Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

http://www.fcmetz.com/voir.php?id=5029

Football Club of Metz and Newcastle United found an agreement financial concerning the international defender hope Sebastien Bassong. This one very soon will sign a contract with the English club, which l' had put at l' test throughout last week. Formed with the FC Metz, Sebastien Bassong carried the garnet-red shirt to 87 recoveries. He registered a goal, at the time of season 2006/2007.

I know it's been mentioned in the realistic transfers thread, but it's being reported that we're giving this chap a trial, apparently he turned down a move to Hungary Romania - also linked with Everton. Been reported in French newspapers and in tomorrow's edition of The Times, currently plays for Metz and is a bright young thing at 21. Seems to fit out transfer profile...

"Newcastle United have offered Sébastien Bassong a trial after the Metz defender turned down a move to Dynamo Bucharest. The 22-year-old has a year left on his contract and had been linked with Everton."

Could be good cover for either flank and isn't adverse to a move to England

“I have approaches from Germany and in England,

“To me the reality is that there are more contacts abroad than in France.

“I don’t want to leave just to leave. I’m waiting for a real project

"There’s no hurry but I want to leave, to see something elsewhere, but I still have time.

"There’s no emergency. Negotiations are just starting.”

Aye, if someone has can you clarify where abouts he plays - I've read a couple of differing reports, some say he's a full-back whereas others say he's a central defender....saying that, we've played Ramage all over defence so he must be an improvement on that...  :pow:

Speculation of a fee around £2mil - Everton, Villa and Blackburn all linked along with ourselves, although quite a few links to an Everton transfer at the start of July.

Quite like the idea that we're taking him on trial first, hopefully he'll prove his worth and we'll find out what kind of character he has.

I know it's been mentioned in the realistic transfers thread, but it's being reported that we're giving this chap a trial, apparently he turned down a move to Hungary Romania - also linked with Everton. Been reported in French newspapers and in tomorrow's edition of The Times, currently plays for Metz and is a bright young thing at 21. Seems to fit out transfer profile...

"Newcastle United have offered Sébastien Bassong a trial after the Metz defender turned down a move to Dynamo Bucharest. The 22-year-old has a year left on his contract and had been linked with Everton."

:frantic:

:frantic:

Date of birth 9 July 1986 (1986-07-09) - just turned 22, my bad!

Guest MaetihS

crap player. not good enough even for a championship club. bramble without the ball skills if any.

crap player. not good enough even for a championship club. bramble without the ball skills if any.

Agreed, i've just been watching his DVD and that's the conclusion i came to. He's no Ginola.

mackems.gif

to be fair, I made a similar assumption based upon the 0.54second YouTube clip that I saw. I think that's the main feature of MaetTihS' dvd...

Guest MaetihS

I lived in France most of my life and have to say i am more familiar with Ligue 1 than Prem to some extent. definitely not a good player but considering how tight we are, he might be a good option for another body. if things are better, i will say no. really really lousy player or he will not be trotting half the globe looking for a job.

I lived in France most of my life and have to say i am more familiar with Ligue 1 than Prem to some extent. definitely not a good player but considering how tight we are, he might be a good option for another body. if things are better, i will say no. really really lousy player or he will not be trotting half the globe looking for a job.

Support a French team then.

In fairness it's difficult to judge, Adebayor looked lousy in Ligue 1...

Guest MaetihS

In fairness it's difficult to judge, Adebayor looked lousy in Ligue 1...

true.

Guest MaetihS

Like most french in Paris, the lady supports PSG so in way i support them as well. yes yes yes...another supposedly big club in decline.

Like most french in Paris, the lady supports PSG so in way i support them as well. yes yes yes...another supposedly big club in decline.

You want to meet up to watch some pre-season games?  :knuppel2:

You're in Singapore now, support a team there then. Just stop coming on here and telling people from Newcastle how shit our club is. Perhaps you could nip into General Chat and slag off the city too?

Guest MaetihS

You want to meet up to watch some pre-season games?  :knuppel2:

I am in Singapore now for work. will be going back france next week or so and then maybe a break. already promised the lady to go Japan to take a break. maybe i will go watch one of the matches but these days am too busy.