messenger service!!!

Guest paddy

i keep getting these popp up on my screen! asking to run a scan from sites ike www.pcfixusa.com, now i know these must be bollocks can anyone tell me how to get rid off them. cheers

When you say "pop-ups" do you mean traditional internet pop-ups, or do you mean the windows messenger service, which appears something like the one below:

http://www.viruslist.com/en/imagesen/pictures/vlweblog-161105145.png

Well I wouldn't touch Norton it's more a systyem drain that most of the spyware you can get on your computer and can cause problems with other things loading. Never heard of spyware doctor but I would stick with the AVG for anti virus, the ad aware and seek and destroy to get rid of spyware. The use hijackthis to make sure there is nothing still lurking on my PC. Oh and Zonealarm for firewall. Best of all, it's all free.

thats the shit andy!! pops up everyt 10 sodding minutes

Ah, that's easy enough sorted then:

Go to start --> run, type in "services.msc", double click on the service named "messenger". In the window that pops up, click on the drop down box next to the words "start-up type", and change it to "disabled". Then, click the "stop" button, then "apply" then "okay".

Done.