Two appear on explosives charges

Rob W

Two appear on explosives charges

A former British National Party (BNP) candidate and a dentist have appeared in court in on explosives charges.

Robert Cottage, 49, from Colne, Lancashire and David Jackson, 62, from Nelson, Lancs, attended a pre-trial hearing at Preston Crown Court.

The two men, who are accused of possession of explosive material, spoke only to confirm their names.

Recorder Anthony Russell QC set a trial date for the 12 February 2007 at Manchester crown court.

No application for bail was made.

not muslims so no headlines

Sad, but certainly true.  I await for someone to say that's bullshit like.  Blatently brushed over.

Actually I heard about this on Five Live when they were arrested the other week.

not muslims so no headlines

Sad, but certainly true.  I await for someone to say that's bullshit like.  Blatently brushed over.

Actually I heard about this on Five Live when they were arrested the other week.

Contrast that with what happens when they arrest a supposed terrorist and find nothing...

I'm not saying it's not been heard, of course it has, but it's not the main news, and it should be.

I'd suggest that it's more the fact that The Sun, The Mail et al have a large hardcore of readers that are against all 'foreigners'. A front page screaming about Muslims 'at it again' sells papers.

I'd suggest that it's more the fact that The Sun, The Mail et al have a large hardcore of readers that are against all 'foreigners'. A front page screaming about Muslims 'at it again' sells papers.

Ironically, ex-pats love the Mail too.

Guest optimistic nit

Well of course, stories about Muslims sell at the moment. That's not going to chance for the time being.

i wouldn't say thats the reason. i would say they would sell more if anything. reasons are purely political and nowt to do with how many papers it would sell.