Star Wars

AfroP

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Friends bought me pizza and a star wars cake and watched the OT last night for my Birthday. It was awesome.

Stop it, please.

:lol:

• 3 months later...

I don't really get how Star Wars geeks have came about like, it isn't like theres a constant stream of new material coming out for it is there? Theres just 6 average movies, a few games and a few spin off animations or some shit.

I can understand comic nerds, there's loads of shit there to love.

I don't really get how Star Wars geeks have came about like, it isn't like theres a constant stream of new material coming out for it is there? Theres just 6 average movies, a few games and a few spin off animations or some s***.

I can understand comic nerds, there's loads of s*** there to love.

There IS a constant stream of Star Wars. There's an animated TV show which runs from October to March every year (which also had a film), there's a shit load of books released every year plus a few video games. Go into a Toy Shop and you'll still see Star Wars toys on the shelf.

I don't really get how Star Wars geeks have came about like, it isn't like theres a constant stream of new material coming out for it is there? Theres just 6 average movies, a few games and a few spin off animations or some s***.

I can understand comic nerds, there's loads of s*** there to love.

Type in Star Wars Expanded Universe. That'll fuck you up.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D tonight. Putting it in here because I'll be killed if I mention it in the film thread :lol:

I enjoyed it. The 3D is the way I think it should be done. Minimal but just enough to give the picture depth. As someone else said its more of a HD effect than a 3D. But fuck that. I just wanted to see the Wars on the big screen (been just over 6 and half years ffs).

The podrace is great (I focused in more on the sound this time actually. Star Wars NEEDS to be seen and heard on the big screen) but it was the little things that stood out for me like when Anakin fires up the pod in his back yard for the first time. The way all the parts moved never looked so real. Heck, I never even noticed the movement before. There were lots of nice nerdy details I picked out that I had never noticed before. I thought the special effects looked good and have held up well despite its age.

You'd be a fucking clown to go watch it if you didn't like the film in the first place :lol:

CGI and special effects have been updated, probably why they looked good for their age. :pow:

They're the same as what's on the bluray though and the only that changed on that was Yoda is now CG instead of that awful puppet :lol:

Of course, you could just be trying to wind me up :lol:

Went to see Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D tonight. Putting it in here because I'll be killed if I mention it in the film thread :lol:

I enjoyed it. The 3D is the way I think it should be done. Minimal but just enough to give the picture depth. As someone else said its more of a HD effect than a 3D. But fuck that. I just wanted to see the Wars on the big screen (been just over 6 and half years ffs).

The podrace is great (I focused in more on the sound this time actually. Star Wars NEEDS to be seen and heard on the big screen) but it was the little things that stood out for me like when Anakin fires up the pod in his back yard for the first time. The way all the parts moved never looked so real. Heck, I never even noticed the movement before. There were lots of nice nerdy details I picked out that I had never noticed before. I thought the special effects looked good and have held up well despite its age.

You'd be a fucking clown to go watch it if you didn't like the film in the first place :lol:

Going to the pitchas to see it this Tuesday.

CGI and special effects have been updated, probably why they looked good for their age. :pow:

They're the same as what's on the bluray though and the only that changed on that was Yoda is now CG instead of that awful puppet :lol:

Nar, IL&M have specced up certain shots for the 3D conversion due to, well, conversion issues. :lol: All in all not very noticeable, so in that respect it was a wind-up. But definiately improves things as a whole.

Nar, IL&M have specced up certain shots for the 3D conversion due to, well, conversion issues. :lol: All in all not very noticeable, so in that respect it was a wind-up. But definiately improves things as a whole.

I'd read an interview with John Knoll. Stuff like Holograms had to be touched up because of the conversion. I assume that's what you were on about.

Will probably watch the others now over the next few weeks. Very few (if any) Attack of the Clones figures coming out under hasbro's vintage collection this year so it looks like AOTC will get a release.