Fruit machines, gamblers, 'bandits'

Guest thompers

Guest thompers

Etc etc. Anybody an avid player? I think I've started overdoing it on them. I don't play them anymore, but when I'm pissed I find myself slamming pound coins in for fun. I think it's an addiction :(

Etc etc. Anybody an avid player? I think I've started overdoing it on them. I don't play them anymore, but when I'm pissed I find myself slamming pound coins in for fun. I think it's an addiction :(

I used to be properly addicted to fruit machines, so bad at one point i would make excuses when round my girlfriends to "go to the shop" and would stop by the pub on the way to chuck a few quid in.

I went through a phase of hardly playing them but now whenver i go to the pub I chuck a pound or ten in.

Need to stop again!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Used to be a hardcore fruity player

contrary to most dimwits, it's not gambling, 90% of the outcome is already decided. You can win, and I was actually making a few bob, however, you had to spend anywhere from 10mins to 2 hours in the pub everyday, which had a knock on effect on profits. Also on days when it was totally obvious within 10 mins there was no money to be had, I couldn't resist not playing for the hell of it, which is also bad for profits. I finally gave up because they change the machines so often. You have to go through a costly learning process for each new machine, and I wasn't getting into pubs regularly enough for it to be worth it. Nothing worse than forgetting how to play a machine you used to know. I never felt extreme enough about it to spend my days going from pub to pub 'working', being stared at by the locals, but there are people out there who do it, and make a tidy sum

Guest thompers

I've had some good days like winning over £100 but I've had stinkers of days losing anything up to £50. Like I say, I've got the willpower but only when I'm sober, but they happen to be so strategically placed into your local  pub, where of course you get pissed...

I know a couple of people that do it for a living and know how to "force" machines.

Problem is the pub I go to at lunchtimes has about 4 machines and they often change them so a new one comes in and you think "ah this is new, will stick a quid in to see what its like"

Im not even sure its the thrill of the gamble or just the fun of playing the thing but its a costly game when you don't know how the things work in the depths Invicta was talking about!

Guest thompers

I like to 'hawk' people. As in watch how the machine is playing and how much they lose, then pounce as soon as they leave it unattended!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Summat a lot of people don't realise Vic. Some of these blokes can just look at a machine from across a room and divine if it is ready to pay out.

I found that pretty unreliable, you start to headfuck yourself

much better was to put a few quid in yourself to see. If you were good enough you always made more back in the long run i.e. a week. Odds are against you though if you're pissed, don't know the machine, and don't have the willpower to stop playing when you know you should (in my case). The game element is a very powerfull thing

Guest thompers

I know a couple of people that do it for a living and know how to "force" machines.

Problem is the pub I go to at lunchtimes has about 4 machines and they often change them so a new one comes in and you think "ah this is new, will stick a quid in to see what its like"

Im not even sure its the thrill of the gamble or just the fun of playing the thing but its a costly game when you don't know how the things work in the depths Invicta was talking about!

I know how to 'force machines'. The problem is knowing how to force each one. Sometimes it's better to collect nothing until it inevitably gives a jackpot, but sometimes it's knowing when the machine is about to kill you, and taking lots of small wins accordingly. Me and my mate were "quid halfs" on a machine last weekend and didn't take a single win above a tenner but managed to build up to £80 before it started automatically spitting all the quids out (even though we hadn't finished playing :()

I like to 'hawk' people. As in watch how the machine is playing and how much they lose, then pounce as soon as they leave it unattended!

Aye done that before "he just stuck a £10 in and got nothing, must pay something out soon"

Worse thing is, I will put in say £7 and win £19 but instead of doing the sensible thing and walking away I will convince myself its on the pay-out and keep going back to £0, loser  :lol:

Guest thompers

Aye done that before "he just stuck a £10 in and got nothing, must pay something out soon"

Worse thing is, I will put in say £7 and win £19 but instead of doing the sensible thing and walking away I will convince myself its on the pay-out and keep going back to £0, loser  :lol:

:lol: I call that the "weening it back off you slowly" phase. Where for every £4 you put in you get offered a £3 win and it slowly decreases your stake until...

