Taylor Targets Top Six

BONTEMPI

Steven Taylor has told Setanta Sports News Newcastle are aiming for a top-six place.

The defender recently ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal and he admits it is a relief to finally focus on his on-field duties.

Taylor is hopeful manager Kevin Keegan can add to the squad, as they are setting out their stall to push for a place in Europe.

“We are aiming for the top six,” Taylor told Setanta Sports News. “We have got our sights aimed high.

“The gaffer is away today, but hopefully he will come back with a few new signings. We do need them as we are a small squad, but we are all together.”

Taylor is on a high after signing a new deal and he is happy to finally put the uncertainty behind him.

”I am just delighted,” he said. “I owe the lads a lot, they played a part in me getting a contract, and the gaffer as well.

“It was the best feeling ever.  I did not want to leave the club, so I’m delighted it’s sorted and I can look forward to the new season.

“It does play on your mind, but for now it is a relief and I can now concentrate on my football.”

Hmmm I wonder where he's gone? 

Away to France to get the booze for the pre-Season party.

:D

Errr reverend keegan is it?

Do you mind stepping out of the white van please sir?

"when was the last time you were in  France Mr Keegan? I see you have already had a notice one"

:lol:

Away to France to get the booze for the pre-Season party.

:D

Errr reverend keegan is it?

Do you mind stepping out of the white van please sir?

"when was the last time you were in  France Mr Keegan? I see you have already had a notice one"

:lol:

;D

With a few more players, we should be aiming top 6.  Definately - no top half bollocks.  Aim as high as you can otherwise there is no point turning up.

The average points to get into 5th or 6th over the last 5 sesons was 60 (rounded up) - so thats just over 1.5 points a game we have to be aiming at - we can do that.

With a few more players, we should be aiming top 6.  Definately - no top half bollocks.  Aim as high as you can otherwise there is no point turning up.

The average points to get into 5th or 6th over the last 5 sesons was 60 (rounded up) - so thats just over 1.5 points a game we have to be aiming at - we can do that.

Win all your home games and you're there pretty much.

Win all your home games and you're there pretty much.

Aye...  I reckon 45 from home, 15 on the road (make that 12 as Spurs in the bad already).

Guest Stephen927

If we turn St James into a fortress, then we won't be far off.

I think it was Dave who said it in another thread the other day, we had a shit season last season, but we were still only so far off the top ten.

If we turn St James into a fortress, then we won't be far off.

I think it was Dave who said it in another thread the other day, we had a shit season last season, but we were still only so far off the top ten.

Pretty sure KK will have been drumming that in hard last season and this season in particular.  Hopefully we can look foward to some useful home form - fingers crossed.

Guest Brummiemag

I hate to be pessimistic and I hope im wrong but unless we strenghten the team significantly we will be nowhere near the top six.  Based on our current squad I think we will be mid table at best.     

I hate to be pessimistic and I hope im wrong but unless we strenghten the team significantly we will be nowhere near the top six.  Based on our current squad I think we will be mid table at best.     

Roeder got us to 7th, i think KK could match that at least, 1,6,3,2,2

"Taylor targets pre-planned failure"

So many people on here agree with him.

I am just a dinasaur.

(KKs end-of-season outburst has convinced many of our "Rational/Realistic" (sensible) supprters that "nothingness" is the best we can EVER hope for.)

Why do you think think that "no-one" wants to sign for us now????

Difficult question.

C'mon  -  get stuck in - attack me (go on).

I am just a dinasaur.

(KKs end-of-season outburst has convinced many of our "Rational/Realistic" (sensible) supprters that "nothingness" is the best we can EVER hope for.)

Difficult question.

dont fully understand your post.

are you saying no-one wants to sign for us?, i dont agree with that, we have already signed onebody, and i expect at least2/3 more before end of window.

I am just a dinasaur.

Difficult question.

are you saying no-one wants to sign for us?, i dont agree with that, we have already signed onebody, and i expect at least2/3 more before end of window.

No one wanting to sign for us (obviously) is 'part' of my post!

You say someone has signed for us - yes I know.

BUT  -  who is he - and did we beat Manchester Utd and Real Madrid to his signature?

Who is he?????????

But, my main point is the fact that "Taylor targets pre-planned failure" is deemed an appropriate title for a thread on here!!!

I am just a dinasaur.

Difficult question.

BUT  -  who is he - and did we beat Manchester Utd and Real Madrid to his signature?

Who is he?????????

But, my main point is the fact that "Taylor targets pre-planned failure" is deemed an appropriate title for a thread on here!!!

Bizzare

I am just a dinasaur.

Difficult question.

Who is he?????????

Bizzare

The TOTAL acceptence of mediocrity is bizarre (go on - bend over!) I agree . . .