Guest TPIB

Informal Talks between MA and the USA money men =

"Hey Mike sell us NUFC dude !!"

"Cor Blimey No, don't want to"

"Go on maaaan, you must have a price you'd take"

"Well if you give me £420 million I'll think about it, innit"

http://photos.3scape.net/photo/6592/Vultures_feeding_on_a_dead_buffalo.jpg

The UK Media

So you're saying NUFC is like a dead buffalo?

No, its the best picture i could find of a bunch of scavenging bastards.

The issue here is, the Sun reported it and the rest of the media have ran with the story with nothing else but words written by a Sun Journalists.

The BBC should be fcking ashamed, its exepected off SSN.

Guest Sniffer

Wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to sell. The way the economy is going it might be the wrong time for him to have such an expensive toy.

I love the caption under the photo of Mike Ashley (who is wearing a Newcastle shirt and standing amongst the Newcastle fans) on the BBC website story: -

"Mike Ashley has kept a low profile as Newcastle chairman".

The BBC used to be a well thought of, serious news organisation.

I love the caption under the photo of Mike Ashley (who is wearing a Newcastle shirt and standing amongst the Newcastle fans) on the BBC website story: -

Apart from anything else, he's not and has never been the chairman. Clueless.

Guest LucaAltieri

So the papers' insiders couldn't name our first signing but have somehow got accurate information about secret talks with gagging orders signed.... hmmmmm.... my bullshit senses are tingling.

Guest VegasToon

So the papers' insiders couldn't name our first signing but have somehow got accurate information about secret talks with gagging orders signed.... hmmmmm.... my bullshit senses are tingling.

If someone was to give him 420 million and he refused, I would seriously think he is crazy. 

My guess is that someone did approach us and he priced the Toon so high that hopefully no one else comes around. 

If someone was to give him 420 million and he refused, I would seriously think he is crazy. 

My guess is that someone did approach us and he priced the Toon so high that hopefully no one else comes around. 

This sounds the most feasible option if indeed these yanks did approach our Ash.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't sell, he's been a breath of fresh air since he's arrived!

Guest VegasToon

f***ing hell.  Work was an absolute nightmare.  All the mackems there wouldn't stop talking about it, honestly believing Ashley is going to sell us.

Just ask them about this:

“We would like to continue to nourish the link between Ireland and Sunderland. It makes us a bigger international club, because we are not relying on people within 20 miles of us.”

That should shut them up.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhgbidauidql/

Apart from anything else, he's not and has never been the chairman. Clueless.

Can't get much lower profile as a chairman than that, tbh.

Guest LucaAltieri

I just doubt their ability to get even the most basic information about our club. They've shown with the transfer speculation that they haven't got a clue... yet somehow they've managed to get info on a super-secret offer to buy the club? Bollocks.

Guest Heneage

Top post mate.

When they were nowhere near the Jonas story till he'd signed, have not even broke one of our targets to date, how they suddenly know the single most private stuff is utter bollocks.

Wouldn't amaze me if this was the Sun displaying its displeasure at being left out of the loop on transfers, so to speak.

Me neither, but it's more likely they're trying to irritate the club in order to persuade them to give out stories (a la Shepherd) instead of keeping stumm and being subject to this kind of bollocks.

Wouldn't amaze me if this was the Sun displaying its displeasure at being left out of the loop on transfers, so to speak.

Me neither, but it's more likely they're trying to irritate the club in order to persuade them to give out stories (a la Shepherd) instead of keeping stumm and being subject to this kind of bollocks.

That's what I was getting at, aye. :thup:

The Independent:

"These stories are absolute nonsense," said a Newcastle spokesman, "and we are growing increasingly tired of having to respond to this sort of story."

Once again there was no direct response from Ashley or from his new managing director at the club, Derek Llambias, and in part their silence fuels the rumours emanating from the City of London that Ashley has let it be known that he would be a willing seller should a purchaser offer sufficient money, in this case around £400m.

mackems.gif

So it actually has to be Ashley himself, in person, that comes out and denies these "rumours" (i.e. fabricated bollocks). Perhaps he should do a gig at St James' or write a book to get his point across?

This sounds the most feasible option if indeed these yanks did approach our Ash.

Anyway, I hope he doesn't sell, he's been a breath of fresh air since he's arrived!

Decent PR certainly helps, namely sharing a few ales with the everyday matchgoer/the so-called 'commoner' and likewise posing for photos outside the ground.

What now? ..................... a few will be addressing as 'Wor Ash' soon.

I despair.

And from a journalism, common sense and football supporter's perspective I absolutely despise that newspaper. Possibly even more than the Daily Hatemail. Look at their website - dominated by Big Brother and celebrity news. Some showbusiness editor of theirs thinks he is some sort of hero for telling Jay-Z his set at Glastonbury wasn't all that good. That vile paper is just the culmination of everything I hate about this country.