Guest Invicta_Toon

doesn't work like that. A machine on the take can stay like that for a couple of days tbh

Guest thompers

doesn't work like that. A machine on the take can stay like that for a couple of days tbh

Depends which machine. For example, All Fired Up, Shark Raving Mad, Supernova (all basically the same machine) and other clones you can easily know if it's going to jackpot. They are known as 'progressive' payers, so if you see someone on the superboard that has like a tenner or £15, and they get fucked off, you can be sure that if you go over with an intention to jackpot that you WILL get it.

:lol: I call that the "weening it back off you slowly" phase. Where for every £4 you put in you get offered a £3 win and it slowly decreases your stake until...

Yeah, the worst thing is by the time you realise it is happening you are in the "just need to win xxx back to come out even then leave it" doesn't happen  :lol: or it does and then you get a little confident again and move from coming out even to making a profit again the bam! all gone  bluelaugh.gif

Guest thompers

Yeah, the worst thing is by the time you realise it is happening you are in the "just need to win xxx back to come out even then leave it" doesn't happen  :lol: or it does and then you get a little confident again and move from coming out even to making a profit again the bam! all gone  bluelaugh.gif

Or it'll give you your stake back + about 4 quid. So you say "I'll put this 4 quid in then walk away evens". Then you put your £4 in, and don't get on the board, but the problem is, it's now "due a board", so you have to play on :(

Guest Invicta_Toon

my system was quite simple, £2 in for each machine, no payouts walk away. If it pays, £3 onto the front of the m/c. Play that £3, net profits over £3 go in the back pocket, replenishing the £3 on the front each time, if you deplete the £3, i.e. 3 quids in with no return you walk away

brillian system, but relied on willpower and knowing how to properly play the machine. And like I said, even in a pub with 4 machines, you might be done in 10 minutes, which is pretty hard to walk away from

There are emulated version of these things available for your PC these days. No winning and losing, allows you to take risks but I guess you could set the payout levels correctly and learn the machines from the emulated versions.

Used to be fucking awful on them when I was working in the pub.  Now I'm earning a decent amount I'm nowhere near as bad.  Guess it's cos I'm not as gutted if I lose a tenner and I can just walk away instead of ploughing £30 in desperately trying to break even.  Still play em mind, especially when I'm pissed or with one of my mates who's still an avid player and I'll go halfers with him, which is usually a laugh more than anything else.  Had a stormer about 3 weeks ago where we took a jacky or two from each machine in the pub, ended up about £140 up between us.  Which was nice.

They're not called bandits for nothing mind.

I used to be really heavily addicted when I was about... 8.

We lived in a pub, and until they started going to 25p a play, I was hooked for most of my childhood. I was fucking good though tbh, especially when I'd go to other pubs with my dad, be telling him what to press and clean theirs out, I'd get a few funny looks.

Never played them for years though, too expensive now, a fiver has to go in before you have any chance of anything back. I stick to the itBox these days.

There's a guy at college, I say guy, he's 17, but he's obsessed with them.  Blew about £400 of his student loan on them, we ask him why, "Ah, man, I just love the puggies man".  I felt like punching him, fucking imbecile.

Our OZtralian firnds call them "pokies" -

I was quite perturbed the first time I saw the sign "Free Pokies if you buy  a meal" outside a rural pub the first time I went............................................    :shok: :shok: :shok:

There's a guy at college, I say guy, he's 17, but he's obsessed with them.  Blew about £400 of his student loan on them, we ask him why, "Ah, man, I just love the puggies man".  I felt like punching him, ****ing imbecile.

How has he got a student loan if he's 17?

I love gambling, but I've never put any money in a bandit. I just stick to roulette and poker. I'm going to the betting shop now to play smoe video roulette.

Guest makemeacupoftea

There's a guy at college, I say guy, he's 17, but he's obsessed with them.  Blew about £400 of his student loan on them, we ask him why, "Ah, man, I just love the puggies man".  I felt like punching him, ****ing imbecile.

How has he got a student loan if he's 17?

I love gambling, but I've never put any money in a bandit. I just stick to roulette and poker. I'm going to the betting shop now to play smoe video roulette.

My mate and me play the video roulette in the bookies

he thinks that there is patterns on the machine....?

Do you agree?

I just think that its just random how patterns occurr