NHS

Adam

NHS   

56 members have voted

1. 1. NHS

• Keep it
    • Insurance please

So its 60 years old this week, do you love it or hate it ? Would you rather have your own insurance then pay for what you needed ?

Personally I think it is the best thing about this country, there is a lot of waste and doctors are paid too much but its still better than having insurance.

Just wondering what people think of it, and what they would do to fix the problems they see within it.

Guest lankybellwipe

The NHS has done me NO HARM!

Not a bad word I can muster!

Spine op - 10 on 10

Heart op - 10 on 10

Dislocated nose, leading to constant beeding - 10 on 10

Food - 8 on 10

Nurses - 10 on 10  :smitten:

Full  credit given!

Unfortunately, the consultants are unconcerned about infection control, as a vehicle to sell thier services pirvately. Untill this is sorted out we will continue to have dirty hospitals, costing us billions.

Paddock think you have a good point. If they can sort out the MRSA stuff out would be a massive help. I think the best thing about the NHS is AnE, if you knacker yourself, you never have to worry about if you have the cash to pay for it.

Good thing on how the NHS started on BBC 2 atm btw.

There is no doubt that hygeine standards have fallen.  Since I last trod the corridors, I had occasion to go in as a patient and I thought I would need a local anaesthetic just to go to the bog. It was gopping.

Having been at the thin end of it, you will never convince me that Doctors are paid too much.  I have seen grown men and women reduced to tears for want of sleep and we still expect them to make life and death decisions.  For some reason rookie Doc's were given surgical wards and I recall a huge rugby playing guy hyperventilating because I called him out in the wee small hours.  I had to explain to him how to certify the patient dead as he stood there hyperventilating.  I never forgot that.

Consultants usually expect these ridiculous hours because as junior Doctors they had to do their stints in their early qualification.  But it doesnt make the practice right.  The times they are a changing b8ut unless we do something about the domestic side of things, the hospitals are going to resemble Scutari on a very warm day.

Meanwhile everyone searches for excellence.

By doctors I meant GP's. Obviosuly people who are working in hospitals should probably be paid more, especially nurses. GP's at £100k is the limit, I know they do long hours, and help a lot of people but any more than £100k is a bit much

I agree with the consultants hours thing, they do work very long hours, how to fix that I'm not really sure, though as it stands its far better than America for example mainly because you never have to worry if you can afford to stay alive.

Don't know how anyone can hate it, its fucking brilliant and we're lucky to have it. Ok its got its imperfections but its almost impossible to have something on such a MASSIVE scale working like clockwork.

Guest lankybellwipe

People can bitch about it all they want but when they need it they appreciate it. Simple as that really.

Solidarity bruvver

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/brian/inlines/07_pfj.jpg

People can bitch about it all they want but when they need it they appreciate it. Simple as that really.

Ask the families of the people who died of hospital aquired infections if that is so.

Ask the families of the people who died of hospital aquired infections if that is so.

far outweighed

you may also want to ask those working in the nhs about the people brought to them after failures in the private mediacal sector.

far outweighed

you may also want to ask those working in the nhs about the people brought to them after failures in the private mediacal sector.

Just get the hospital cleaned up..... simple

far outweighed

agreed, as awful as it is for the families involved, there would be far worse levels and types of death if we didn't have health service for all...

far outweighed

wonder why they never thought of that

far outweighed

wonder why they never thought of that

cos too busy playing golf

Why cant we have it, but clean?

you can, but power needs to be given back to individual hospitals, who should be former doctors, who should have authority to budget for their specific area/needs.