News filters through that Parky is backing Curbishley to save the Toon.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most and best realistic manager we can get IMO, he made Chalrton a well established club in the Premiership, i said as soon as he left Charlton will struggle. He made Charlton hard to beat at home although they always got the odd tonking against the big teams who doesn't. With signings like Holland, Ambrose Bent etc he likes to go British/Irish which i think is always a good thing. If Freddie is smart he should be having contacts with him already but some how i doubt it.

Talking shit while Rome burns tbh. :)

Why wouldn't you want him apart from the fact that you think one of our most gifted coaches (in your opinion) spent too long at one club. I happen to think that kind of loyalty is an asset and a sign of his dedication and need to get a job done. Which he did. That is why the FA interviewed him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Most and best realistic manager we can get IMO, he made Chalrton a well established club in the Premiership, i said as soon as he left Charlton will struggle. He made Charlton hard to beat at home although they always got the odd tonking against the big teams who doesn't. With signings like Holland, Ambrose Bent etc he likes to go British/Irish which i think is always a good thing. If Freddie is smart he should be having contacts with him already but some how i doubt it.

more like if Freddie was unbelievably cuntish tbh. He's just approved Glen's #2 FFS

"Every single top manager - whether it be Mourinho, Ferguson or whoever - has had to go through the transition that you're talking about there. There's no guarantees, but there's no better indication of a person's ability to handle a big club than their ability to handle a smaller club beforehand."

Bobyule.

Saved you a post Bobby. bluebigrazz.gif

I like Curbishley, but I can't see him linking up with the present regime. He had a very good relationship with the Chairman at Charlton, and was given a free hand to shape the club according to his own views. Fred likes to be involved in the football side too much.

I could see Curbishley getting involved with new owners though, like O'Neill at the Villa. He's a man who would think to the long-term and want to give things an overhaul from top to bottom.

I've heard it said that there's a lack of good British managerial talent at the moment, but I don't agree. Curbishley is one of several - including Moyes, Coleman, Jewell, Hughes - who could do a good job for us. O'Neill was my first choice, but that opportunity has well and truly gone.

I feel sorry for Roeder, who in the circumstances has done a good job since taking over. But he hasn't the power base within the club to make the impact that is needed.

"I feel sorry for Roeder, who in the circumstances has done a good job since taking over. But he hasn't the power base within the club to make the impact that is needed." Bobby

Agree. With the honeymoon well and truly over, this summer was the rubicon for Glen and we all waited to see how he would shape the side. He has failed to strengthen the key areas (apart from the fact we needed another striker). And he doesn't have the ideation or vision to make the next step.

Scolari would have been ideal if he wasn't tied down till 2008.

second best manager in the world, after mourinho, imo. never coming here though

:shok:

It would be very generous to rate Mourinho as the best manager in the world, he struggles to make the top 2 in the Premiership.

Guest thompers

It would be very generous to rate Mourinho as the best manager in the world, he struggles to make the top 2 in the Premiership.

That's strange, I thought he'd done nothing other than win it since he came to England?

That's strange, I thought he'd done nothing other than win it since he came to England?

I meant i struggle to rate him above Wenger or Ferguson.

Both of them (and arguably Benitez too), given the same budget, would have easily matched Mourinho's achievments over the last few seasons.. if not surpassed them.

I'm going to throw another name into the frame later when a writer gets around to proofreading the second half of my article. Keep your eyes peeled onthe main site.

of the four on the poll, Ranieri is my favourite.

Guest thompers

Sven won Serie A with Lazio having spent €100m Euro's on the side.

Great, if we'd got him in instead of Roeder and Souness, we probably could have bought the title.

"After a trophyless two years at Fiorentina, Eriksson moved back to Benfica for a second stint in 1989, where he led the team to the final of the European Cup (losing to AC Milan 1-0) in 1990, and another League title in 1991. In 1992 Eriksson returned to Italy to try his luck again, with Sampdoria, but he only managed another Coppa Italia in 1994.

Eriksson finally found major success in Italy when he joined Lazio in 1997 (after controversially reneging on a deal to join English club Blackburn Rovers); with Lazio he won the Coppa Italia in 1998 and 2000, the European Cup Winners' Cup (1999 - the very last tournament), and the Serie A title (the Scudetto) in 2000 — only the second time that the Roman club had won the Italian championship in their history."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Göran_Eriksson

Sven's club record:

1976: Degerfors (Assistant Coach)

1977-78: Degerfors (Coach)

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg

Swedish Cup Winners 1979

Swedish League Champions 1981

Swedish League Champions 1982

UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica

Portuguese League Champions 1983

Portuguese League Champions 1984