Danquah signs new deal

Dave

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/07/08/dutch-teenager-danquah-signs-new-deal-72703-21304650/

Dutch teenager Danquah signs new deal

Jul 8 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United youngster Frank Wiafe Danquah has signed a new two-year contract with the Magpies.

The Dutch teenager, who is a product of Ajax’s youth system, starred in the reserves last season and was part of Adam Sadler’s reserve side.

The player was called into the first-team pool for the final game of the season at Everton, but didn’t make the subs bench.

Speaking on his new deal, Danquah said today: “It may have taken some time, but I finally got what I have always to achieve: earn a place as player in professional football.

His agent Winnie Haastrecht emphasizes that Frank Wiafe Danquah is of Ghanese origin, but holds the Dutch nationality. “I hope he will now get a Holland Under-19 call up,” he added.

Danquah started his career as a player at the Ajax Academy.

He played for the amateurs of FC Omniworld and AFC before he made a move to Newcastle.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere. Is he any good, reserves watchers?

Not in the Dutch squad that finished bottom of their group for the Uefa u19 championships that start next week.

Incidentally, is Andy Carroll injured?  He seems to have been left out of the England squad for the finals, he played in some of the qualifiers.  If he's just been left off the list on the FA website, the finals are on Eurosport starting next Monday

Not in the Dutch squad that finished bottom of their group for the Uefa u19 championships that start next week.

Incidentally, is Andy Carroll injured?  He seems to have been left out of the England squad for the finals, he played in some of the qualifiers.  If he's just been left off the list on the FA website, the finals are on Eurosport starting next Monday

Injured.

Guest Heneage

Has anyone seen "The Waife" play? Seems to be getting a lot of deals considering we hear little in the programmes.

Can't see the lad making it tbh, hope i'm wrong but from what i've seen he's lightweight and not as good as Kazenga or Wesley Baheng who play in similar positions.  Also as has been mentioned the lad has been a bit unlucky with injury while he's been here.  Like a lot of the youngsters at the club this upcoming season is a biggie and make or break.

Guest Heneage

Can't see the lad making it tbh, hope i'm wrong but from what i've seen he's lightweight and not as good as Kazenga or Wesley Baheng who play in similar positions.  Also as has been mentioned the lad has been a bit unlucky with injury while he's been here.  Like a lot of the youngsters at the club this upcoming season is a biggie and make or break.

I hope Wes makes it, shocking luck with his injury.