Star Wars

Finally caught up with Mando today. Must say I wasn't a fan of the first series, though it did get better towards the end. The second season though, especially the last four episodes were spectacular. Definitely Rogue One inspired final scene like.

I've just caught up as well. Honestly thought the two series were similar in that a big chunk of them was throwaway shite, albeit well done, that gets tied together well when it gets back on script.

Really enjoyed the last 3 EPs of S2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

really interesting how they've rolled back on the movies following RoS - next one expected is Rogue Squadron and that won't be until late 2023, 4 years after the last one

amazed they're not flogging the cash cow

Disney are greedy, but not stupid.

After the Solo and RoS disasters they will want to reset and re-group.  They also have like 8 different Star Wars series planned for Disney+ which the company is putting front and centre.

Edited by Pandamninator

1 hour ago, Pandamninator said:

Disney are greedy, but not stupid.

After the Solo and RoS disasters they will want to reset and re-group.  They also have like 8 different Star Wars series planned for Disney+ which the company is putting front and centre.

Wasn't that always the plan anyway? Pretty sure they've always said they'd be doing trilogies with gaps in the middle and using other guff to fill in the gaps.

Just now, Papavasiliou said:

Wasn't that always the plan anyway? Pretty sure they've always said they'd be doing trilogies with gaps in the middle and using other guff to fill in the gaps.

The last film was so bad it rocked them I think. Plus the reaction to Mando has been so positive. Whatever plans they had for more films definitely got adapted.

Just now, Si said:

Their last film had pretty universally positive feedback. You might not like them but they have far from killed it.

Theyre not far off  - any kind of film or series about super powers is met with a groan by me now. Its starting to get boring, repetitive, samey.

If Marvel arnt careful - the superpower theme will go the way of the Westerns. And might even damage future comic/graphic novel adaptations.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Theyre not far off  - any kind of film or series about super powers is met with a groan by me now. Its starting to get boring, repetitive, samey.

If Marvel arnt careful - the superpower theme will go the way of the Westerns. And might even damage future comic/graphic novel adaptations.

You're in a huge minority here though, people still absolutely love the Marvels, both critics and fans. It just became the highest grossing (inflation adjusted) Labour Day weekend film ever. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

You're in a huge minority here though, people still absolutely love the Marvels, both critics and fans. It just became the highest grossing (inflation adjusted) Labour Day weekend film ever. 

I probably am - I just feel the market is saturated.

• Rich changed the title to Star Wars
  • 1 month later...

I really enjoyed it, it looks ridiculous for TV but Disney definitely has s length problem :tobey: I get it must cost a fortune but 30 minutes come on man. Other than that ridiculously entitled complaint I enjoyed it. 15 year old me would have shit himself with joy for 30 minutes of this.

Can't wait for how all the shows connect.

Edited by Si