New TV - Help!

Karjala

Who can help?! I'm after a new TV and maybes some advice! I'm basically after the following things and have a budget of £450 but ideally looking to pay no more than £400.

37"

HD Ready

Freeview Built In

2 Scarts

PC Input

Been looking around and cant seem to bear Ebuyer and Argos sites, any other suggestions? Anyone know about this 'seconds' Asda store in the North East somewhere?

The Sony is out of this world.

Get it new for £500, refurb for £390.

Its up there pound of pound the best you can buy at the £500 mark.

Cheers for the link, looking for a new tv for our house and will be getting this.....once I get my money back!

Cheers for the link, looking for a new tv for our house and will be getting this.....once I get my money back!

My mates got one, bought from Play.com as well, i nearly slit his throat when i finally left his house.

:lol:

Here's me stuck with an 8 year old 32" CRT. Fuking gutted.  :weep:

Personal opinion - avoid plasma if you can.  Had a 32" LCD and it was mint but I got greedy and wanted a bigger one.  Got a 42" plasma and it always gets screen burn and the leccy bill has shot up.

Probably more of a coincidental fact of timing what with everyones bills going through the roof at the minute.

• 1 month later...

Alright people who know far more about this sort of thing than I.... I'm looking for a new TV. Probably about a 26" for about £300, I've looked in a few places but I feel it would be foolish not to attempt to take advantage of the apparent wealth of knowledge on here before I proceed....

Have a look on http://www.dixons.co.uk they usually have some good offers, if you also combine them with anything you can find on http://www.hotukdeals.com searching for deals and vouchers linked to Dixons you should be able to get a cracking LCD for £500.

Don't overlook comparison sites like kelkoo once you know what model you want as well because they sometimes unearth some cracking deals at on line retailers.

[This is very good 26" TV if you can bump up the budget to £350 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL26S3000-Widescreen-Bravia-Freeview/dp/B000VZC2DM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219175731&sr=1-1

Also check out Richersounds who do decent deals particularly on end of line items plus their extended warranty is priced really competitively http://www.richersounds.com/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=LCD2

If you do buy from Dixons as suggested above remember LCD tv's track at 5% via Quidco and also if you have an Egg credit card they 2.5% discount if you follow the link from their website. I think theres a way when you can get both discounts togeather i.e. follow link to Dixons from Egg card site add item to basket and then go to the dixons site this time from Quidco site and complete transaction (more expert Quidcoers please advise  if this is the correct way?).

Edit: I've seen the Sony tv in Currys and compared to the other TV's on display the picture in terms of sharpness was excellent (not pixelated which can be a problem for many LCD's with a standard defination transmission) , colour very crisp and life like, and didn't notice any motion smearing .

• 2 months later...

I have added this to this thread as I didnt think it wassanted its own.

My dad has a Thompson TV with an integrated Digibox that is basically on the blink. Can he just go out and buy a freeview box and plug it in or with it conflict with the integrated one ?

• 1 month later...

My uncle has a hd tv that he has had for 1 year almost 2 months and he has first come to use the sole hdmi port on it and the cable wont stay in its falling out slightly and giving a really fuzzy picture/no picture. Where does he stand on this being faulty?

Can he take it back the shop, he purchased no cover will his original warranty cover this?

Any help is grateful thanks

I have added this to this thread as I didnt think it wassanted its own.

My dad has a Thompson TV with an integrated Digibox that is basically on the blink. Can he just go out and buy a freeview box and plug it in or with it conflict with the integrated one ?

It'll just run on a different source (ie AV1 or whichever scart socket it's plugged into). Won't conflict at all.