Waterworld

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think it was cause it was supposed to be a major success.  When really it's just an average film.

Stop making cool new threads, and bloody answer the Bourne Identity one.

blueyes.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

***SPOILERS****

Wikipedia: Cut scenes from extended edition

A Hydro Addict is trying to trade his hair for fresh Hydro. There are other people banging on the gates trying to get into the Atoll.

After the Mariner's capture at the Atoll, the inhabitants of the Atoll examine his belongings. Among them they find a Thighmaster, which they think is a torture device, a yo-yo, which they believe is an assassin's weapon used to strangle people, and a clarinet, which they think is used as a spy's listening device. This is also where the Atoll decides to dump the Mariner into the Recycling Pit.

A scene that explains where exactly the Mariner got the jetski he uses to reach the Deacon's ship to rescue Enola. The survivors of the Atoll massacre are ambushed by 2 of the Deacon's men on jetskis, the Mariner kills both men and takes their weapons and one jetski.

A scene that shows how Gregor managed to find Helen and the Mariner after their boat was burned down.

At least 10 minutes worth of new scenes that further detail life aboard the Deacon's ship, including how they obtain their cigarettes and other equipment.

A scene that reveals that the two skeletons found in the shack near the end of the movie are indeed the girl's parents instead of just letting the audience guess it.

Scenes that show the Mariner building the new boat he uses to leave the island at the end of the movie.

The Mariner is also given a name by Helen.

We see Helen and Enola standing atop the cliff watching the Mariner depart before the films end credits. As they are standing there they uncover a plaque which tells us that they are at the peak of Mt. Everest

pretty fucking crucial that last one eh?

So the tattoo on the girls back (IIRC) was a map for the peak of everest as its the only bit of land that wasn't covered?

Hmmm, does finish the film off in better light, cant understand why they left that out.

Guest Invicta_Toon

reading on, it seems the girls parents are the skeletons in the sahck atop Everest, and they knew they were dying so tattood their daughter to find her way back if she survived being floated away

I saw this donkeys years ago at the flicks and afterwards couldnt really get all the negative reviews it got. Was a pretty decent (if daft) watch.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm going slightly against it because of all the junk science in it.

I always find it hard to suspend my sense of reality to go along with the fantasy

• 2 years later...

So the tattoo on the girls back (IIRC) was a map for the peak of everest as its the only bit of land that wasn't covered?

Hmmm, does finish the film off in better light, cant understand why they left that out.

QFT

Sounds like they had a great ending there, but decided to go with the shit one instead... sure why not I guess ???

Yeah, like the whole idea of the movie.

Its a movie i have watched more the alot of other good movies.

"The green mile" is another huge favourite, all the Austin Powers and Ace Ventura movies.

Waterworld is a good movie imo

I should add that i like to fish and have general interest in water, feel free when im in the water, weightless

In a Troy McClure way?

"The green mile" is another huge favourite, all the Austin Powers and Ace Ventura movies.

I should add that i like to fish and have general interest in water, feel free when im in the water, weightless

In a Troy McClure way?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,41945.msg1609492.html#msg1609492

So you think your a Kevin Costner type with shabby clothes and fish gills?

Seriously man, its a gash film but like you said, you like it.  :aww:

Guest diddimz

Supposedly got bad reviews but most that I've spoken to about it seem to have enjoyed, I thought it was good, nothing great, but well worth hiring out to watch