Toon tell Owen to accept £30k a-week pay slash... says the Mail

Kaizero

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1034491/United-Red-alert-Toon-tell-Owen-accept-30k-week-pay-slash.html

Michael Owen's advisers will re-open talks with Newcastle at the start of next week aimed at extending his current deal, but with the club insisting on the proviso that he takes a pay cut.

Owen's £110,000-a-week deal has 12 months left and there is growing concern at St James' Park that he will negotiate a move for nothing in January.

The 28-year-old's representatives have, surprisingly, been invited for only one round of talks with Newcastle officials.

They were told that Owen's new offer, in line with an across-the-board reduction in player salaries, would be around £80,000-a-week.

To help offset the cut in pay, Owen will be offered potential bonuses to bring his new package closer to his current deal.

Owner Mike Ashley wants a huge reduction in the wage bill, which has six players on more than £3million a year, and is keen that Owen leads the way by agreeing to take less.

If Owen turns down Newcastle's offer, he will be allowed to leave for around £5m, with Manchester United monitoring the situation.

To worry or not to worry, that is the question. Personally I'm going for the latter, I mean. If he gets bonuses which makes him earn just as much as he does currently, but has his "wage" cut with 30k a week. Where's the issue? Not to mention that this is probably nothing more than the press having run out of other stuff to write about.

Why are we messing with our main player like this? Owen is crucial to us, will Ashley and co feel better about themselves if he says no, fucks off and we have 110k a week off the wage bill? Its madness giving him ultimatiums when we should be trying our best to keep him.

Why are we messing with our main player like this? Owen is crucial to us, will Ashley and co feel better about themselves if he says no, fucks off and we have 110k a week off the wage bill? Its madness giving him ultimatiums

who says we are ?

Oh aye, the Mail. That Southern paper that fucking detests us.

Yawn. "Slow news today, boys. Re-hash an anti-Newcastle article which concerns the owner and their most important player. Oh, and Johnson, do what you can to make the club sound like it's unstable."

Fuck off, press.

Isnt that the point of us "telling" him to take a 30k a week pay slash, i.e. take it or leave it?

who says we are "telling him"?

"Toon tell Owen to accept £30k a-week pay slash"

?

Isnt that the point of us "telling" him to take a 30k a week pay slash, i.e. take it or leave it?

who says we are "telling him"?

"Toon tell Owen to accept £30k a-week pay slash"

?

Howay Decky man. ??? So you're believing stuff that the Daily Mail come out with? Come off it.

They know about this, what Ashley thinks, what Keegan thinks, what Wise thinks but they didn't know about Jonas or Guthrie.

Interesting. http://www.toontastic.net/board/style_emoticons/default/scratchchin.gif

Dangerous game Ashley's playing, if there's any truth in all this. I hope they've got a good idea of how to replace him, if necessary.

IF it's true, and it's a big if, and he doesn't go for the pay cut - we've got a year to sort out a replacement before he walks for nowt. He might not sign the contract but he'll still be a NUFC player until next summer.

So i admit im drunk and people start taking this serious? Its a conspiracy against me :( 2J where are you to help me

2J'll offer no help, he's probably in a worse state than you are.   :lol:

Edit.

I was wrong.  :rolleyes:

So i admit im drunk and people start taking this serious? Its a conspiracy against me :( 2J where are you to help me

2J'll offer no help, he's probably in a worse state than you are.  :lol:

:lol:

If true, thats still an excellent offer for a player who lets face it has been very poor value for money overall, is by no means at the same level he was back when we signed him, and will be 30 years old within 6 months of the current deal running out.

Dangerous game Ashley's playing, if there's any truth in all this. I hope they've got a good idea of how to replace him, if necessary.

IF it's true, and it's a big if, and he doesn't go for the pay cut - we've got a year to sort out a replacement before he walks for nowt. He might not sign the contract but he'll still be a NUFC player until next summer.

True enough. Unless there's any substance in the talk of moving him on for £5 million.