What is the longest you have slept for?

Decky

Im the same like, i need about 10, 17 was mental like, woke up and felt like a new man, what was even weired was it was 17 hours straight, didnt wake up and go back again. Loads of dreams an all, was mint :D

Duno usually its around 8-10. When I went to NZ I slept the whole of the flight from LA to Auckland, so thats like 12ish. Slept from the second I got in to the seat until my dad woke me up as we had to get off the plane lol.

Guest kebabstylee

I need at least 10 hours. Preferably 12 :lol:

Think the longest I've slept for must be getting on for the 15/16 mark

I think I've done 20 hours easily. I remember last year, last week of term, 3 essays, stayed up straight from Tuesday until Friday afternoon. Handed all the work in and then kaboom, went to bed and woke up for a bit of food Saturday afternoon (5pm-ish), fell asleep again and woke up Sunday morning (10am). I then ate something, logged onto the net for an hour or so and then fell asleep again! Mental.

Get through the week with about 5 or 6 hours a night then catch up on weekends.

I do that. Not sure the 'catch up' works or is healthy though.

As to the question, after boozing I can snooze all the following day if I can't be arsed to get up. It's like heaven, but it's not really sleeping. Have some really weird dreams during it, too.

15 hours. I remember it clearly. Got home from school on a Monday 5pm, fell asleep in bed in front of the tv half an hour later then woke up again at 8am-ish ready for the next day... Felt great for 3 days after that, was buzzing in the morning whilst all my mates were knackered.

Once slept for about 27 hours. I had a migraine and had a few paracetemol and went to bed. Woke up and like a full day had gone. Was canny wierd/scary.

That is one my dreams. Go to bed one night and wake up in the morning 2 days later. Must be so weird.

Once slept for about 27 hours. I had a migraine and had a few paracetemol and went to bed. Woke up and like a full day had gone. Was canny wierd/scary.

That is one my dreams. Go to bed one night and wake up in the morning 2 days later. Must be so weird.

I was starving when I woke up like. Which made it quite fun. Ultimate binge eating when I woke up.  :smug:

As to the question, after boozing I can snooze all the following day if I can't be arsed to get up. It's like heaven, but it's not really sleeping. Have some really weird dreams during it, too.

My alarm is set for 6.10 during the week and more often than not I usually wake up and it's a few minutes before it's due to go off. Last Saturday morning I woke up and looked at the clock and it's 6.09. Just smiled and turned over. Got up at about 11.  :smug:

Well, according to some psychological explanations then it would suggest that no it isn't healthy. Sleep is needed to restore the body and get it back to it's 'normal' state. Working Night shifts and flying long distances, particularly from West to East, cause people to become more tired and fatigued. Which is why more people are likely to have accidents at work during the night/jet lag occurs.

Another idea is that their are internal and external zeitgebers (time givers), which would suggest that the body runs on a cycle of around 24.9 hours (Siffre), and that in the Winter we are more likely to sleep longer, due to the lack of sunlight/birds chirping, etc.

These are just two explanations that may prove that using the 'catch up' tactic is rather likely to not work and have negative effects on your health.  But y'kna it's a case of each to their own as none of the psychological explanations never seem to be deemed 100% correct.

Guest 22bnw

I once passed out on a sunday night about 11 pm'ish and woke up on the tuesday morning

it had been an excessively heavy weekend

That's awesome