd be much more creative than parker too, i think they'd make a good pairing.

Guest Leftfoot

Fenerbahce is a rich club. There is no way they would sell him for £4m. He would be at least as expensive as Anelka. £8-10m is more realistic.

Guest AceDeuce

According to the radio last night their was scouts from 14 premiership teams at last nights match, all there to watch Appiah.

lol thats why i hoped he would perform bad. he pleased me

Guest Knightrider

Very impressive last night, don't think he wasted a ball, got forward well and he was everywhere in midfield. He doesn't tackle, he's not that type of player so he's no DCM but he's exactly the type we need in there alongside Parker if we want to play possession football while adding height, power and athleticism to our midfield which we lack.

I was also impressed with the Uruguayan defender, mind he wasn't up against much like.

great player for fener but would not improve newcastle if any i would recommend Mateja Kežman (FW), Can Arat (CB,LB), Önder Turacı ( Belgian citizen (CB,RB) ), Volkan Demirel (GK).Tuncay Şanlı (FW,SS,ML,MR,MC)

Diego Lugano (CB) is good at slow paced games he would be useless in epl

great player for fener but would not improve newcastle if any i would recommend Mateja Kežman (FW), Can Arat (CB,LB), Önder Turacı ( Belgian citizen (CB,RB) ), Volkan Demirel (GK).Tuncay Şanlı (FW,SS,ML,MR,MC)

Diego Lugano (CB) is good at slow paced games he would be useless in epl

I just wondering, why isnt Appiah be a great player for nufc ?  :roll:

Guest Imperio

He impressed me during the World Cup but to me he looked like a shadow of that player. Still worked his socks off and along with the other Fenerbache midfielders over ran our midfielders.

He's got a bit more quality on the ball that Parker, would compliment him perfectly IMO.