Transfer Policy

Golfmag

I had lunch with Tony Jiminez last weekend, about a property deal, not football. Nice bloke - he said that they hoped to get a "couple more" new players in before the start of the season. He also said that their strategy is very much around getting in young players, whose value will appreciate.

As long as we get some older experienced players aswell as there are never any guarentees the youngsters will come good.

Also did he say a couple more? We only had 1 signing last weekend and we've 2 now, so he hopes we sign one more player at this stage? ???

I think we're a bit top heavy with players who, even if they aren't old, aren't improving any more - Viduka, Duff, Smith, Owen, Butt, Geremi. I'm all for looking to the long-term now and getting young players in, even if it means another season in mid-table. It's not as though we can compete for the established top quality at this time anyway.

I had lunch with Tony Jiminez last weekend, about a property deal, not football. Nice bloke - he said that they hoped to get a "couple more" new players in before the start of the season. He also said that their strategy is very much around getting in young players, whose value will appreciate.

Bullshit.

I think it is clear that our new transfer-policy is to bring in players with last names that starts with Gut... The club-shops will save money since they won't have to buy so many different letters to print on the back on the shirts they sell. It is just one of Mike Ashleys new ways to save money.

And in case you don't belive me, I heard it from Mikey Boy himself yesteday when we ate dinner.

Guest Heneage

Maybe their policy is to not tell people like you at all whats going on?

Had he quoted targets I would agree.

I can see Ashleys new transfer policy being that no one is allowed to talk at all about transfers, to anyone. And if they are to speak to someone they are not allowed to tell the truth or give out detailes.

To be fair, if thats what he said to Golfmag, he is hardly telling us anything we probably didnt know already.

If he didnt give names out then I am sure he is probably telling most people the same thing. He has hardly given much away

I can see Ashleys new transfer policy being that no one is allowed to talk at all about transfers, to anyone. And if they are to speak to someone they are not allowed to tell the truth or give out detailes.

To be fair, if thats what he said to Golfmag, he is hardly telling us anything we probably didnt know already.

If he didnt give names out then I am sure he is probably telling most people the same thing. He has hardly given much away

I quoted what he said and he didn't say anything more re transfers, except that players who are anything other than young and full of potential are wanting ridiculous wages. I respect him for the fact that he didn't give me any names.