Star Wars

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Is something up with Ming Na's face? She looks different. 

That said, I think Mando set such a high bar that this is just not producing anything. The narrative doesn't mesh well with what we understood the character to be, even on a very surface level (I don't read the books or read much of the lore) and I haven't quite found the point of the show yet. 

They say it in the most recent episode it's just a question of if you buy it or not I guess.

Spoiler

The line about I found a tribe and being sick of being used by idiots for their gain. He wants to build something different to help people like him and give them something. The other thing is the amount of time he was in the Sarlac he was in there a while before escaping then with the sand people. His life choices led him the inside of a monster being slowly digested by its stomach acid then found a group of people who were murdered by paid criminals. So I guess he's trying something different.

I guess we're finished with the Bacta Tank dreams/flashbacks now that they have caught up to more or less where he came into the Mandalorian? And sure I heard it said he was now 'fully healed'.

Final 3 episodes concentrating on the war with The Pikes?

And perhaps including the rumoured...

Spoiler

Han Solo appearance?

12 hours ago, Si said:

They say it in the most recent episode it's just a question of if you buy it or not I guess.

Reveal hidden contents

The line about I found a tribe and being sick of being used by idiots for their gain. He wants to build something different to help people like him and give them something. The other thing is the amount of time he was in the Sarlac he was in there a while before escaping then with the sand people. His life choices led him the inside of a monster being slowly digested by its stomach acid then found a group of people who were murdered by paid criminals. So I guess he's trying something different.

Yeah, just not sure I buy it.

Spoiler

It might sound weird, but after watching the Mandalorian I assumed Bobba Fett was of the same religious devotion. The fact there's some old fella getting his arse handed to him, rarely wearing his helmet, just doesn't quite fit with the vibe I had for the character. The beauty of the Mandalorian was seeing someone so ruthless develop compassion for this little adorable fella. 

I don't necessarily need that same arc for Bobba Fett. Not sure I need the show in general, but my point is more, in an attempt to give it a point or a sense of humanity they've forced it to the stage where I don't feel an investment in the characters. 

The fact Mando was a totally new invention (unless I'm wrong) meant you could take him on that journey because he had no emotional cache with the audience. Bobba Fett does. He's a bad guy. The idea of turning him good like this feels like a Disney-fication of it that I don't really enjoy. 

I'd have been happy to just see him bounty huntering about killing folk but I appreciate that even that idea doesn't have a strong narrative thread. I've seen mention of the low budget which probably won't help, and would stop you doing a Game of Thrones type situation with Bobba as a central figure, but I think when you hang your show on one main character like this the story has to be good, and it isn't.

Just caught this weeks ep today. I don't get the hate too much other than a little briit unrealistic expectations. It's not earth shattering by any stretch but it's perfectly watchable and a sound addition. 

Reminds me of the Solo movie. It's a bit of a filler. Certainly no Mando but to be fair what would be the point. Just make more Mando!

Also think maybe there is a sting in the tale that will make Boba bitter again to contrast how mellow he has become. Tbf in the clone wars he had a soft side, just on a vengeance path for his dad. He was never a complete arsehole.