What are the odds.....?

sempuki

Of us going for Beckham as a trophy signing rather than the defenders and forward(s) we need in January?:

Becks reveals Real frustration

By Alex Livie -  Created on 22 Oct 2006

David Beckham has spoken of his frustration at being relegated to the bench at Real Madrid.

The former England captain has been a cornerstone of the Real team for three seasons, but he has slipped down the pecking order this term under new coach Fabio Capello.

He started last week's loss to Getafe, but was once again on the bench for the UEFA Champions League win over Steaua Bucharest and the 31-year-old is unhappy with his lot in the Spanish capital.

"Every day I feel sad and very frustrated as a footballer because I am not playing for my country or for my club," Beckham told the Mail on Sunday.

Beckham is in talks over a new deal with Real, but he may well wait to consider his options before committing his future to the club.

"Two more years on the bench would be very difficult," he declared. "At the moment it is very difficult for me not playing.

"I am not even thinking about retiring. When my heart and legs give in then that will be the time, but that is not the case now."

Real take on Barcelona on Sunday, live on Sky Sports, and Beckham will be hoping for the chance to impress at El Santiago Bernabeu.

Guest Darth Toon

Seems made for a Freddy Shepherd special.

Absolutely - especially if the fans are getting on his back.

Fortunately, I don't think there's even a slight chance of Beckham agreeing to come and play for us.

I can see it happening.

The only way Beckham will get back into the England team is if he comes back to England and does it in front of the public.

Chelsea, Manu, Liverpool & Arsenal are all too big for him, and the clubs don't need him or his media attention.

Newcastle & Spurs are the two teams i reckon will go for him in January, because if he doesn't move then, England is all over for Beckham.

Not getting in the Real team is pushing him closer to a return to England, if we go for him, he'll be a flop, is Spurs do, he'll be a success and playing in the qualifiers in no time.

loving the fact you think we have any money

bluelaugh.gif

Beckham would cost £5m max at his age etc...FS knows he'll make that money back from Asia within the year (Real made £20m off Beckham in his 1st season)

• 4 years later...