Breaking
Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal

Coast Rd Roadworks

cp40

Just sent my licence in with £60 for the privledge of doing 36mph, over the roadworks on the coast road.

Gits, if you go exactly 30, other cars and vans virtually climb into your boot.

I am certain, also that the camera was after the bridge, and sneakily catching people as the accelerated after the bridge.

Anybody else been captured?

Should be finished by the end of the month, thank Fu(k.

Got done 3 month ago...same thing, 36 in 30 zone.  Absolute bollocks that 30 limit.  Just gotta watch out for the sneaky bstards!!!

and aye, thank god it will be done soon...They even have the road markings finished!

Is that the roadworks heading towards the toon? next to Norham road?

If so I went past them today doing about 40.

The trick is to look for the police car sitting right under the flyover, If he's not there you are fine.

Not sure about the other way though.

I agree, 30mph is a ridiculous speed limit for what is still a dual carrigeway even with the road works.

It should be 40 at LEAST, hell even 50 would be safe.

Things like this boil my piss.

The trick is to look for the police car sitting right under the flyover, If he's not there you are fine.

I agree, 30mph is a ridiculous speed limit for what is still a dual carrigeway even with the road works.

its not a police car that nabs you, tho. its one of them safety camera vans, trouble is looks like any of the other dozen or so works vans parked there.

they rekon the fines have paid for about a third of the cost of the bridge.

buggered up my clean licence as well, not been done since 2000

its not a police car that nabs you, tho. its one of them safety camera vans, trouble is looks like any of the other dozen or so works vans parked there.

Its a fuckng nightmare mate, but  arent these roadworks going on for like 18 months or something??

Its a fuckng nightmare mate, but  arent these roadworks going on for like 18 months or something??

its been nearly a year, but i think they will be gone in a couple of weeks

I agree, speeding is daft, but i'd hold my hands up if it was what i would class as a justified fine/points, for example 33+ in a 30 zone in a residential area...not on a dual bloody carraige way.  Anyhow, rant over.

I noticed something very interesting with these roadworks, although the camera van still makes an appearence every so often, the frequency is minute compared to how often it was there before the end of the fiscal year!  Does anyone else deem this a tad suspect? 

I agree, speeding is daft, but i'd hold my hands up if it was what i would class as a justified fine/points, for example 33+ in a 30 zone in a residential area...not on a dual bloody carraige way.  Anyhow, rant over.

I noticed something very interesting with these roadworks, although the camera van still makes an appearence every so often, the frequency is minute compared to how often it was there before the end of the fiscal year!  Does anyone else deem this a tad suspect? 

Ive noticed this too, I drive through these roadworks most days and for the last couple of months you hardly ever see the coppers sitting there.

If you get pulled over in a temporary speed limit like this, they can't give you points (they still fine you though). However, if you get done on the camera you'll get points too. It's a very strange system.

Also, forgot to mention added road rage,

since i was notified of the fine, i developed a complex and now dont go anywhere near that bridge,. so what happens?

They fu(king dig middle Engine lane up and hold me up that way instead.... aaarrrrhhh :angry:

Dont get me started on the road works at the Tyne Tunnel or I will have a heart attack!!

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

ffs, i was going to washington last week, had to turn round cos the roundabout was closed and go all the way back round past the tip, the way I had just come. no warning of this 2 mile detour on the way down like!

Dont get me started on the road works at the Tyne Tunnel or I will have a heart attack!!

ffs, i was going to washington last week, had to turn round cos the roundabout was closed and go all the way back round past the tip, the way I had just come. no warning of this 2 mile detour on the way down like!

Aye mate its shite, gonna be mental for the next 4 years at the Tunnel.

Hey, guess what?............When the second tunnel is built they are shutting the existing one for a YEAR to re-fit it or something.

So thats 2013 before we see the benifits of these current roadworks.

Why does everything take so lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg in this country?

The Japs or the Yanks would have this second tunnel knocked up in a year easy.

:explode:

Aye mate its s****, gonna be mental for the next 4 years at the Tunnel.

Hey, guess what?............When the second tunnel is built they are shutting the existing one for a YEAR to re-fit it or something.

So thats 2013 before we see the benifits of these current roadworks.

Why does everything take so lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg in this country?

The Japs or the Yanks would have this second tunnel knocked up in a year easy.

:explode:

LOL, by the time the tunnel is built, the oil will have run dry, and it will not be needed.

Cos everyone will be crossing in the cylclists tunnel on them wheelie things on the other thread.  yea haa what a link up!

Ive noticed this too, I drive through these roadworks most days and for the last couple of months you hardly ever see the coppers sitting there.

Try every day that I go past it (most weekends too) and I aint seen it since the beginning of april - I've seen it on the other side mind but not citybound.  Just find it amusing (and I have it on good authority this is the case) that the council tend to use speed cameras as a cash cow when their books are low.

And aye, I love how inept our government/highway agencies/local councils are compared to the continent when it comes to roadworks.  I believe it is something to do with unions and high rates of pay throughout the night in this country (not blaming the guys on the roads mind).

can somebody start a sticky thread, where we can post the latest sightings of the lurking cameras to warn other no members.

this of couse is not so we can get away with breaking the law, but to leave us more money in our pockets to spend on the football club!

can somebody start a sticky thread, where we can post the latest sightings of the lurking cameras to warn other no members.

this of couse is not so we can get away with breaking the law, but to leave us more money in our pockets to spend on the football club!

then cynical bastards like myself will post loads of spurious sightings in order to make you lot slow down.