Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

They make it sound like he's desperate to sell. IF someone has come in and he has quoted them £420m, then that clearly means he DOESN'T want to sell. No finance company would get ripped off like that.

And both sides were forced to sign gagging orders, banning them from ever disclosing details of the talks

Then how the fook does the sun know anything about it?

honestly getting sick of all this crap in the press about our club.

we should draft up a letter and send it to the sun, skysports and the bbc and anal oliver and tell them that unless they have cold hard facts ie: an official anouncement on the clubs homepage or direct letter from the club itself, then they should shut the feth up about NuFc cause we as fans are tired of them spouting their sh!te and calling it news

you don't suppose they do it about everything...not just NUFC ?

no doubt at all that they make up stories, other than about nufc, but those stories are'nt directed at us or the club so i dont care about them. constantly having stories like this being run in the press serve to do nothing more than demoralise fans and destabilise the club. players(who lets face it are not the sharpest tools in the shed) will be picking up the sun(for page 3) and reading this garbage on the back-page whilst on their hols and the first thing the idiots will do is pick up the phone and call their agent to find them another club.

potential in-coming players will read this garbage and this the club is unstable and has no direction so wont want to come here.

He would be mad not to sell the club for that price.

He was always going to sell the club in the end, there was always a massive chance it would be a quick sale due to his lack of experience in the business and constant problems that come with it, but at that price no one in their right mind would buy it. That's more than Liverpool's value, so i guess he stays.

I'm not sure if it's already been posted, just woke up and had a quick scan at this thread. But the beeb are running with this story too now, saying US sources confirm it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7489444.stm

I've seen the BBC website, and 'Newcastle owner not in takeover talks' would be a more accurate headline. The Americans are looking for a European club to buy, they've made a preliminary enquiry through a third party about how much money it would take to tempt Ashley, and they've been put off by the answer. It sounds like the end of the talks, not the beginning.

Ashley's not going to take a 'not at any price' attitude.

I'm not sure if it's already been posted, just woke up and had a quick scan at this thread. But the beeb are running with this story too now, saying US sources confirm it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7489444.stm

Ashley did tell them that they'd need to find £420 million to buy us, but they were the ones that instigated the talks. Doesn't really make Ashley desperate to sell.

NUFC for sale claims are 'absolute nonsense'

Jul 4 2008 Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United have described as "absolute nonsense" claims that Mike Ashley has put a price-tag of £420m on the club.

One report suggested American private equity fund InterMedia Partners had been told the business was available for that figure, some £286m more than the billionaire paid for it a year ago.

However, a club spokesman said: "It is absolute nonsense."

:: More to follow

Guest Mucky01

media knarked about no insider knowledge of transfer policy so resort to same old mud raking shite.

NUFC for sale claims are 'absolute nonsense'

Jul 4 2008 Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United have described as "absolute nonsense" claims that Mike Ashley has put a price-tag of £420m on the club.

One report suggested American private equity fund InterMedia Partners had been told the business was available for that figure, some £286m more than the billionaire paid for it a year ago.

However, a club spokesman said: "It is absolute nonsense."

:: More to follow

Thank you.

I'd love it if we sued The Sun etc.

I'm shocked. 

Not at the story, which is typical media bullshit, but at the fact that the club put out a denial via the club spokesman in the same news cycle without letting it fester in the papers for the weekend (which was the intention of putting it in on a Friday).

That almost seems like good public relations, I didn't think NUFC did that.

I'm shocked. 

Not at the story, which is typical media bullshit, but at the fact that the club put out a denial via the club spokesman in the same news cycle without letting it fester in the papers for the weekend (which was the intention of putting it in on a Friday).

That almost seems like good public relations, I didn't think NUFC did that.

Still doesn't stop certain people looking to criticise the board at every opportunity. Wonder why they find it so hard to praise them at times like this.

Guest toonlass

What another load of crap from the sun. They have nowt factual to say about newcastle so they run the "Mike Ashley to sell the toon" story for the 178th time since the bloke took over and once again some numpties with a reading age of 8 lap it up. FFS seeing that the sun had nae idea about us signing spiderman there is no way that they would know this. Tomorrow's chip papers.....