The Hold Steady

The Bonk

Guest Hand in Glove

yeah, i loved Separation Sunday, I'll have to check their new one out.  Never mind any of this Killers shit, the Hold Steady truly are the modern day heirs to Springsteen's crown.

yeah, i loved Separation Sunday, I'll have to check their new one out.  Never mind any of this Killers shit, the Hold Steady truly are the modern day heirs to Springsteen's crown.

Yeah, I agree, that Brandon Flowers dude is so far up his own arsehole it isn't funny.  I always thought

they ripped off Billy Joel more than Springsteen.  Listen to Joel's "Piano Man" album and add synth's, blamo

you have "The Killers". 

Guest Verlaine

Over on TT, they got the scoop about this two months back.  :winking:

What the fruck is the TT??  The CD's been out 2 weeks, what is this scoop you speak of?

Some guy on Toontastic was cranking up the Boys & Girls in America hype on around Sep 12 2006, 03:41 PM.

What the fruck is the TT??  The CD's been out 2 weeks, what is this scoop you speak of?

Some guy on Toontastic was cranking up the Boys & Girls in America hype on around Sep 12 2006, 03:41 PM.

Any chance you could be a little more specific, seems a little vague to me  :lol:

Guest Verlaine

Any chance you could be a little more specific, seems a little vague to me  :lol:

:winking:  :cool:

That's pootastic, I'll let Craig Finn know next weekend.  :thup:

:lol:

Found it quite entertaining me'self.  :winking:

Chez mate, when you were in Toronto did you hit up any of the local record shops? 

There's one on Queen St. West called Rotate This.  That bloke pales in comparison

to thier employees.  Music elitist scum.  tongue.gif

Bonkers, when i was in Toronto i did manage to get to a music shop on queen st west where i picked up a Talking Heads DVD from one of snobbiest musos i'd ever met. In the local lingo, we were in this very chilled out and friendly 'patio' and there was shop right next door that was upstairs. In the middle of our session, my genial host took me in there. We'd just had a massive argument about Pearl Jam during which i had claimed that Talking Heads were the greatest band in the world.  :lol:

I got an email from him (Brendan) the other day threatening me with a visit to europe and taunting me that he still had my dvd...  :(

Guest Verlaine

Verlaine =

:winking:

Nice.

it's a funny sketch, but not so accurate for me. I like to share my musical taste and I love when people connect with stuff I like too. I've never stopped liking bands for being popular; by the same turn, I've never liked a band simply because they're obscure or cool. But it's a pretty funny sketch.

Nice.

it's a funny sketch, but not so accurate for me. I like to share my musical taste and I love when people connect with stuff I like too. I've never stopped liking bands for being popular; by the same turn, I've never liked a band simply because they're obscure or cool. But it's a pretty funny sketch.

:thup:

Nothing better tbh.

Verlaine =

:winking:

Nice.

I was just havin' you on, mate.  You did come off as way too dorky with the TT comment though.  :thup: :)

Bonkers, when i was in Toronto i did manage to get to a music shop on queen st west where i picked up a Talking Heads DVD from one of snobbiest musos i'd ever met. In the local lingo, we were in this very chilled out and friendly 'patio' and there was shop right next door that was upstairs. In the middle of our session, my genial host took me in there. We'd just had a massive argument about Pearl Jam during which i had claimed that Talking Heads were the greatest band in the world.  :lol:

I got an email from him (Brendan) the other day threatening me with a visit to europe and taunting me that he still had my dvd...  :(

Remember the name per-chance?  Of the record shop? Oh christ, the Pearl Jam argument.  Yeeeee-ikees.

That bastard, he kept your DVD!!  Where's he live, in High Park here?  I'll kick his bloody door in, mate.  :)

Saw Craig Finn and the lads last night here at The Horseshoe.  Album sounds as good live as it

does recorded, then again, Lifter Puller were a great live band.  Anyhoo, be sure to catch them

if they stroll through the north of England sometime in the near future.