Games you're looking forward to

Dokko

Well, in anticipation of Neverwinter Nights 2, i thought I'd start a thread for all those waiting on a game.

With the passing of FM2007 i thought I'd find out what else were all counting the days too.

Well NWN2 (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/674/674385.html) is top of my list, such a fantastic game 1st time round, this will be better, i cannot wait.

I also like the look of Assassins Creed (http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/834/834724.html) which is a 360 game, and i'm actually considering buying one because of the previews i've seen of this game.

Dark Messiah (http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/736/736193.html) looks like another class title, 10GB of game, downloadable off Steam, but you can do it now, and it will activate at a certain time when its released.

Looks class, very much like Oblivion, which brings me nicely to an Oblivion expansion which should hit the stores sometime in the next few month (and i was about to part ex it as well)

While looking at Dark Messiah from Steam i saw a game called DEFCON, (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/740/740863p1.html) which looks canny, for £10, and with a score of 8.5 from IGN, and as high as maximum score from others, this looks like a little gem.

Plus welcome the return of Sam & Max (http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/739/739781p1.html) looks like there back with 3 more episodes to be released in the future and a strong developing team behind them all the way.

That's what am looking at for the future, how about you?

Yoshi's Island 2 on the DS is pretty exciting! Final Fantasy 3, pokemon diamond and Zelda will also sort out the lack of RPGs on the console.

I've kind of neglected my PC following disappointments with Serious Sam2 and FEAR, I'm not sure what to look forward to. Oblivion was great and the previews of Dark Messiah have looked decent enough.

Half life 2: episode two will definitely be awesome when it comes out though (I absolutely loved ep1).

I absolutely loved Neverwinter Nights. Spent countless hours over countless days over countless months playing it online - and I'm absolutely fucking gutted that my computer isn't good enough for me to able to play it while the online community is still alive.

I absolutely loved Neverwinter Nights. Spent countless hours over countless days over countless months playing it online - and I'm absolutely fucking gutted that my computer isn't good enough for me to able to play it while the online community is still alive.

What needs replacing in your computer?

Guest nufcandy

sorry aye.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/800/800327.html

just looks class, and im a fan of the series

Some fantastic looking screens there.

Not a fan of the whole strategy, too much going on at once, me brain cant keep track. Don't mind turn based though like the Civ series. (although looking further it looks quite civvy on some screens)

aye it is like but i just think that its quality, the battles are rock hard unless youve got dominating numbers :)

Its the graphics card. I bought a new one last year but the power supply wasn't powerful enough to run it. In the end I would have needed a new power supply, and a new case  on top of the cost of the card - The money just got a bit silly for me so I took it back and am now left with old one - Which is pretty shitty.

Its the graphics card. I bought a new one last year but the power supply wasn't powerful enough to run it. In the end I would have needed a new power supply, and a new case  on top of the cost of the card - The money just got a bit silly for me so I took it back and am now left with old one - Which is pretty shitty.

Bastard.

Cheap PSU?

You can get em real cheap, Q-Tec's, 600W for £15! Be warned though.

What you got at the moment?

PS: You can get an extra PSU which mounts into the 5" drive for GFX cards. 250W for about £25.

Could be a possibility.

Bastard.

Cheap PSU?

PS: You can get an extra PSU which mounts into the 5" drive for GFX cards. 250W for about £25.

Could be a possibility.

I got the computer from PC World back in about '03 - Its factory built to absolute bare minimum standards. The Graphics Card is an absolutely bottom of the line GeForce MX420 and the Power Supply is the absolute minimum to run that - I'm not sure but I think its 150w. I didn't have a clue about that when last christmas I bought a new card - memory serves it was a GeForce 6600. Obviously it wouldn't work properly with so little power - took it back to the shop and they said that if they were going to change the power supply I would need a bigger case to fit it in. Came to the realisation then that this thing has had its day when it comes to running the latest games and have pretty much given up. Last thing I got it to run was Civ 4. I'm not going to spend any more trying to creak the odd game out of it - it aint worth it.

I just hope that buy the time I get round to buying something kickass there'll still be someone around to get my inevitable Badger animal companion to attack  bluebiggrin.gif

The new Zelda, man! Howay!

Agreed, can't wait. Also, thank fuck someone corrected the thread title ;)

:banghead: :oops:

Am just fuking shit at the whole spelling & grammar thing, i shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard tbh.

Guest nufcandy

The new Zelda, man! Howay!

Agreed, can't wait. Also, thank **** someone corrected the thread title ;)

:banghead: :oops:

Am just fuking shit at the whole spelling & grammar thing, i shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard tbh.

i didnt even notice it tbh

Bastard.

Cheap PSU?

Could be a possibility.

I got the computer from PC World back in about '03 - Its factory built to absolute bare minimum standards. The Graphics Card is an absolutely bottom of the line GeForce MX420 and the Power Supply is the absolute minimum to run that - I'm not sure but I think its 150w. I didn't have a clue about that when last christmas I bought a new card - memory serves it was a GeForce 6600. Obviously it wouldn't work properly with so little power - took it back to the shop and they said that if they were going to change the power supply I would need a bigger case to fit it in. Came to the realisation then that this thing has had its day when it comes to running the latest games and have pretty much given up. Last thing I got it to run was Civ 4. I'm not going to spend any more trying to creak the odd game out of it - it aint worth it.

I just hope that buy the time I get round to buying something kickass there'll still be someone around to get my inevitable Badger animal companion to attack  bluebiggrin.gif

You can get some decent gaming latops these days.

Try Zepto, really good gear for the price.

http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=Configurator&configurationid=eCrZXG27GT

This baby has: nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics

Along with:

100271 15.4" WXGA+ Crystal clear (2425W)

120622 2.00 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo T7200 4MB

130121 2048MB (2x1024) DDR2 PC5300 - 667MHZ

140020 100GB 7200omdr. SATA Hitachi

150122 DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner (All)

260025 Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 54Mbit

200200 No operating system

170089 UK (United Kingdom) 2225/2425

250319 High Performance battery for 2x25W - 9 Cell

250202 AC Adapter UK plug all types

300200 12 months warr. (6 mths on battery); return to base, parts & labour

For less than £1000.

Spent a £1000 on this bugger here (for xmas 05 (desktop)), and really that would keep up, and maybe out perform it in places.

Bastard.

Cheap PSU?

Could be a possibility.

You can get some decent gaming latops these days.

Try Zepto, really good gear for the price.

http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=Configurator&configurationid=eCrZXG27GT

This baby has: nVidia Geforce Go 7600 256MB graphics

Along with:

100271 15.4" WXGA+ Crystal clear (2425W)

150122 DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner (All)

170089 UK (United Kingdom) 2225/2425

250319 High Performance battery for 2x25W - 9 Cell

For less than £1000.

Spent a £1000 on this bugger here (for xmas 05 (desktop)), and really that would keep up, and maybe out perform it in places.

Actually:

nVidia Geforce Go 7600 512MB graphics card

Zepto Znote 6314W - Coming soon! - Extreme

100283 14" WXGA Crystal Clear 1280x768 (6314W)

150121 DVD-RW Dual Layer Burner Slot-in (All)

270010 Built-in bluetooth

170101 UK (United Kingdom) 6x14 White

250324 6 Cell Standard Battery

Again less that £1000.

New thats good stuff.

I really want  :(