Boro V's Sunderland

madras

I had the unpleasant experience of being in middlesbrough at around 7pm last night. In the town centre around by Binns and I have to say,architecturally and socially the place is probably a worse shithole than sunderland. At least sunderland has some nighlife (all be it a tad neandertahl in style). This isn't a nasty slagging off of the wear and tees as there are some lovely places in teesdale and weardale....just these two metropolii (that right LBW ?)I always thought of as being equally dire. I now actually favour sunderland as being least worse.

Sorry, won't be a popular viewpoint but a lot of the north east is full of equally dire shit holes...including large swathes of Newcastle.

I blame Thatcher.

Sorry, won't be a popular viewpoint but a lot of the north east is full of equally dire s*** holes...including large swathes of Newcastle.

I blame Thatcher.

most urban areas have/are but think the better parts of middlesbrough are like clayton street west

Agree with Wullie obviously that Newcastle city centre is beautiful and thriving, and admit I got the wrong end of the stick there...

Edinburgh used to be nice once. It'sshite now though.

Agree with Wullie obviously that Newcastle city centre is beautiful and thriving, and admit I got the wrong end of the stick there...

Edinburgh used to be nice once. It'sshite now though.

influx of albino gorillas probably

Guest lankybellwipe

I had the unpleasant experience of being in middlesbrough at around 7pm last night. In the town centre around by Binns and I have to say,architecturally and socially the place is probably a worse shithole than sunderland. At least sunderland has some nighlife (all be it a tad neandertahl in style). This isn't a nasty slagging off of the wear and tees as there are some lovely places in teesdale and weardale....just these two metropolii (that right LBW ?)I always thought of as being equally dire. I now actually favour sunderland as being least worse.

[/quote

You can use metrrlopolii, or metropolsment

Either is fine!

Nah. Nowt to do with gorilla invasions. It's just the endless roadworks everywhere as thry dig up the roads to install trams by 2011. :angry:

i've always found edinburgh a bit too "shortbread tin" if you get my drift. too willing for the tartan and a scots york in going for "ye olde worlde"

Alot of the times ive been in Newcastle i seen chav overload, was walking down Northumberland street or whatever the fuck its called and a gang of chavs came out of nowhere and called this guy a specky prick and jumped him, ON THE MAIN STREET!

That was before the Liverpool game when Roeder was here

Alot of the times ive been in Newcastle i seen chav overload, was walking down Northumberland street or whatever the f*** its called and a gang of chavs came out of nowhere and called this guy a specky prick and jumped him, ON THE MAIN STREET!

you'll get that in every urban area but next time you are over try and stand at te top of grey street about 4 am when there are few bods about and look at the sweep of grey street http://www.victorianweb.org/sculpture/baily/1b.jpg

not 4am but you'll get the drift

Guest lankybellwipe

mackems.gif

Madras, I love you!

Never change your existance for you have a quality hemorrage on your brain!

Alot of the times ive been in Newcastle i seen chav overload, was walking down Northumberland street or whatever the fuck its called and a gang of chavs came out of nowhere and called this guy a specky prick and jumped him, ON THE MAIN STREET!

The word is charva!

The word is charva!

And they were probably just some normal, average lads from Heaton having a laugh :whistle:

The word is charva!

And they were probably just some normal, average lads from Heaton having a laugh :whistle:

Now just because I used to live in Heaton, don't be judging me. :lol: