Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

I don't even see why the papers are rubbing their hands as if these nonsense stories would equal another round of "Crisis in toon!" stories anyway - someone comes along, buys the club, pays off the debts, sells up again and fucks off.  Jackpot, surely?

Have said before that Murdoch's outfits have it in for NUFC and have had since we ran MUFC so close for the title on 1996 - nearly all negative publicity comes from them and I feel this is linked to Murdoch having had shares in Man Ure ; he may feel he can take Man U over one day and although we are no threat to them at this time(and look unlikely to be one in the foreseeable future), the paranoia about NUFC as a potential threat to them, probably because of our crowd potential, seems to have remained.

Also, wouldn't rule out mischief-making from the previous regime, which would find a willing aid in Newscorp...

You're being paranoid now.

Everyone says so

Have said before that Murdoch's outfits have it in for NUFC and have had since we ran MUFC so close for the title on 1996 - nearly all negative publicity comes from them and I feel this is linked to Murdoch having had shares in Man Ure ; he may feel he can take Man U over one day and although we are no threat to them at this time(and look unlikely to be one in the foreseeable future), the paranoia about NUFC as a potential threat to them, probably because of our crowd potential, seems to have remained.

Also, wouldn't rule out mischief-making from the previous regime, which would find a willing aid in Newscorp...

You're being paranoid now.

Everyone says so

Everyone does ? Including the Sun & NOTW....!??

Chronicle:

Meanwhile, new Academy director Richard Money says that Mike Ashley’s vision for the future was enough to tempt him out of frontline management.

The ex-Walsall boss said: “The owners here are in it for the long haul.

“And it was the commitment of Mike Ashley here that made me come to the Academy.

“There aren’t any other jobs that could have tempted me out of management.

“But I was impressed by the owner’s belief in the development of young players locally and in Europe.”

Guest Robert 32

From the Evening Standard:

Ashley denied he has plans to sell Newcastle United, which he bought for £133m. 'That is not true. I would say that I am keen to have partners in Newcastle. That's a very expensive seat I sit in.' Rumours suggest he has held talks with Far East investors about bringing money into the club.

'I think I'll start with people from Newcastle not in some cave in Afghanistan,' he said.

From the Evening Standard:

Ashley denied he has plans to sell Newcastle United, which he bought for £133m. 'That is not true. I would say that I am keen to have partners in Newcastle. That's a very expensive seat I sit in.' Rumours suggest he has held talks with Far East investors about bringing money into the club.

'I think I'll start with people from Newcastle not in some cave in Afghanistan,' he said.

Now that's interesting - if he is unwilling to stump up mega-bucks for signings but otherwise we're quite happy with how things are being run then "partners" who do put money in could be the best of both worlds.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

some cave in afghanistan, its reasons like that which make me just think this mans fantastic

'Partners?' He needs to be careful. Look at how well the partnership at Liverpool has worked out.

He does need to be careful but I'm sure he'll only let them invest as much as will keep him in charge of decision making. What's the phrase I'm looking for?

Controlling Interest?