FIFA looking at Ronaldo case. Blatter: "Modern slavery".

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Real are more in the wrong than anyone else over this, Ronaldo has a contract with Man Ure and its 100% up to them if they want to sell him or not, he can want away nothing wrong in that but if the club want him to honour his contract then he should.

Blatter needs to shut the fk up, way to many people have had their say over this, if he had to say anything it should have been to Real to tell them to lay off.

I hate the little fker and hate Man Ure as a club but they are well within their right to make the little fker rot on the bench.

thing is, as yet it is practically impossible to prove real have doneanything wrong.

So what about a crap player that a club doesn't want to use but can't transfer to anyone else? Is it "modern slavery" that his contract means the club have to keep paying his wages? Contracts work both ways.

It's amazing that someone as thick as Blatter is in such a prominent job.

Also I don't think anyone is really "in the wrong" as such. Everyone is trying to get what they want. Just some parties have more leverage.

you don't think it's wrong of a player to possibly engineer a move but do it underhandedly in order to get extra money that he shouldn't,in all honesty, be entitled to ?

Guest Phil K

I think those supporting Ronaldo are do so more for loathing of Man U than agreeing with Ronaldo

Cutting off nose to spite face describes that daft mentality.

Much as I HATE Man U and their fans, (and I do) and while Man U fans will be raging at this, but quite happy at the number of times THEY pulled the same stroke, showing why the are so loathable, it would be the death of football as we know it if allowed.

Clown is right. Remember when he publically expressed the opinion that female footballers should wear tighter shorts?

So ? What the hells wrong with that ?

Don't read the Guardian man - it's affecting your reasoning as a bloke.

Guest Thandi_45

Modern day slavery where you fly on private jets, fuck model girlfriends and live the life of luxury. I'm all for it!

you don't think it's wrong of a player to possibly engineer a move but do it underhandedly in order to get extra money that he shouldn't,in all honesty, be entitled to ?

From a moral perspective I guess it isn't great, plus it might not be in his best interest. But Ronaldo is a selfish disrespectful twat, that's not new.

I think those supporting Ronaldo are do so more for loathing of Man U than agreeing with Ronaldo

Cutting off nose to spite face describes that daft mentality.

Much as I HATE Man U and their fans, (and I do) and while Man U fans will be raging at this, but quite happy at the number of times THEY pulled the same stroke, showing why the are so loathable, it would be the death of football as we know it if allowed.

Clown is right. Remember when he publically expressed the opinion that female footballers should wear tighter shorts?

So ? What the hells wrong with that ?

Don't read the Guardian man - it's affecting your reasoning as a bloke.

reasoning as a bloke :-) Stop talking s****, mate...

I always though slavery was more to do with being held against your will for no pay, subjugated, beaten, humiliated and forced to work?

Seem Sep thinks it means being paid unimaginable sums of money to play the game you love, fame, fortune and an endless string of hot women queuing up to bone you.

Buffoon.

Guest Brazilianbob

Blatter hasn't given a single thought for the fans who stump up the money for season tickets to watch the likes of Ronaldo over a full season, only to find he has jumped ship after they have stumped up.

If football decides to follow Blatters radical views on this topic, then taking it to the extreme, we could be in a situation where a player will be playing for a different club every week.  Imagine it, they will be freelance footballers who can command a matchday fee of anything up to £1m per match, times that by 38 EPL matches and say 10 to 15 european and domestic cup matches and their earnings are going to be in the region of £53m a season!!! 

It's about time the fans let FIFA and Uefa know how they feel about the amount of wages paid to these players and their total lack of loyalty to the fans of their current clubs.  We should all go on strike.  Imagine it!  First day of the football season and not a fan in any ground right across the UK/Europe.!  That might get the greedy, arrogant to**ers to realise who pays their wages.

"Slavery" fits in that the players (or their registrations) are owned by their employers so the player cannot just go and work for someone else as easily as "normal" workers - in that context slavery is "correct" but he he shouldn't have used it due to its past - perhaps "bonded" would have been better.

Blatter hasn't given a single thought for the fans who stump up the money for season tickets to watch the likes of Ronaldo over a full season, only to find he has jumped ship after they have stumped up.

If football decides to follow Blatters radical views on this topic, then taking it to the extreme, we could be in a situation where a player will be playing for a different club every week.  Imagine it, they will be freelance footballers who can command a matchday fee of anything up to £1m per match, times that by 38 EPL matches and say 10 to 15 european and domestic cup matches and their earnings are going to be in the region of £53m a season!!! 

It's about time the fans let FIFA and Uefa know how they feel about the amount of wages paid to these players and their total lack of loyalty to the fans of their current clubs.  We should all go on strike.  Imagine it!  First day of the football season and not a fan in any ground right across the UK/Europe.!  That might get the greedy, arrogant to**ers to realise who pays their wages.

I don't really care who signs for us in that context but I agree with the rest.

Football is caught between the "real" world where freedom to work anywhere is a given and the issues you outline - I still don't see how its legally or morally okay at a simple level.