So who could we sign that would pacify you?

Dave

Guest VegasToon

Competition for Viduka - Ashton followed by Eren Derdiyok

Competition for Butt - Gokhan Inler

Competition for Enrique - Shorey

That would pacify me, but I would over the moon if we added an AM (Julio Baptista) and a CB (Fabricio Coloccini.)

Can Valencia play through the middle? I wouldn't mind seeing a player like him here tbh, very pacey and skillful.

On top of that, maybe Seb Larsson or Arda, just someone who is creative enough and can supply the front line, a solid DM, possibly a versatile full back and a good striker to replace Viduka would please me this window. However we could use a tough centre half as well as I don't think Cacapa is gonna last here much longer. Would love to see us get Coloccini and Bentley is a good shout too, even if his attitude isn't the greatest, neither was Bellamy's.

Hasn't Aimar virtually completed his Benfica move? Sounded like his agent was just name-dropping us in the usual way, to me.

Last i heard he was just in talks with him in fairness, but that was a couple of days back

Hopefully we''ll be looking for a few defenders now. A quality CB, and a LB who can challenge with Jose Enrique. Carlos Cuellar would be great as CB, not sure about any LB, maybe Shorey..

I think Inler would be a great buy, and Derdiyok seems like a promising striker, so I hope we buy him as well.

SWP for me. When he played for Man City against us he was a different class. Under KK could see him back to his best.

Depends on the formation we're planning on using, as well as the futures of N'Zogbia and Milner I suppose. I'd be pretty happy to see him brought in, though at nearly 27(!) he's no spring chicken any more.

Sorin

Aimar

Barzagli

Gudjohnsen

Nelson

SWP

Turan

Pablo Ibanez

Inler

Di Natale

I hope you didn't waste your money on a season ticket.  :lol:

just a list of players i'd love to see here, most of them realistic. Season ticket holder for 15 years tbh

Sorin

Aimar

Barzagli

Gudjohnsen

Nelson

SWP

Turan

Pablo Ibanez

Inler

Di Natale

I hope you didn't waste your money on a season ticket.  :lol:

just a list of players i'd love to see here, most of them realistic. Season ticket holder for 15 years tbh

KBJ!  :frantic:

(Joke, by the way)

I wasn't trying to question your ticket status, it was more the length of the list required to pacify you. 

Any off this list would do me

Mohamed Zidan

Erin Derdiyok

Eidur Gudjohnsson

Carlos Ceullar

Dorin Goian

Aaron Hughes, get him for decent price and can cover both fullbacks.

None of them would break the bank, so hopefully the big money is still there to bring the creative midfield star that we are crying out for, the Aimar, Arshavin, Van der Vaart type, of course finding and attracting him to our madhouse underachieving football club is the tricky bit!

`Pacify you´..  :rolleyes:

Never heard of him.

You say you remain unconvinced by the club, fair enough. So who would convince you?

Well, if you insist, here´s my ambitious yet not entirely unrealistic target list, just from the two leagues I know reasonably well. I would expect the club to be able to identify many more targets of this calibre from leagues I don´t follow like in South America, France, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Turkey etc.

Bentley

SWP

Morten Gamst Pedersen

McCarthy

Santa Cruz

Diouf

Ben Haim

Anelka

Arteta

Benayoun

Park

Zarate

Ashton

Bent

Aissati

Nuri Sahin

De Guzman

Luigi Bruins

And before anybody starts, no, I wouldn´t expect us to sign all these players, but this is the kind of level we should be aiming at. And yes, most will not come cheap, which is why investment is needed. And no, there are no guarantees that these players will be succesful if they move to us, but them being good players to begin with helps..

It´s getting harder to come up with these lists though, because a number of players that could have been on there have already moved to other clubs or committed their futures to their current club (Modric, Crouch,  Sulejmani, Dunne, Farfan, just to name a few). Of course it seems target we thought we would have a chance with are now beyond our reach as well (Bentley possibly, Arshavin, Arda Turan seemingly). Which is exactly why it is important to identify targets and move early in the transfer window.

Zarate's gone to Lazio I think.

And half of the rest I wouldnt want here.  For someone who preaches about not getting the quality in there's some average players on that list IMO

Examples please.. Besides, there will always be some players I rate and you don't and vice versa. That is hardly the point is it? The players on that list are invariably a level or two above players like Guthrie..