Aaron Lennon or Shaun Wright Philips ?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes yes I know there is not much chance of us getting them but humour me. :D  :thup:

I was a big fan of SWP and out of the two he is probably the one we could maybe get, I think he will want away seeing as he is still not getting much football.

BUT Lennon is the one I would love to have here, if Milner is a decent young right winger then what does that make Lennon ? the kid is amazing and has such an impact on any game he plays in. Fast over the pitch, quick feet, good control, loves to  drive at fullbacks, decent shot, good vision and a good cross on him to.

I will be very suppriesed if Spurs manage to hold onto him for much longer.

Shaun Wright-Phillips is 10x the player Lennon will ever be. I know I'm not allowed to post links to youtube but just have a look on there for some of the goals he scored for City. Orgasmic. Lennon has a bit of pace to exite fans and worry defenses but where is the end product...? SWP was a 1 in 4 man here, what has Lennon got in his career? 3? Really I don't think there is one aspect of Lennon's game that I would rate higher than SWP's other than he's younger so will improve.

Classic case of youngster doing well within pissing distance of Fleet Street and getting hyped to fook. 

PS: Anyone who disagrees with me, go to youtube, search for "Wright-Phillips" and watch the first video on the list. The goal at Old Trafford in there....wow  :love:

Shaun Wright-Phillips is 10x the player Lennon will ever be. I know I'm not allowed to post links to youtube but just have a look on there for some of the goals he scored for City. Orgasmic. Lennon has a bit of pace to exite fans and worry defenses but where is the end product...? SWP was a 1 in 4 man here, what has Lennon got in his career? 3? Really I don't think there is one aspect of Lennon's game that I would rate higher than SWP's other than he's younger so will improve.

Classic case of youngster doing well within pissing distance of Fleet Street and getting hyped to fook. 

SWP is 25 this month, Lennon is still learning and is still 19 till next April.  The end product will come in due course.............. and a lot less than 6 years.  There have already been links with Spurs and SWP in the press, Lennon on the left and SWP on the right.  Maybe it will happen, maybe not.

Guest Imperio

Aaron Lennon has the biggest future ahead of him if he can sort out his end product as it seems to be non-existant at times. He's exciting when he gets on the ball but can't really do anything with it when he gets into a good position, very cliffhanger kind of player in that you really dont know what'll come next when he's skinned someone down the right flank.

Shaun Wright-Phillips would be the safer bet for us to buy, probably cheaper and he has a lot to prove after sitting on the bench for so long at Chelsea. He could change a game in the blink of an eye down the right which neither Milner or Solano are able to do as neither are as gifted with pace as SWP.

SWP is 25 this month, Lennon is still learning and is still 19 till next April.  The end product will come in due course.............. and a lot less than 6 years.  There have already been links with Spurs and SWP in the press, Lennon on the left and SWP on the right.  Maybe it will happen, maybe not.

I'm of the opinion that Lennon doesn't have it in his locker to reach the standards set by SWP when he was at City (Aged 21-23!). I don't think the raw skill factor is the same and I although they are of similar size they don't have the same frame...I can't see Lennon devoloping the same explosive power that let SWP thunder em in from all over the place

I'm of the opinion that Lennon doesn't have it in his locker to reach the standards set by SWP when he was at City (Aged 21-23!). I don't think the raw skill factor is the same and I although they are of similar size they don't have the same frame...I can't see Lennon devoloping the same explosive power that let SWP thunder em in from all over the place

You shouldn't be trying to convince me mate, talk to Mourinho.  He's the one with misgivings about SWP's ability if he's prepared to let him go for £9m.

You shouldn't be trying to convince me mate, talk to Mourinho.  He's the one with misgivings about SWP's ability if he's prepared to let him go for £9m.

Cheap at twice the price...

Wouldn't dispute that when he's on the top of his game and he'll never get back there while he's at Chelsea.  Arsenal would have been the obvious destination for him but I don't think they would be so keen to have him as they were a year or two ago.  I'd be delighted if Spurs signed him, he's a class act.  Just think you're underestimating Lennon's ability to live up to his potential.

Wouldn't dispute that when he's on the top of his game and he'll never get back there while he's at Chelsea.  Arsenal would have been the obvious destination for him but I don't think they would be so keen to have him as they were a year or two ago.  I'd be delighted if Spurs signed him, he's a class act.  Just think you're underestimating Lennon's ability to live up to his potential.

Maybe a little. But considering my boy has done f-all for himself over the past year I'll have to win this argument for him by belittling the other guy. Sorry. bluebiggrin.gif

Maybe a little. But considering my boy has done f-all for himself over the past year I'll have to win this argument for him by belittling the other guy. Sorry. bluebiggrin.gif

The reason he's done f-all is because he opted to take the money by agreeing the move to Chelsea.  When Arsenal bid £16m for him he should have gone.  Chelsea never wanted SWP, they just wanted to make sure Arsenal didn't get him.  His career has suffered as a result and he missed the plane to the World Cup as a result.  A SWP playing regularly would never have been behind Lennon in the pecking order at Lennon's current stage of development.

The reason he's done f-all is because he opted to take the money by agreeing the move to Chelsea.  When Arsenal bid £16m for him he should have gone.  Chelsea never wanted SWP, they just wanted to make sure Arsenal didn't get him.  His career has suffered as a result and he missed the plane to the World Cup as a result.  A SWP playing regularly would never have been behind Lennon in the pecking order at Lennon's current stage of development.

Not that simple tho....City would never have accepted £16m for him. Chelsea were the only people with the money to make us say Yes, his options were somewhat limited and I don't think its fair to say he was in it for the money.  He would have been great at Arsenal tho...that definelty would have been my preffered destination when the time came for him to go.

Wright-Phillips, if he was playing regularly he would be regarded a lot better than Lennon.

Also, we need a new Chelsea reject, why not get SWP and Bridge to join Parker and Duff.

SWP for me.

Wonder how much hype Lennon would get if he was at, say, Middlesbrough or Everton.

I've always kept tabs on him when he was at Leeds United tbh always struck me why he never started more games he did the season after they went down.