Housemate "Doing a Runner"

Stu

One of our housemates has literally just upped-sticks and cleared off out of our house, funnily enough without leaving a cheque for his contribution for the Easter-August bills. I knew he would be leaving before the end of the tenancy agreement as he's off on holiday with his bird in July/August but whenever I asked him for an idea of when, he kept saying he didn't know. Lo and behold, I came back to the house last week to find that he'd packed all of his stuff and gone without saying anything to me, I got a text the next day saying

"Just remembered, I completely forgot, I've moved out. Left my keys in my cupboard"    :undecided:

I know he's still living in Newcastle for the next week or so, as his bird has just moved into a new house before next term, but when I eventually got hold of him on the phone* he was adamant that he wasn't going to send me a cheque for any of the bills and told me that if I wanted to take things further I'd have to go back and provide copies of bills for the last 2 years (how

long we've lived together) then he'd "think about it".

Now I don't have a problem with that, in the sense that he wants to know what he's paying for; however, I'm pissed off by the fact he lied about sending a cheque in the post - might seem an obvious trick but we'd been mates of some sort while living together/at uni - and that he didn't have the balls to come and talk to me while I was still in the house and could have just shown him the bills there and then.

Is he being a complete ballbag or are his actions reasonable?

*He ignored my texts/calls up to the point where I had to get another of my housemates (I was away for a week) to go and find out if he was in his room and breathing. He claimed last night that this "put him in an unfair position". When he eventually ranng me back, he said he'd get a cheque sent out in the post. Over a week later nothing had arrived, so I've been ringing/texting him since Sunday...eventually he texts back on Wednesday asking me what I wanted to talk about, asked him to ring me when he gets home from work....eventually he answers his phone on Thursday night. This all from a guy that carries his phone around like a life support machine - we know this because for the last 12months it keeps going off when his bird/mum is texting/ringing him.

Track him down and murder him, it's your only option.

then shag his bird and mum at the same time

FYP

i didn't know if bird/mum was the same person.

anyhow it shouldn't be too hard to track utilities bills etc for that period. food etc if it was pooled may be more problematic but get what you can then tell everyone you have as mutual acquaintances about what a t*** he is and why.

FYP

anyhow it shouldn't be too hard to track utilities bills etc for that period. food etc if it was pooled may be more problematic but get what you can then tell everyone you have as mutual acquaintances about what a t*** he is and why.

Aye, but most people think he's a bit of a dick anyways...we (his housemates) thought we were making progress with him and his social/interpersonal skills - obviously not.

As for his Mum...she must be about 70 (I think he was a 'surprise' baby...) and had him when she was almost 50. His bird isn't the best looking...but she's in Newcastle next year...

He has got a car, VW Golf - silver - it'll be parked on the John Buddle Work Village 'cos he works for Carrot Media...

FYP

Aye, but most people think he's a bit of a dick anyways...we (his housemates) thought we were making progress with him and his social/interpersonal skills - obviously not.

As for his Mum...she must be about 70 (I think he was a 'surprise' baby...) and had him when she was almost 50. His bird isn't the best looking...but she's in Newcastle next year...

He has got a car, VW Golf - silver - it'll be parked on the John Buddle Work Village 'cos he works for Carrot Media...

go to where he works and ask to see him and tell all his work colleagues.....................then set about his car with the hammer. still shag his mam (if she's willing) she's probs not had any in a while and will be grateful of the action.

why won't he chip in?  He obviously knows he's been using water/gas/electricity.  Go to wherever he's living and confront him face-to-face.  If he's on the phone he can just not answer/hang up.

Sounds like a cunt of the highest order though.

I don't know where his lass has moved to, unfortunately, otherwise I'd have been right around as soon as I realised he was screwing us over. When I asked him where he wanted me to send the copies of the bills to, he told me just to send them to his mum's address in Bradford...fucking coward.

He knows he's been using the services, I can understand if he's suddenly not keen on paying for the July/August share of the bills but we all agreed to split the bills for the annual lease between the four of us - one of my other housemates was away on placement between November-April and didn't cause a fuss about the bills.

I'm just shocked that his girlfriend, who was obviously in the room with him during our phonecall, can actually respect someone who runs away from problems like this...

He'll be selling a sob story to her and others about really minor things you never thought were a problem.

Just cross him off the Christmas list.

In our house we all pay £30 a month extra with our direct debits for the rent, and then at the end of the year split any leftover money in the account. Works a treat.

I had a house mate from hell. He never did anything malicious but he is the stupidest person I've ever known which caused endless problems both mentally and financially. Your house mate sounds like a twat. Hunt him down and gut him good.

Call the police and claim he stole something, they will then find him. Then you have his address and just be like ah I found it my brother had it. Then go smash his car in.

Guest lankybellwipe

Call the police and claim he stole something, they will then find him. Then you have his address and just be like ah I found it my brother had it. Then go smash his car in.

OUR POLICE?

GOOOOOOOOOOOD        LUCK!

OUR POLICE?

GOOOOOOOOOOOD         LUCK!

Tell them your a black lesbian from Poland! Sorted.

Guest Heneage

What a twat.

My mate had something similar just today hes second year at Leeds and his housemates he met at Uni asked an old friend of ours to move in with them as he had no one else as hes just not bothered with his course at uni and has no course friends.

Lone behold day he gets the keys he says hes pulling out and someone has to stump uo  £250. Now chasing him for the money.

Why does he want copies of bills for two years if he's only paying the bills for the last few months?

Either way, he sounds like a complete wanker.

That's what I thought, I mean if he genuinely feels he's been paying too much for bills while he's lived here, then I have no problem with providing details of what he is paying for and an itemised breakdown. What pisses me off is the fact that he's never so much as raised an eyebrow when I've annouced the bills (on a quarterly basis) in the two years we've lived together, then all of a sudden he's of the opinion that I'm trying to pull a fast one...