What happened?

Dave

What happened to the positivity?

All I seem to read on this forum these days is negative, negative, negative. People moaning and whinging about the club, the board, the players, the targets, the colour of the new shirt, the baseless shite in the media as though it's gospel etc etc. Realism is great but the doom and gloom is reaching nauseating levels.

What happened to a bit of confidence? What happened to a bit of patience? What happened to a little bit of bullishness about a new season? What happened to looking forward to winning each match? What happened to Newcastle United being a big club?

I'm as tired as anyone of the press calling us deluded, but fucking hell we could do with a bit of that daft upbeat attitude right now.

We've got the best manager we've had since Robson, we've got a set of players who can only get better, and we've got a club we all love trying its collective damndest to improve next year. If that's not good enough for you, I suggest you fuck off and 'support' Manchester United or Chelsea.

I can't bloody wait for the new season. Bring it on.

If that's not good enough for you, I suggest you fuck off and 'support' Manchester United or Chelsea.

Or Leeds.  :smug:

That doesn't work though. :lol:

Aye. If only, eh? ;)

I really can't wait for the season to kick off as I think we'll have a reasonable season.  We finished 7th under Roeder and that was still a shite season because when Souness was here we were very poor and we rescued it late on.  I think next season will be more of a steady season when compared to what we've had since Bobby left.  I think we'll get beaten a few times but I don't see us going to the basement clubs and trying to contain them.  I expect that we'll see some good stuff and we'll improve and build for the future.  As long as we move forwards and take forward steps then I'll be happy.

The wrist slashers can slash away, life is too short to spend it being constantly negative, especially without reason.

Souness, Roeder and Allardyce are what happened.

Aye.

I'm fed up of looking forward to every season being the one when we actually improve and challenge the top 6 and being disappointed time and time again. Doing it different this year, expect shit and anything else is a bonus.

Souness, Roeder and Allardyce are what happened.

Aye.

I'm fed up of looking forward to every season being the one when we actually improve and challenge the top 6 and being disappointed time and time again. Doing it different this year, expect s*** and anything else is a bonus.

Starting a season with Keegan in charge is slightly different because of what he's done here in the past, he'll do everything possible to do the job to the best of his ability.  I think we can all be confident that he’ll want to do the job the way we would like him to do it, I didn't feel that way about the three named above.

I used to be one of the most positive people on here but after the mess of Fat Fred, Souness, Roeder and Big Sam I just find it really hard to feel this club can recover.

Ashley taking  over the club was a brief happy moment and then Keegan being brought back was a magical moment but a one that made a  few people question the real ambition of Ashley and thought maybe a foreign manager was the right road to go down. Now we have the lack of signings, money not being spent, Ashley looking for investors, it seems the huge leap forward we were all expecting has not happened and if anything the club seems to have hit a wall.

All of that makes it hard to be positive about things, I am sure we will be fine but when we believe the hype in the papers it becomes very easy to feel let down when these so called big players do not come here.

Guest BooBoo

I like to think i'm a realist and with the squad being as it is at this moment in timewe're looking at a finish somewhere between 9th and 14th imo.

I just cant get super excited about that. However, as many have pointed out before, there's a lot of deals to be done before the season kicks off so i'm not at panic stations yet.

I'm always positive. I just want the pre-season friendlies to began, at least then we can start analysing performances and build hope for the coming season.

By the way, those who are posting about negativity, i'd like to point out that it only comes from a few people on here. Rarely ever do i come across it in the pubs or the stands. Sadly alot of people believe a football forum is an accurate view of the mood, which is fictious.

Guest Sniffer

There's being positive and there's being realistic.

Realistically, our midfield is shite. I know it. KK knows it and I'd bet that even you head in the sand types know it. They get outclassed against the good teams and often outfought against the also rans. Perhaps Guthrie is the answer in the centre and we all hope he is but there's not a lot of reasons that I can find at this time to be hugely optimistic. Even without ronaldo, it'll be business as usual against manure if the likes of geremi, smith, duff, n'zogbia are anywhere near the starting eleven.

I'm waiting to be convinced that Ashley has any intentions of making this team remotely competitive next season.