Positives?

Guest BooBoo

Can anybody think of anything positive to take from Newcastle United at this moment in time?

I'm really struggling. The whole club is rotten at the moment.

We have an incompetent oaf as chairman and an ineffectual Mr Nice in the managers chair. He's ably supported by Terry McDermott and Lee Clark. Why should anybody expect progress to be made with these three organising the side?

The playing staff have undoubted talent but have either given up, are woefully underperforming (Duff, Milner, NZogbia, Martins, Emre) or are simply not good enough (Ramage, Taylor, Carr, Shola). The talent we do have is mainly currently injured (ie Given and Owen) leaving only Scott Parker trying to carry a dismal side. No wonder he always looks knackered.

The squad is thin and we seem to have a collection of incredibly average youngsters, a lot of whom will never get anywhere near the Premier League.

Sorry for the depressing post, but its very infuraiting, especially when you look at Aston Villa. One good managerial appointment can turn a club on its head. Similarily a bad one can sink it. Shepherd sunk this club in the autumn of 2004 when in his wisdom, he appointed Graeme Souness.

I never thought i'd say this again but at this moment in time, i would love to see Kevin Keegan back. If only maybe to work alongside Roeder. If nothing else he would at least spark a little bit of interest and life back into the club because at the moment we are on a life support machine.

Can anybody think of anything positive to take from Newcastle United at this moment in time?

I'm really struggling. The whole club is rotten at the moment.

We have an incompetent oaf as chairman and an ineffectual Mr Nice in the managers chair. He's ably supported by Terry McDermott and Lee Clark. Why should anybody expect progress to be made with these three organising the side?

The playing staff have undoubted talent but have either given up, are woefully underperforming (Duff, Milner, NZogbia, Martins, Emre) or are simply not good enough (Ramage, Taylor, Carr, Shola). The talent we do have is mainly currently injured (ie Given and Owen) leaving only Scott Parker trying to carry a dismal side. No wonder he always looks knackered.

The squad is thin and we seem to have a collection of incredibly average youngsters, a lot of whom will never get anywhere near the Premier League.

Sorry for the depressing post, but its very infuraiting, especially when you look at Aston Villa. One good managerial appointment can turn a club on its head. Similarily a bad one can sink it. Shepherd sunk this club in the autumn of 2004 when in his wisdom, he appointed Graeme Souness.

I never thought i'd say this again but at this moment in time, i would love to see Kevin Keegan back. If only maybe to work alongside Roeder. If nothing else he would at least spark a little bit of interest and life back into the club because at the moment we are on a life support machine.

Bit harsh on Taylor as i think he can come good for us given time and played well today. The positives i guess were our first half performance where we totally dominated and created glorious opportunities for Sibierski and Martins

positives:

1) I never went to the game.

2) The manager might get sacked soon.

3) The chairman may be bought out sometime in the future.

We need to put in a good performance against Portsmouth.  Even if we lose, it would be dreadful if they were all over us and win by several goals.  Our next two league games are against teams lower than us.  We could have top 6 clubs to play against.  If Roeder still has all or the majority of the players backing him, they should show that in the next 3 games.

The new face, Pearson may have ideas that work. 

My personal reasons for optimism.

1) The takeover rumours seem to be gathering pace.  2) Rumours say we are selling Bramble!  3) Also say we are getting Baines. 4) Roeder is still better than Souness and might actually be bothered by how crap we are.  5) Always the possibility of an unlikely cup run, even if the league campaign looks to be a midtable write-off or worse.

Guest The Fox

We need to put in a good performance against Portsmouth. Even if we lose, it would be dreadful if they were all over us and win by several goals. Our next two league games are against teams lower than us. We could have top 6 clubs to play against. If Roeder still has all or the majority of the players backing him, they should show that in the next 3 games.

The new face, Pearson may have ideas that work.

Sure we may get something out of the next couple of league games, but Pearson or not we are not going to sustain any sort of run.

Of course Roeder will be backed by the players, he picks them. Half of them know with anyone else in charge they would be out. 

So much doom and gloom, I cannot argue with any of it.    Who might replace Roeder is as much a concern as Roeder himself.  Players need to play for themselves not the manager.  They have had an easy ride and it is time it ended. 

We havent been playing THAT badly, we have only lost games cos of mistakes, if we cut them out we would have 9 more points and everything would be rosy..

• 7 years later...

Very few positives to take from anything. I don't have confidence in us to win any game, and I despise the manager for what he's managed to do in just a few months.

The club is absolutely rotten.

I am positive we have a decent'ish squad and that a better manager would do so much better with them!

Bugger all has changed has it. :lol:

Very few positives to take from anything. I don't have confidence in us to win any game, and I despise the manager for what he's managed to do in just a few months.

The club is absolutely rotten.

I am positive we have a decent'ish squad and that a better manager would do so much better with them!

Bugger all has changed has it. :lol:

Just change some of the names.

Guest neesy111

We havent been playing THAT badly, we have only lost games cos of mistakes, if we cut them out we would have 9 more points and everything would be rosy..

:yao:

2015 -

2005 - Owen

1996 - Shearer

1984 - Keegan

1975 - Macdonald

1965 - Robson

1955 - FA Cup

1945 - Milburn

1936 - Stubbins

1925 - Gallacher

Roughly every 10 years we have something to be happy about. If Pardew somehow gets sacked it'd definitely count.

Owen?

Singing one of the best strikers in the world for a club record fee is smile worthy. The stuff after...not so much.

Yeah I suppose, I just wanted Anelka and Boa Morte* for almost half as much (including Luque).

*Okay but he would have still been more useful than Luque!