Ashleys Sports Direct 30% Down

Crumpy Gunt

Guest DazzaNufc1892

or it could be due to the fact hes the main seller of england merchandise and apparel that goes with a major tournament, and they over budgeted expecting a gignger cunt to take us to the finals through a piss easy group?

nothing for big mike to worry about

Would have thought that, like Primark, Sport Direct's business would have been booming because of the credit crunch.

As said above, the downturn is probably due to Steve McClaren and the idiots who wanted rid of the previous bloke in charge who actually had a pretty good record even if, in hindsight, he didn't always pick the right team.

Would have thought that, like Primark, Sport Direct's business would have been booming because of the credit crunch.

That is exactly what I thought.

Clearly McClaren's fault.

I think we can be pretty certain that he won't get near the Toon job while Ashley remains in charge.

Cheap shops are the first hit as it is the poor who are hit hardest during a credit crunch as it is harder getting credit.  :thup:

Hence why M&S food is struggling and Netto/Aldi etc are showing increased sales?

sports goods are not essential purchases food is.

30% down but still posted a profit.  Just not as big of one as expected. 

Didn't he sell his original shares for basically all of his current money then buy them back when they first tumbled?  I'll not worry for Ashley. 

He then quipped that the recent purchase of teen clothing brand Golddigga amounted to sponsoring his ex-wife (Ashley's divorce settlement in 2003 reportedly cost £50m).

:lol: