Free Beer & I'm your friend for life

Tsunami

I don't believe the shite that the southern press are coming out with but MA does at times resemble that best new mate who is really a complete twat & you don't see it until he's completely taken the piss out of you & ran away with your missus.

Yes, he's worn the shirt, stood with the fans, bought some beers & cleared an awful lot of the debt. So, he's one of he lads and put his money in or, has has kept the natives sweet and cleared most of the debt to make the club more attractive to suitors?

Let's be honest here, so far, he's spent fuck all on new signings. If it's free or cheap we may just try & sign it.

Cynical? I've coughed up my money on a new season ticket, I'd like to see some action.

This will attract the usual wait and see posts/ no faith posts but right here, right now, he's not lived up to the billing. Danny DeVito in Other People's Money springs to mind. Buy it cheap, make it look attractive to buyers, sell it on. Bollocks about the product and the locals.

Is anybody else out there just a tad worried?  

Guest BooBoo

Agreed in part. I'm not yet convinced that Ashley is the real deal but i'll be delighted to be proved wrong.

Not really, no. Why would he work so hard to repair the inner workings of the club just to sell it to someone who may not share the same views as him? I mean, if he bought the club, paid off the debt and then sat on his ass, I'd be as concerned as you. I think he's working towards imitating the way things work over at Arsenal.

So he's put in place a completely new structure in the club, one which will ensure some consistency throughout changes of managers, with beginnings of an ambitious youth system, a healthy economy, etc., and it's all because he wants to sell at once?

Looks more like the start of a long-term investment to me, but maybe I'm just a total idiot with no business sense at all.

Guest shaun11177

We are all waiting until 31/08 because then we will know his intentions , his actions on the transfer front will tell us a lot.

The bloke can run (giving no comment) but he cant hide (we need players and money will have to be spent and Owen's contract has to be sorted one way or the other).

The acid test is not clearing debt or appointing Keegan or Wise etc its transfer funds.

This will attract the usual wait and see posts/ no faith posts but right here, right now, he's not lived up to the billing

And?  A house in the middle of being built doesn't live up to the billing but it would be ridiculous to pass final judgment on it before the fact. 

Don't know which one to reply to but, he bought the club so the debt became his debt. He's used his money to clear the debt that he inherited but hasn't used his money to strengthen the team. He has money from season tickets and Sky and may be looking to sell for 350 mill or so. He bought the club for around 130 mill, cleared maybe 70 mill of debt (I repeat, his debt) and may make 150 mill.

As has been repeatedly said, he is a business man. What he has done so far is to make the club a viable proposition to other businesses. Until he starts spending his cash on players (ie - speculating on his business) I will remain nervous. The model he is using is one to sell up. Once he starts spending money on players we should all be able to feel a little more comfortable.

May I ask how purchasing players would change anything? Spending 50 million on marketable players would make the team even more attractive to potential investors, wouldn't it? He'd still make 100 million as well.

May I ask how purchasing players would change anything? Spending 50 million on marketable players would make the team even more attractive to potential investors, wouldn't it? He'd still make 100 million as well.

If he spent 50 mill on players we, the supporters, would see the benefit. He wouldn't get that 50 mill back from a buyer.

If he spent 50 mill on players we, the supporters, would see the benefit. He wouldn't get that 50 mill back from a buyer.

Isn't it possible that we're in the initial stages of a well thought out long term plan? Couldn't we see the benefit of buying and developing our own players eventually?

Isn't it possible that we're in the initial stages of a well thought out long term plan? Couldn't we see the benefit of buying and developing our own players eventually?

We could be, I hope so, but we also desparately need investment in the starting 11 and up to now were trying to do it on the cheap. To me that's not long term, that's more short term.

We could be, I hope so, but we also desparately need investment in the starting 11 and up to now were trying to do it on the cheap. To me that's not long term, that's more short term.

Agreed. Still, it's only July 7th. If it's September and nothing else has been done, I'll share your concern.

Exactly what is wrong about doing stuff on the cheap if it yields results, anyway?

Not saying it will, if that's the route we take, but we don't need to spend extortionate amounts if we can get away with it. We've done that before and it's not got us very far has it?

He sacked a manager he didn't hire as he felt he wasn't doing a decent job, he's cleared our debts, tried to get the club to emphasise on youth and scouting far and wide instead of relying on 'big name' signings, tried to improve the stadium atmosphere by making numerous changes and he's tried to lower the wage bill as many of our 'stars' are being paid far too much.

What a scumbag.  :idiot2:

He sacked a manager he didn't hire as he felt he wasn't doing a decent job, he's cleared our debts, tried to get the club to emphasise on youth and scouting far and wide instead of relying on 'big name' signings, tried to improve the stadium atmosphere by making numerous changes and he's tried to lower the wage bill as many of our 'stars' are being paid far too much.

Clearly, he wouldn't be doing all that if he didn't intend to sell.  Everyone knows you don't run a business without debt unless you're looking to move it on. mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Clearly, he wouldn't be doing all that if he didn't intend to sell.  Everyone knows you don't run a business without debt unless you're looking to move it on. mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Sacked the manager 'cos he had to, he didn't clear our debts; he cleared most of the debts his purchase came with. He has made quick wins without spending that much money.

KK who was always a vocal manager has hardly said a word, when he did so in January he got the call down to London to tow the line.

Once he puts real money in I'll be more comfortable; we've been a relatively cheap buy up to this point.

I have my doubts about him and our board and our backroom set up, but I'm not going to judge them until the end of the transfer window.

A sensible approach.

Guest Deep456

Don't forget, the new Website.