When Will We Learn

Guest Lee-Mus

Guest Lee-Mus

To appoint a proven manager.

Souness = Massive mistake

Roeder = Good job as care-taker manager, not good enough as full time manager.

Surely there was someone out there who wanted the job, and would have brought in players who we needed.

Come on Freddy for once in your life sort it out instead of making matters worse

As someone said last week...

Roeder earned the right to have a go at the proper job, and now he's lost it. Out, please. At least we might get a new honey moon period then.

The proven thing isn't the issue, the problem is swinging wildly each time to combat the failings of the last manager with no real plan.

See:

Keegan -> Dalglish

Dalglish -> Gullit

Gullit -> Robson

Robson -> Souness

etc

Guest Canny_Fettle

I think the bigger issue now is that no decent manager worth his salt will now look at this job - the chickens have finally come home to roast after 10 years of gross mis-management of this once great club by the gruesome twosome  bluesigh.gif

I think the bigger issue now is that no decent manager worth his salt will now look at this job - the chickens have finally come home to roast after 10 years of gross mis-management of this once great club by the gruesome twosome  bluesigh.gif

there are stacks of people who would take the job. They may not be the calibre we want, but they would queue up to take it.

The only downside of the job as MUFC manager is your boss. Everything else is perfect, the opportuniyu of being the man who succeeds would attract anyone with ambition.

Guest Invicta_Toon

there are stacks of people who would take the job. They may not be the calibre we want, but they would queue up to take it.

The only downside of the job as MUFC manager is your boss. Everything else is perfect, the opportuniyu of being the man who succeeds would attract anyone with ambition.

It only attracts the people with nothing to lose. i.e. Soumess and Roeder. They sit there and think fuck it, how hard could it be? And there'll be a massive compo package when the fans get fed up after 20 games too, which should set me up for retirement.

Guest Lee-Mus

If Shepherd is gonna sack him he needs to do it now, so a new boss could save what is looking like yet another rubbish season.  And do it before the transfer window opens

I think we are on the way down and nothing can save us, turning into a mid table club

'on the way'....

is it still 2003 in your house? bluewink.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

When will we learn that the most important member of staff at a football club as regards getting results is the manager?  I'd take Wenger over Henry/ Fabregas/ Toure any day, Mourinho over Lampard/ Essien/ Drogba, Capello over Cannavaro/ van Nistelrooy/ Diarra any day.

Wenger couldn't get this shower of shite past mid-table

When will we learn that the most important member of staff at a football club as regards getting results is the manager?  I'd take Wenger over Henry/ Fabregas/ Toure any day, Mourinho over Lampard/ Essien/ Drogba, Capello over Cannavaro/ van Nistelrooy/ Diarra any day.

Wenger couldn't get this shower of shite past mid-table

I disagree but, even if he couldn't, he'd be able to build his own squad over time.

At the moment, our situation reminds me a lot of the Souness period. The spirit we had under Roeder during the spring season is completely gone, we can't score on even the biggest chances and our defense is a complete joke. Not that many year ago, we had ambitions of playing in the Champions League every season, now we are more than satisfied with a top 10 place. It's like FF doesn't give a flying **** anymore and Roeder just can't see his own mistakes. As long as FF is the chairman, I don't see a way out of this.

• 4 years later...
Guest Tall Striker

To appoint a proven manager.

Souness = Massive mistake

Roeder = Good job as care-taker manager, not good enough as full time manager.

Surely there was someone out there who wanted the job, and would have brought in players who we needed.

Come on Freddy for once in your life sort it out instead of making matters worse

Found this on the back page. Some things never change.