So who could we sign that would pacify you?

Dave

Personally I wouldnt want personalities like Diouf and Anelka at the club.

Much better off with personalities like Barton and Smith..

I didnt say I wanted them either. Its because of the likes of Barton and Smith that hammers home the importance of not bringing in those types of people... and Anelka and Diouf are 2 furtehr examples.

Dont want any of them here

Zarate's gone to Lazio I think.

And half of the rest I wouldnt want here.  For someone who preaches about not getting the quality in there's some average players on that list IMO

Examples please.. Besides, there will always be some players I rate and you don't and vice versa. That is hardly the point is it? The players on that list are invariably a level or two above players like Guthrie..

Would take

Bentley

Santa Cruz

Arteta

Not sure

SWP

No thanks (for differing reasons)

Morten Gamst Pedersen

McCarthy

Diouf

Ben Haim

Anelka

Benayoun

Park

Ashton

Bent

Already gone

Zarate

Not seen enough to make a judgement

Aissati

Nuri Sahin

De Guzman

Luigi Bruins

Ben Haim and Park are pretty ordinary players if you ask me. Ashton has never convinced me and not only would he cost an absolute fortune, he's easily as injury prone as Viduka.

I would love to see us sign SWP or Lennon.

No more than £10 million for either though.

I wouldn't mind Lennon. I know he was pretty over-hyped as Beckham's replacement for England and his end product is questionable, but he's fast as fuck (something we're really crying out for) and is pretty neat and tidy on the ball IMO. A replacement for Dyer perhaps. Bentley signing for Spurs might force him out, too.

I'm pretty 'pacified' as it is at the moment, it's clear to see we're moving in the transfer market and we've bolstered the weakest part of our squad with two (atleast) decent players, spending buttons in the process. We've showed intentions to spend big cos we were after Modric and, alledgedly, Arda. Which in turn makes me excited - given that we've made two major signings already, yet the big pay-out hasn't happened yet.

We're still craving a quality centre-midfielder though, that one's still top of my list. I'd breathe easier, let's say. But my peak flow reading's not off the charts or anything. :thup:

If i was to say one name, then it'd probably be Arda, going purely off what i saw in the Euros. Imagine that, two quality wingers (assuming Jonas is as good as they say) then can play just as well on each wing? Sounds pretty good to me.

I wouldn't mind Lennon. I know he was pretty over-hyped as Beckham's replacement for England and his end product is questionable, but he's fast as fuck (something we're really crying out for) and is pretty neat and tidy on the ball IMO. A replacement for Dyer perhaps. Bentley signing for Spurs might force him out, too.

I don't think Lennon is over-hyped anymore, he's certainly underrated now as well compared to the inital hype then the inevitable everyone turning on him and rating him terribly. I'd have him no question though, agree with your sentiments Dave.

Ben Haim is a lot better than what we have with the exception of Faye

Can't say he's ever looked that good to me. Would have taken him on a free the other year but he chased the cash like Sidwell IMO; never stood a chance of getting in before Terry and Carvalho.

I wouldn't mind Lennon. I know he was pretty over-hyped as Beckham's replacement for England and his end product is questionable, but he's fast as f*** (something we're really crying out for) and is pretty neat and tidy on the ball IMO. A replacement for Dyer perhaps. Bentley signing for Spurs might force him out, too.

I think Bentley is more over-hyped as Beckhams replacement tbh, which is a good thing unless we were trying to sign him.

And i could just imagine Lennon running down the wing whipping a ball across for Oba or Owen to wak in 20 times a season, magic  :smitten: :idiot2:

I don't need big names, just some recognition that we aren't going into next season leaning on Butt, Geremi & Viduka as regulars.  A big name might be nice for morale, but it's more important to address the positions we need filled in the best way possible.

Can't say he's ever looked that good to me. Would have taken him on a free the other year but he chased the cash like Sidwell IMO; never stood a chance of getting in before Terry and Carvalho.

:nods:

I wouldn't mind Lennon. I know he was pretty over-hyped as Beckham's replacement for England and his end product is questionable, but he's fast as f*** (something we're really crying out for) and is pretty neat and tidy on the ball IMO. A replacement for Dyer perhaps. Bentley signing for Spurs might force him out, too.

I think Bentley is more over-hyped as Beckhams replacement tbh, which is a good thing unless we were trying to sign him.

And i could just imagine Lennon running down the wing whipping a ball across for Oba or Owen to wak in 20 times a season, magic  :smitten: :idiot2:

Lennon doesn't put in 20 good balls a season ;)

And i could just imagine Lennon running down the wing whipping a ball across for Oba or Owen to wak in 20 times a season, magic  :smitten: :idiot2:

You're probably right in that Bentley is where all the focus (and hype) is this summer. As Jonny says, people seem to have forgotten Lennon for the minute, which might help us.

There's an obvious Jew joke to go in there, but due to this forum's recently policy about racist jokes, I will leave that one alone.

On that note, Anelka would still be an excellent acquisition. Big step up over Viduka, and has been excellent as the front target player for both City (under Keegan) and Bolton.

On that note, Anelka would still be an excellent acquisition. Big step up over Viduka, and has been excellent as the front target player for both City (under Keegan) and Bolton.

Shite for Chelsea mind, just like Ben Haim.