The return of a club magazine

and they want people to contribute their stories to it.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10278~1331800,00.html

Although it could be completely shite and not even worthy of wiping your arse on, I've always thought that we should have an official magazine, as they sometimes have interesting stuff in, such as interviews that the nationals or even the ronny gill might not carry and also information regarding tickets etc.  I remember reading "Black 'N' White" as a kid, and being interested in the regular Keegan interviews, and also learning about the history of the club.

The value added for those magazines is in exclusive in depth interviews... other as brummie said, pretty pointless sadly.

In depth unfortunately go into questions such as what's your favourite movie ? What music do you listen on the coach to away games ? and What's your favourite pre match meal ?

All earth shattering stuff !!

Positive in that it means an official way of communicating 'slow news' stuff to fans and building bridges with the community by positive, club led, PR.

I imagine it'll carry a lot of stories that used to be page fillers for others (or got little coverage) such as hospital visits, local community schemes as well as a way for the fans to better get to know players etc.

Makes a change from using the back couple of pages of the chronicle for our own agenda.

It might end up cringeworthy but, as a propaganda tool, it'll be another way of managing comms with fans, building trust etc without the need for national media stories.

I wonder if it's all part of a wider plan by the club to control their news a bit more?

IMO Ashley and his bizniz kru are doing great. Football these days is an entertainment business not a sport, and they are going about handling the club in exactly the right way. From what I have seen, it appears that they are giving the club back to the fans, and providing us with services we have either never had or haven't had for a long time. (my knowledge of the previous owners/boards isn't too great as I'm only 18)

I must admit at first I thought it was all to gain a bit of reputation and get in with the fans. But now I am pretty certain it is to get a football club ran the way it should be. Despite it being full of propaganda and media bollocks.

Hooray for the new board.

The value added for those magazines is in exclusive in depth interviews... other as brummie said, pretty pointless sadly.

In depth unfortunately go into questions such as what's your favourite movie ? What music do you listen on the coach to away games ? and What's your favourite pre match meal ?

All earth shattering stuff !!

I actually find that kind of thing interesting. Nice to know a bit more about our players and their lives away from the pitch.

Guest marky555

or 'eavis and butt-head'....

this month's featured article sees glastonbury supremo michael eavis chatting with midfield maestro nicky butt about their ideal summer festival bill.. hehehe :)

hahahaha

Would honestly see any official magazine as being completely pointless and the damage it would cause the environment would far outweigh the benefits it would bring by giving me a valuable 'in-depth insight' into the lives of the players.  I don't care what they get up to in their spare time as long as they perform on the pitch.  This nicey nice everything's OK bollocks get's right on my tits when you look at how the team performs.  It's may be my pessimistic ways but I'd rather read a good old whinge in The Mag than what Nicky Butt eats for breakfast.

I remember reading a program years ago which gave an enthralling read into how Des Hamilton was struggling with his driving lessons - NO SHIT!!! - I'm surprised he managed to get in the car!

Guest 22bnw

I buy anything to do with NUFC and there are quite a lot of other people who do as well - the club know that and want to make a bit of extra cash. I'm quite happy for them to have my money.

We've got one but I never buy it because the internet makes it pretty pointless for stuff like news. The rare interesting interview/feature amongst the usual fluff will probably be posted on some sort of forum or fan site as well.