PROTEST OUTSIDE ST.JAMES ON SATURDAY 4TH NOVEMBER

stozo

Bump

Why the need to bump a thread that was posted in less than a minute before?

The post a minute before was made while, I was posting, sorry.

Any chance this could get stickied so as many people see it as possible.

Bump

Why the need to bump a thread that was posted in less than a minute before?

The post a minute before was made while, I was posting, sorry.

Any chance this could get stickied so as many people see it as possible.

More likely to be noticed if it doesn't get stickied to be honest.

Also to be honest, nothing is happenning with this protest, there is no organisation, no common agreement, nothing. At the moment, it is just an incoherent rabble doing their own thing that is bound to get unnoticed, unheard, and easily brushed under the carpet.

I definitely would be up for it IF i knew it was going to be worthwhile with a good couple of hundred being there. Where will it be staged?

I was thinking outside the old ticket office. Lots of people walk through there so hopefully that will help add to the numbers.

A lot of people who go on Wednesday are gonna be charvas who havent got a fuckin clue really. If something is gonna be done, it needs to be a league match where you've got 45,000 season ticket holders absolutely sick of the pie man who want him out.

Guest The Fox

I dont think the team should be immune from criticism, they are under performing,although they are not that good anyway.

Dont see a small protest working. A couple of wins against inferior opposition and the pro Roeder/Shepherd brigade will be back on saying we have turned the corner.

Just dont go in the stadium protest outside the ground while the match is on on Wednesday.

Think that sends the wrong message to be honest. If we go in the ground it shows we are behind the team but against Fat Fred.

Probably shows to Freddy that if he sits it out and buys another big name player then he'll get the fans off his back. If however everyone stays outside then money is not going into the club. Money is the only thing FF will listen to.

What does my tits in is i've went on for ages about how FF is our problem, but i've got mates who are season ticket holders who always come out with the "its not his fault, he always backs him manangers". What a crock of shit.

100% agree, heard that this afternoon off a lad at work.

Is there not cash turnstiles open on Wednesday? Why don't we all meet in one of the corners and protest from there.

I'm up for trying to get rid of this mismangement as long as it's not one man and his dog!

A Suggestion:

Put a target date for a protest a bit futher. In two weeks time or something. Trying to arrange a protest in such short notice will quarantee a miserable turnout. If you pick a date like the Shef Utd match on 4th November you'd have time to spread the word and maybe even do some banners and stuff.

I'm not really up to speed on the politics of all this but as an outsider looking in there seems to be a lot of talk about what you don't want - Shepherd in charge.  Easy to say what you're fighting against, not so easy to say what you're fighting for.  What are the alternatives?  Has anybody else put themselves forward for the chairman's post?  I can understand everybody's frustration but unless a credible alternative is on the table then all of this is rather pointless.

I agree that if we do not go in and protest outside its going to have a much biggere ffect on the team and thats not what we want.

Banners in the match reading.....

IF YOU DO LOVE THIS CLUB FRED THEN DO THE RIGHT THING, WALK AWAY!

From the response I'm getting I think it's better to push it back to the Sheffield United game.

The only problem is I can't get up for the Sheffield United game so someone else will have to arrange it properly.

From the response I'm getting I think it's better to push it back to the Sheffield United game.

The only problem is I can't get up for the Sheffield United game so someone else will have to arrange it properly.

Why not this weekend against Charlton on Sky PPV?

I personally believe "UNITED FOR CHANGE" would look great on banners.

The Sheffield United game is also on telly and it gives us more time to organize pourselves.

The Sheffield United game is also on telly and it gives us more time to organize pourselves.

:thup:

I'm not really up to speed on the politics of all this but as an outsider looking in there seems to be a lot of talk about what you don't want - Shepherd in charge.  Easy to say what you're fighting against, not so easy to say what you're fighting for.  What are the alternatives?  Has anybody else put themselves forward for the chairman's post?  I can understand everybody's frustration but unless a credible alternative is on the table then all of this is rather pointless.

There is atleast one consortium (Belgravia) that we know is extremely intrested in NUFC but nothing has came of it because Freddy wants a ridiculous amount for his stake in the club. There are rumours of other consortiums looking at us (The local millionaires and Polygon) but nowt firm. The only thing we can hope for is that the protests draw more intrest from potential backers and makes Fat Fred desperate to sell.

I don't buy into this "we've got to get inside the ground and support the team" shite. The reason Freddy has been able to feel so comfortable at the top of his perch over the years is because 52'000 have packed out the ground, rain or shine. Banners, flags and other assorted crap can only do so much but protests and low, low attendences will really make Freddy take notice.

This may sound daft but why don't you protest at both games in someway? If other fans who don't read the internet see it become a regular fixture then they'll follow suit.