The Sunday Sun

Thespence

Just scanned the headlines:

Oba not going

Fred Shepherd  wants to sign Shola when he takes over Real Mallorca

Luque has a few sentences blaming injuries, coaches at Newcastle & says he should never of moved here.

More to follow when I read the paper........or if someone posts the above once they appear on Icnewcastle

Oba not going

Luque has a few sentences blaming injuries, coaches at Newcastle & says he should never of moved here.

More to follow when I read the paper........or if someone posts the above once they appear on Icnewcastle

Luque is right - he should never have moved here.

Guest elbee909

Oba not going

Luque is right - he should never have moved here.

]

No-one put a gun to his head.  Everyone's fault but his, I guess he thinks - which is why he's surplus to requirements again...

Guest johnson293

Oba not going

Didn't realise Shepherd was going to Mallorca as manager??!!!

Might explain why Shola hasn't been too enthusiatstic about moving to other clubs in England, if Shepherd has made him an offer already?

Oba not going

Didn't realise Shepherd was going to Mallorca as manager??!!!

I can't imagine Freddie Shepherd ever interfering in transfers! That Balearic sunshine must be getting to him.

Guest johnson293

I can't imagine Freddie Shepherd ever interfering in transfers! That Balearic sunshine must be getting to him.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2008/07/13/freddy-s-ready-to-raid-the-toon-79310-21330657/

Freddy's ready to raid the Toon

Jul 13 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

FREDDY SHEPHERD could launch a transfer raid on Newcastle — for Shola Ameobi — if his cut-price move to buy Real Mallorca comes off.

Shepherd will make a formal written offer on Wednesday for Mallorca president Vicente Grande’s 93 per cent stake in the Balearic island club.

The former Magpies chairman is confident that Grande’s dire financial predicament will see him sell up for £20 million — barely half the figure he was originally quoted.

And with Grande insisting on a July 31 deadline for any deal, Shepherd could be in charge at Mallorca in time for Newcastle’s arrival for a pre-season tournament on August 1.

Not only that, but the long-time United supremo is already eyeing a striker — understood to be Ameobi — and two other English players that he can take with him to La Liga.

Auditors representing Shepherd met on Monday with Grande’s advisers and Mallorca’s accountants to look through the club’s books.

And the auditors’ findings have prompted Shepherd to re-evaluate his offer.

Grande’s company, the DRAC Group, has filed for insolvency. A subsidiary company, Binipuntiro, legally owns the 93 per cent stake in which Shepherd is interested.

However, while Shepherd is understood to have already identified three potential Premier League transfer targets, he would keep faith with current Mallorca coach Gregorio Manzano rather than appoint an English manager.

Aye, no interference whatsoever!??!!  :cheesy:

OBAFEMI MARTINS is staying at Newcastle — after Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insisted he is not interested in him.

Amid renewed speculation linking Martins with the Gunners, the Sunday Sun understands Wenger has discreetly informed United officials he has no plans to move for the Nigerian striker.

Instead, Wenger is confident of landing Blackburn’s Roque Santa Cruz as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor if the Togo striker leaves for Barcelona

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=martins-is-not-gunner-move%26method=full%26objectid=21331589%26siteid=79310-name_page.html

Further down it has:

Back on Tyneside, Newcastle have been offered Argentinian goalkeeper Mariano Andujar — currently with Estudiantes — and, not for the first time, Real Madrid’s attacking midfielder Julio Baptista.

And Metz defender Sebastien Bassong is on trial at St James’s Park.

ALBERT LUQUE has blamed bad management for his failure to succeed at Newcastle — after bombing out at Ajax.

Luque has been told to find a new club by the Dutch giants just 12 months into the four-year contract he signed after quitting Tyneside.

But while his attitude has now been sorely questioned in Holland as well as England, the Spaniard is pointing the finger elsewhere.

“It was a mistake leaving Deportivo for Newcastle,” said Luque. “From that moment, I suffered the worst time of my career and luck deserted me.

“I arrived at Newcastle with high hopes, but injuries and the coaches there were directly responsible for my failure.”

Luque is now hoping to return to Spain, although he fears having to take a wage cut to secure a move back home.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/07/13/luque-coaches-to-blame-for-my-failure-79310-21330659/

Guest Phil K

:clap:

Jesus man, are you trying to perfect your seal impression? Someone toss him a sardine.

Give it a rest man.

If he wants to applaud - whats it to you ?